It's over

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 18: It’s over.

(Lucy relating)

 

Tomorrow we come back to the school. It feels awkward; I would like to have more vacations. Minwoo and I haven’t seen since Christmas, even for New Year’s Eve we just texted “Happy New Year, saranghe”; and that was all.

I was trying not to think about Minwoo and the school and to sleep in my dorm, but I got a message on my cell phone. I’m sure is Hye Ran asking me to go out with her or something. Can’t she understand I just want to stay here in home?

I grabbed my cell phone to check the message. OMG! It’s from Minwoo.

“I need to talk with you today at the Central Park. See you there at 5pm. Minwoo”

Wait… what? He needs to talk with me? This is not good, I have a bad feeling about it, but I think it’s time to clear everything between us. But, I’m afraid to hurt Minwoo; that’s why I let us to separate so much.

I walked to the park. On the way there, I was thinking lots of things, but my heart still tells me that Youngmin is the one. This , Youngmin doesn’t even care about me, but I might be masochist or something.

Finally Minwoo came to the park. I felt a hole in my heart when I saw him; like I said, I had a bad feeling about this.

-       Hi! – Minwoo said smiling.

-       Hi! – I said with a nervous voice trying to smile. Minwoo looked me with sad eyes. I try to breathe deep to not cry.

-       Lucy, we can’t continue with this. Even when I try to pretend everything is fine, it isn’t, right? - He sighed.

-       Minwoo… - I said quietly holding my tears.

-       Lucy, its fine. You’re an amazing girl, and I know that you really tried it. But, feelings are feelings and I can’t force you to feel something you can’t. We’re just hurting each other. – Minwoo tried to say calmly also holding his tears.

-       I promise you I never wanted to hurt you. – I said crying.

-       I know it Lucy. You know, before knowing you, I was just a guy that thought that every girl would die for, but you showed me the real love. It’s not about being good looking or acting cute, it’s about being there for the person you love no matter what. You made me feel human for the first time in my life and that’s something I’m going to be glad with you all my life. Lucy, I really love you and because I love you I want you to be happy. – He said crying.

-       I’m really sorry. – I said crying.

-       It’s ok Lucy. You were my first love. I will be fine, I promise; but you have to promise me something. – He said drying his tears with his hand.

-       Yeah, I promise you anything you want. – I said still crying.

-       Tomorrow, we’re not going to the school, because we’re going to Japan for six months. I’m sure that I will be fine in that time, but you have to promise me that when I come back you’re going to treat me like your friend. We’re going to be friends again like we used to be. Only in that way, I could forget everything, if the things are awkward between us when I come back, I’m going to remember it and I’m going to feel bad again. Ok? – He said.

-       I promise you that when you come back we will be the best friends ever. – I said trying to smile while I was still crying.

-       So, I need to go to pack my luggage Lucy, see you in six months, my friend. – He said smiling and waving his hand and then he hugged me tight and left running.

I was staying there, frozen, without movement; crying and crying and crying. How did I let this to go so far away that I hurt him so bad?  I hate myself. I’d prefer to die than to hurt him like that. I mean he was the best friend I’ve ever had but I had to get the things confused and get everything to this point. My heart aches so bad I would like this to be a dream.

 

(Minwoo relating)

 

I finally broke up with her. I can’t stop crying while I’m running to our apartment. I hope that someday my heart could be fine. When I closed the door of our apartment Donghyun hyung was there.

-       Minwoo, what happened? – He said worried.

-       Hyung, it’s over. I finally broke up with her. I finally got the courage for doing it. – I said while I was crying like a little kid.

-       Come here. – Hyung said and hugged me.

-       Hyung, why does it hurt so much? – I said hugging him.

-       It’s ok Minwoo, Cry all that you want. – He said hugging me.

I stayed there crying for about two hours, until Kwangmin and Youngmin arrived.

-       What’s going on? Why are you crying? – Youngmin asked me worried.

-       Hyung, I need to talk with you. – I said. Then, Donghyun and Kwangmin went to the kitchen.

-       What happened? – Youngmin said worried giving me a handkerchief.

-       Hyung… I broke up with Lucy, it’s over. – I said looking at the floor.

-       What? Really? Why? – He said surprised. – I thought you weren’t going to break up with her.

-       Hyung, I can’t continue with this lie anymore. I know that you’re in love with her. – I said.

-       What? What are you saying? That’s not true and… - He said and then I interrupted him.

-       Hyung, you can lie to everyone but not to me; I know you perfectly and…even then, she’s in love with you. – I sighed.

-       She’s not in love with me and even if she is, I would never do that to you Minwoo. You’re my best friend.

-       Hyung, what I’m trying to say is… we’re going to Japan tomorrow and we’re not coming back. Tell her what you feel right now or you’re going to lose her, and believe me, you’re not going to find a girl like her in a million years. – I said.

-       Like I told you, you’re my best friend and I won’t do that to you. – Youngmin said almost crying and went to his dorm.

I went to his dorm before going to sleep.

-       Hyung, I will be fine, I promise. But please hear me; at least tell her what you feel before going because you don’t know what could happen in six months. – I said quietly.

-       I’m sorry Minwoo, but I can’t do that. I made you a promise.

-       Forget about that stupid promise hyung! – I said.

-       Just leave me alone! Ok? – He said a little bit angry and I left.

 

(Lucy relating)

 

I couldn’t sleep all night thinking about Minwoo. I feel so bad, I’m a bad person. I hate myself. Honestly, I don’t want to go to the school.

When I came in the school, lots of girls were insulting me and other kinds of things. I don’t know how they knew that Minwoo and I have broken up, but whatever, I think I deserve this.

Even Hye Ran is mad with me, I don’t have any friends, but like I said I feel I deserve this.

At recess time I went to the rooftop to have lunch. Even when I wasn’t hungry I started to eat while I was crying. Suddenly, I heard a sweet voice:

-       Are you ok? – I turned my head to see who was, and yeah, he was my sweet angel Youngmin. Wait a minute; I thought that he was angry with me like everybody. I just stared at him like an idiot. He gave me his hand and I stood up.

-       Yeah, I guess. Anyway, I deserve this. – I said sadly.

-       I need to know something. – He sighed. – Do you really want this? I mean… breaking up with Minwoo. – He said quietly. I nodded.

-       I’m sorry Youngmin, it seems that I confused my feelings and I hurt him. – I said regretting.

-       Lucy, I think that I’m not the one you have to apologize. – He said looking at me like… worried.

-       I know… - I said replying.

-       Even then, I don’t know how the school found out about it. I hate that they bully you in that way. Who do they think they are? – He said mad.

-       Its ok, I deserve this. I will be fine. – I said.

-       Are you sure you’re going to be alright? – He said holding my face with his hands. My heart started beating so fast. I just nodded in reply.

-       I guess Minwoo told you we’re going to Japan for six months. So, promise me you’re going to be as strong as you’re being right now. – He said.

-       I promise. – I said without breath.

-       Lucy, please take care. I don’t want you to be hurt. Please be strong. – He hugged me tight.

My heart was beating faster than ever. Youngmin had never hugged me before. I felt better when he hugged me like if now I have the strong to face this situation in the school. He looked at me and smiled slightly; then, he turned around and walked out. But, he turned back and said.

-       Lucy, can you promise me something else before I leave? – He said.

-       Yes, what is it? – I asked curious.

-       You’re my fan, right? – He said.

-       Yes, I am. – I said confused.

-       If you promise you will be a loyal fan till I come back. I promise you I will make a special fan meeting for you at the piano classroom. What do you think? Can you promise me that? – He said with a cute and irresistible face.

-       Yes, I can promise you that. – I said trying to smile. Then he left and I stayed there alone.

 

(Youngmin relating)

 

Lucy, you have to keep your promise. I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you what I feel for you until Minwoo be fine. For the moment, please be a loyal fan and don’t meet other guys. I don’t want to lose you, but I can’t hurt Minwoo either.

 

Long time no updating.

What do you think about this chapter?

It’s sad, right? I almost cry while I was writing it.

But don’t worry Minwoo’s heart is going to be fine, I promise

I'm writing a new fanfic: Twin Exchange. 

Please try to read it.

Thanks for reading and Happy New Year.