Merry Christmas!

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 17: Merry Christmas!

(Lucy relating)

 

Today is Christmas Eve, I’m not very excited because Minwoo has been weird these last days and the twins haven’t eaten lunch with us at the recess; also, their schedules have been exhausting, so I haven’t seen them a lot. Now, we’re on vacations; my parents went to Florida to celebrate Christmas with my family but I decided to stay because Christmas is not the same without my grandpa, so I’m staying with Hye Ran. I got a message from Minwoo this morning:

“Lucy, tonight Boyfriend will celebrate Christmas together at our apartment. Do you want to celebrate Christmas with us? I know you’re staying with Hye Ran please tell her too”

-       Lucy, we should go at least for a couple hours. – Hye Ran told me.

-       I don’t know Hye Ran, you should go, but I don’t know if I want to celebrate Christmas. – I said sad.

-       C’mon Lucy! Minwoo will be there, don’t be like that. – Hye Ran said.

-       Ok, I will go. But just because I don’t have anything else to do tonight.

-       C’mon Lucy, I know you want to see your boyfriend there’s nothing bad about that. – Hye Ran said laughing.

Honestly, Minwoo and I have distanced these days, I don’t know if Christmas magic can solve our problems.

So, we arrived to Boyfriend’s department.

-       Hi! Lucy and Hye Ran! – Donghyn said excited when he opened the door.

-       Hi! – Hye Ran said excited.

-       Please come in. – Donghyun said.

We came in to the apartment; it was decorated with Christmas ornaments and lights. Also, there was a Christmas tree.

-       Lucy! – Minwoo came over to me smiling. It was weird because we haven’t talked a lot this last week.

-       Hi, Oppa! – I tried to say excited.

-       Hye Ran! – Jeongmin said excited while he was hugging her.

-       Hi, Oppa. – Hye Ran said blushed.

-       I feel so alone. I think Hyunseong will be my couple tonight. – Donghyun said looking at us.

-       No way. – Hyunseong said smiling.

-       Where are the twins? – Jeongmin asked.

-       They are in the kitchen preparing the food. – Hyunseong said.

-       Oh! I didn’t know they like to cook. – Hye Ran said surprised.

-       Not exactly, they lost on rock paper scissors with us. So, they had to buy the presents and cook the dinner. – Jeongmin said laughing.

-       Guys, I’m hungry. – Donghyun screamed to the kitchen.

-       It’s almost done. – Kwangmin said.

I was uncomfortable because I was going to see Youngmin and I can’t avoid getting nervous when I’m in front of him.

Kwangmin and Youngmin finally came out the kitchen. But they were talking to each other and they didn’t come close to us.

-       Hey! Youngmin and Kwangmin don’t be rude and come here to say hi to our guests. – Donghyun said upset. They came close to us.

-       Hi – The both say in unison.

-       Hi! – Hye Ran said smiling.

-       Hi! – I said shyly.

It’s weird, now Hye Ran is always cheered up and I’m not anymore.

-       You’re not wearing the scarf I gave you. – Minwoo told me with a sad face.

-       Uh… I forgot it in my home. – I said.

-       Lucy… Can we take a walk to the park? - Minwoo said.

-        Yeah – I said with a nervous voice.

We went out and started walking in the park.

-       Lucy, I’m sorry for having been distanced these days. – Minwoo said holding my hand.

-       What? You don’t have to sorry about that. – I said confused.

-       Maybe, but I feel like if I needed. – He said with a worried face.

-       It’s ok. I also have been distanced these days. – I said.

-       Lucy is there something wrong about us you would tell me, right?

-       Uh? Yeah. – I said nervously.

Minwoo held my hands and slowly came closer to me. I don’t know why but I felt uncomfortable and I avoid him when he tried to kiss me. Minwoo face was so sad and he sighed.

-       I think we need to come back to the apartment. – He said holding my hand stronger.

We came back to the apartment. I wasn’t feeling pretty well. My heart felt so guilty about rejecting Minwoo’s kiss. Minwoo eyes were filled of tears but he was trying to hold them. I wanted to leave, there was hold in my heart and I wanted to cry for having hurt Minwoo.

We took our seats and started eating. I stared at Minwoo, he wasn’t looking very well. What should I do? It’s Christmas but he isn’t cheered up because of me. I need to cheer him up at least for today.

We finished eating and I came over Minwoo.

-       Minwoo. I’m sorry about what happened in the park. I promise you I will be a good girlfriend now. – I said and then I kissed him on the cheek. Minwoo was looking at someone and when I turned my head around and I think he was looking at and I think he was looking at Youngmin. Actually, Actually, Youngmin didn’t see very happy.

-       Lucy, Merry Christmas. – Minwoo said hugging me.

-       Merry Christmas Minwoo oppa. – I said.

It’s time to open the presents! – Donghyun said.

-       Yeah! – Kwangmin said excited.

-       Youngmin bring all the presents. – Hyunseong said.

-       Yeah. – He said distracted and went for the presents.

-       Who is going to start? – Donghyun said.

-       Me! Me! Me! – Jeongmin said excited.

-       I’m sorry Jeongmin, ladies first, be a gentleman. – Hyunseong said.

-       Ok, Youngmin give Lucy and Hye Ran their presents. – Donghyun said.

-       Here is your present from Boyfriend I hope you like it. – Youngmin said smiling shyly to Hye Ran. Hye Ran opened her present carefully.

-       Oh! It’s a scarf! Thank you guys I really like it. – Hye Ran said excited.

-       Here is yours. – Youngmin said blushed and gave me my present. I opened it.

-        Wow! A collection of ballads from the 70’s and 80’s. - I said excited. There were almost all the songs that I used to sing with my grandpa. – Thank you so much guys!

-       Now it’s my turn. Please hyung! – Jeongmin told Donghyun.

-       Ok, ok. You’re next. – Donghyun said. Youngmin gave him his present.

-       Jeongmin ripped the wrapping paper quickly and opened his present.

-       A mirror! – Thank you guys I love it! – Jeongmin said while he was looking at the mirror.

-       Yeah! It wasn’t difficult to choose a present for you. Who’s next? The maknae line first. Minwoo– Donghyun said smiling.

-       Minwoo I hope you like it, I bought it especially for you. – Youngmin said smiling. Minwoo opened his present it was a BIG white teddy bear with a red ribbon.

-       Wow! It’s so cute I love it hyung. It will be Bosy’s dongsaeng. – Minwoo said excited.

-       This is for Kwangminnie I hope you like it dongsaeng. – Youngmin said giving Kwangmin a little box.

-       Wow! Pikachu’s special collection action figure! I have been looking for it for months. Where did you find it? – He said amazed.

-       It’s a secret. – Youngmin said smiling.

-       He bought it on internet. – Minwoo whispered me in my ear and I laughed slightly.

-       Hyunseong hyung this is for you. – Youngmin said.

-       Oh! It’s the book I wanted to read. Thank you guys. – Hyunseong said.

-       Finally, the leader Donghyun hyung. I hope you like it. – Youngmin said with a cute smile.

-       DVD’s of piano lessons and…. Wow! The shoes I wanted. – Donghyun said excited.

-       They weren’t easy to find but we finally got them. - The twins said proudly in unison.

-       Hey! Why did Donghyun hyung got two presents! – Jeongmin said complaining.

-       Because he’s the leader, duh? – Kwangmin said.

-       Merry Christmas guys! – Hyunseong said smiling.

-       Merry Christmas! – We all said.

Wow! It was good to be with them. I was really happy. We are like a family that always supports each other. I feel so fortunate to have friends like them. Minwoo took me to the balcony.

-       Lucy, I have a special present for you. – Minwoo told me.

-       Oh! I almost forget it I also have a present for you. Close your eyes. – I said.

-       Ok. – He said closing his eyes. I put around him a scarf that I knitted by myself.

-       Now, you can open your eyes. – I said.

-       Wow! Lucy it’s so beautiful. – He said amazed.

-       I’m glad that you like it. I knitted it by myself. – I said smiling.

-       Really? Thank you so much! – He said smiling and then he hugged me. - Now, close your eyes I will give you my present for you. – He said. I closed my eyes and he put me a necklace. When I opened my eyes it had a little pendant of a smiling face.

-       Lucy, no matter what happen in the future. I will always be your friend, Ok? Don’t forget it. – He said sadly. I nodded.

“Lucy it’s late we have to come back to my house” Hye Ran said.

“Ok, I’m coming” I screamed.

-       Well… I guess I have to go. – I said.

-       Yeah Merry Christmas Lucy. – Minwoo said smiling.

-       Merry Christmas Minwoo.- I said smiling.

I don’t know why Minwoo said that about what happen in the future. What does that mean? I don’t know but it didn’t feel well.

 

(Minwoo relating)

 

-       You don’t see happy today. Is Christmas, don’t be like this Lucy came to see you and you’re with us. – Hyunseong told me.

-       I don’t know hyung. I think I should break up with Lucy. – I said sad.

-       What? Why? – Hyunseong said surprised.

-       Well… I think I’m forcing her to be with me. Also, I think that Youngmin hyung feels something for her and I feel guilty about it because maybe if I hadn’t put on the middle between them they would probably be together. – I said.

-       You have to think a lot Minwoo before taking that decision because you can regret about it later. – Hyunseong said putting his arm on my back.

-       Yeah, thanks hyung. – I said trying to smile.

-       Why are you out here? – Youngmin said.

-       I think you have to talk. – Hyunseong said getting in the apartment.

-       What is hyung talking about? – Youngmin said confused.

-       Uh? Nothing… - I said nervous.

-       You look sad. C’mon cheer up. It’s Christmas. – Youngmin said smiling.

-       Hyung, how did you forget Na Eul? – I asked him.

-       Well… it wasn’t easy at all, but then I realized that when you really love someone you want that person to be happy. – He said.

-       So, do you think I can forget Lucy someday? – I said.

-       What? – He said confused.

-       Please don’t ask, just answer. – I said.

-       Well, yeah. - He said.

-       Do you think that someday the pain in my heart will disappear? – I said.

-       I’m sure it will. – He said smiling.

-       That’s all I needed to know. Hyung, I will break up with her. – I said.

-       What? Why? – He said surprised.

-       Because she’s not really in love with me. She’s just being nice to me, is better for us just be friends. Also, I know someone that can make her happy. – I said smiling and some tears dropped from my eyes.

-       Minwoo, are you sure you want to break up with her? – Youngmin said worried.

-       Hyung, I have never been so sure in my life of something. – I said.

-       Let’s get in and celebrate Christmas. Forget about everything right now and let’s hang out with everybody. You will feel better. – He said putting his arm around my neck.

-       Yeah. Thanks hyung. - I said smiling.

 

Who will she choose?

Merry Christmas!

Love and Blessings!

Please subscribe and comment.

Thanks for reading!