Friendship or Fan Service?

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 5: Friendship or Fan Service?

 

(Lucy relating)

 

Last night, I dreamed with my grandpa. He told me in my dream, that he was fine and that I shouldn’t cry anymore. He was as always, strong, with his grey hair, and his contagious laughter, so happy. When I woke up, I didn’t feel so depressed, but I’m still a little bit sad. I think I won’t go to play the piano to the abandoned classroom.

-       Lucy! Hurry up! - My mom said.

-       I’m coming.

I dressed up quickly and ran to the garage to get into my car.

-       It’s late- My dad said.

-       Yeah. I was so tired, that I didn’t hear my alarm clock.

-       It’s ok. I understand, but school is also important.

I’m worried about my dad. Grandpa death also affect him so much, he looks really depressed.

When I arrived to school, Hye Ran was waiting for me.

-       How are you? - She asked me.

-       Better- I said smiling falsely.

-       That’s great. You’ll see everything will be fine- She said holding my shoulders.

-       Yeah. Thanks Hye Ran for being with me in this moment.

-       It doesn’t matter how annoying you can be, you’re my friend, and that’s what friends do in this kind of moments.

-       You’re a real friend.

Even when Hye Ran normally doesn’t show any expression, she’s a real friend. Honestly, the best friend I’ve ever had. In America I used to have a lot of friends, but no one like her.

 In recess time Minwoo asked me to eat with him, I mean without Hye Ran and Boyfriend. He said that he has something to tell me, I don’t know what does he has to tell me.

-       Lucy! Here! - said Minwoo waving his hand sitting on a table.

-       Hi- I said

-       Hi, how are you? - He said with a worried face.

-       Better, don’t worry about me, I will be fine.

-       It’s just that you’re always happy and cheered up. It hurts me to see you like this. What do you think about going to the amusement park after school? - He said with an irresistible cute face.

-       Mmmm… I’m sorry but I can’t. I need to do homework and exams periods are closer, so I will stay in the library after school.

I know it was a lie, but I have no mood for going to the amusement park, and I don’t want to be rude with him.

-       I see…- He said disappointed. Then he came close to me and looked at my face and said: - At least you’re sleeping better. - Suddenly, he took my hand; I was really nervous and surprised about that.

-       If you need something you know I’ll be always here for you.- He said so calmed, that I felt I could always trust in him.

-       Thank you so much Minwoo. - I said moving away my hand of his.

-       Call me Oppa.

-       Oppa? - I asked.

-       Yeah, oppa- He nodded.

-       Ok, thanks oppa.

-       Exactly, I’m your oppa don’t forget it- He said smiling.

Recess ended and we went to class. In class Hye Ran asked me what happened with Minwoo.

-       Lucy. What did he want to tell you? - She asked curious.

-       Mmm… he wanted to support me…you know about my grandpa.

-       What else Lucy? I want to know!

I’ve never seen Hye Ran so interested in this. Did something happen with Jeongmin and that’s why she is so happy?

-       Well, he asked me to go to the amusement park after school.

-       Really? Are you going to go? - She said excited.

-       No. I don’t’ have mood for it right now. Why are you so excited?

-       Don’t change the conversation. We’re talking about you and Minwoo. I think you should go with him; it’s obvious he’s in love with you.

-       I’ve already told you he’s just my friend, and he’s not in love with me. What’s wrong with you? Did Jeongmin ask you to go out with him?

-       What? - She said surprised- Why would he do that?

-       Because he’s in love with you- I said satisfied of having revenge.

-       What are you saying? He’s not in love with me. – She said a little angry.

-       Ok, so stop saying that Minwoo is in love with me and I won’t say a word about Jeongmin.

-       I was just trying to help you. I thought you liked him. – She left angry with me.

I know I shouldn’t been so bad with Hye Ran. But it makes me feel angry that she thinks that a girl and a boy can’t be just friends. I mean… Minwoo is nice to everybody, and he’s just trying to support me in this difficult moment, that doesn’t mean he’s in love with me.

The classes has ended and I need to find a place in the school to stay an hour that won’t be the abandoned classroom where is the piano. At least I won’t play it for a month…or maybe more time if it’s not enough.

I think I will stay here in the balcony to listen to music and relax a little bit. I was almost falling asleep when I heard a voice.

-       So, won’t you play the piano today?

When I opened my eyes I saw that beautiful angel Youngmin’s face. At the first time I thought I was dreaming, so I had to pinch my arm to realize it wasn’t a dream. My heartbeat is beating so fast that it hurts. He should considerate not to get so close to me.

-       Youngmin! – I said surprised.

-       Yeah that’s my name- He said laughing- Why aren’t you playing the piano?

-       Because it reminds me of my grandpa. I’ve already told you that, remember? -  Ok, I can’t believe I told him that.

-        Oh! Yeah! Now I remember- He said scratching his head.

-       How do you know I play the piano there? – I asked.

-       Because I always take a nap in the closet while Jeongmin hyung is studying in the library, and Kwangmin and Minwoo are taking martial arts.

-       Oh, I see.

I can’t believe Youngmin heard me singing and playing the piano. I feel ashamed.

-       You sing very well. You have a beautiful voice- He said with that killing smile again. – You should debut like a singer.

I got flushed by his comment. He smiled and said.

-       Don’t be ashamed. You have an amazing talent.

-       Thanks- I said still flushed. - So… Why suddenly you are being so nice to me?

-       I’m not being nice, it’s just Fan service.

-       Fan service?

-       Yeah, you are my fan right? So my responsibility as idol is to do fan service. - He said opening his big brown eyes and smiling so cute.

-       So, you weren’t trying to be my friend, you were just doing fan service. Well, I have to accept that I like fan service, so don’t stop doing that.

-       Mmm… I’m sorry but you already used your coupon, you are not allowed to receive more fan service from me. – He said laughing.

-       What? Coupon? What are you talking about? Even then, can’t I have another coupon?

-       Nop. – He denied with his head.

-       That’s unfair! I’m your first fan in the world. I should deserve another coupon, maybe thousands of coupons. – I complained like a little girl.

-       I’m sorry it’s just one for month no exceptions.

I was going to complain again when I heard the sound of my dad’s car claxon.

-       I’m sorry, I have to go. – I said while I was picking up my things.

-       Oh! Ok, see you tomorrow. - He said with that irresistible smile that makes my heart beats so fast.

-       Oh! Yeah, see you tomorrow. – I said while I was running.

My heart beat can’t still calm down, I don’t know how but I will get more fan service imaginary coupons. Now, that I think about it, it was a stupid talk, but I feel that I can say stupid things without worrying with him. He’s like a child, like a little cute child. I can’t stop thinking about what happened today. I need to tell everything to Hye Ran, wait… she’s angry with me, well… I will apologize with her and then tell everything to her.

 

(Youngmin relating)

We’re rehearsing for our performing for tomorrow. I can’t get concentrated; I can’t stop thinking about this girl. I mean… it supposed that this girl was totally annoying, but now I think she’s cute. Also, she reminds me of someone, but it’s a little bit different this time, because I don’t feel nervous when I talk with her. I can be childish and she will laugh naturally. I think we can be good friends, because that’s what I want, being her friend, that’s all. I mean… she’s the girl that Minwoo likes, he’s my best friend. Also, she’s not my type of girl at all. So, stop thinking about stupid things Youngmin.

The rehearsal finished and the guys started talking about the school day.

-       Hyungs, you’re not going to believe what happened today. - Minwoo said to everybody.

-       What happened? Tell us! Is something about Lucy? - Kwangmin asked curious.

-       Yeah, today you had lunch with her at the recess right? What happened? - Jeongmin hyung said excited.

-       Well, I asked her to go to the amusement park with me, but she said no because she had to do a lot of homework. So I felt depressed. – Minwoo said with a sad face and stopped talking for a second, then he took a breath and continued.- But, then I asked her to call me Oppa, and she did it!- He said smiling with his eyes brightened.

-       Do you think she knows what does that mean? - Hyunseong said calmed as always.

-       Yeah… I guess, she’s half Korean so I think she knows what does that mean. - Minwoo said.

-       Hyunseong, don’t put Minwoo off. I’m sure you are winning her heart. – Donghyun hyung said cheering him.

-       Hyung, can we go back home? I’m really tired and sleepy, please. – I said interrupting the conversation.

-       Yeah! Let’s go. – Donghyun hyung said and we came back home.

I fell asleep on the way home. So I couldn’t hear anything else. When we arrived home, I took a shower and went to bed. I don’t know why, but I didn’t want to hear anything about Lucy.