Nine

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I felt as if I was getting used to the crazy fast paced environment that Bobby and the stupid assistant, James, was always putting onto me. I was studying the newest fashion styles as I was writing notes for ideas, as well as delivering mail to everyone in the damn building.

            When I finally was done doing petty work for everyone, I was able to put my to the seat and get to actual designing. Time flew by, as I realized an hour passed when Brian Park, the Vice President of Yoon Designs, came towards all the designers.

            Everyone shot out of their seats and stood up, greeting Mr. Park. BoYoung seemed to be more formal towards him as well. I wondered if it was awkward to act like that to her own father. The image I always had in my head for parents were comforting and happy.

            Mr. Park went on about how the new “extreme” collection was coming out in a matter of weeks and we have to work as hard as ever.

            “This is the biggest thing for fashion and everyone is keeping an eye on us,” Mr. Park continued. “The magazines, talk shows, and everyone is waiting for this. We can’t hype it up so much only to disappoint them.”

            Thanks for the pep talk, I sighed.

            “Now, I want to say a bigger congratulations to Miss HyunA Kim,” Mr. Park smiled.

            I looked up in shock and pulled my lips into a slanted smile.

            “Miss Kim only worked here for almost two weeks and she’s already part of the biggest collection in decades. Congratulations!”

            Everyone in the room then started to clap, making me feel as if the blush on my cheeks were becoming redder by the second. I quickly bowed and awkwardly clapped for myself.

            “Now everyone, before you go back to your designing and creating, please sign this confidentially agreement. You may not show anyone the collection before the release date. Understood?”

            “Yes, sir.”

            “And Miss HyunA? Please follow me to my office.”

            “Yes, sir,” I answered, startled.

            As we passed everyone signing the contract, Mr. Park and I boarded the elevator. With a tense awkwardness, I tried to pull myself together. This is the vice president of Yoon Designs, one of the top fashion companies in the world. With a minute feeling like an eternity, I stood in front of Mr. Park at the highest floor, right next to the office of Bobby’s father, the President.

            “Did… Did I do something wrong, Mr. Park?”

            “Excuse me?” Mr. Park looked at me with confusion. “Why? Did you do something wrong?”

            “No, sir.” I replied but kept thinking about Bobby, wondering if anyone found out the way I’ve been speaking to him.

            “Then no, you’re not here because you did something wrong,” Mr. Park laughed.

            Mr. Park and I had a nice conversation about how it is working here and such. It was just small talk between a boss and his employee. I didn’t know why, but Mr. Park felt like my own father figure. Even to the point where he told me to call him by his first name. Just when I felt happier, he dropped a bomb on me. He showed me a stack of thick contracts (which probably was worth an entire sycamore tree), and told me to get them ready to send it all out to every mall that would hold our new collection; as well as sending an email version to the malls as well. . My mouth dropped, looking at the eighty contracts that were as thick as two of the Hunger Games trilogy combined.

            “Yes, Brian,” I finally managed to say.

            I literally had to have three carts to haul all of the contracts and the long list of the malls to my desk. I understood that I wasn’t a full time designer, but this intern job was just cruel.

            I got to work, typing each and every address into the computer to stick them onto the ridiculous envelopes. As I was working, I felt someone staring at me, but when I looked up, everyone was busy designing and getting ready to make their prototype.

            I didn’t know that BoYoung was scribbling the air, with her lips twisting a frown.

            Why does she always get all the attention? First Bobby, then his stupid assistant James, and now my dad? What the hell is this?

            BoYoung bit her lip, trying to contain herself.

            It’s okay… it’s okay… it’s no big

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter