Eight

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            My heart was beating a little faster than usual that I could feel it pound in my chest. My feet moved like it was walking on air as this surreal emotion took over my body. The deep breath I managed to take calmed me down a significant amount. I’m not going to be naïve and think of a billion excuses to justify why I’m feeling strange. I knew it was from Bobby; that stupid mature look he gets when he’s not running his childish mouth. The guy was extremely handsome… maybe it had to do something with that… or that dumb act he puts on but hilariously messes up.

            I finally managed to walk into the apartment with Jay, in the kitchen making some food he probably burnt again. I looked over as he greeted me and saw the mess of a plate: a huge amount fried rice with some sort of meat and a huge circle of an egg, that was 20% brownish black, plopped right on top; though you couldn’t really tell with the ridiculous amount of hot sauce smothered onto it.

            “Seriously? Why don’t you just get some 7-Eleven, it’s cheap and you don’t have to risk burning the whole building down,” I teased, opening the window from the awkward smell roaming around the air. It didn’t smell bad, but it didn’t smell good either.

            “Ha-Ha,” Jay said, without paying attention to me as he scooped up a huge bite of his “omelet”. “Anyway, where have you been?”

            “Oh, I was with Bobby.”

            “Bobby...? Why were you out with him?” Jay stopped halfway from putting another enormous spoonful in his mouth, and stared at me as if I did a stupid prank.

            “He… took me out to lunch,” I decided to choose my words wisely as I knew Jay would’ve gone and punched Bobby if I told him I was technically forced to go.

            “So… you practically went on a date with him?”

            “Not really. I mean he just bought me food,” I ruffled my hair as I took it out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter