Twenty Seven

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The uniformed men burst opened the door and flowed in as if they were cockroaches. He knew he was done. The wolves scurried as they surrounded him and some of them rummaged through his office.

            “Mr. Stan Kim, you are under arrest for the contract murder of Daniel Yoon, Rachel Lee, and Stella Yoon; as well as the second attempted murder of Stella Yoon,” the head police officer said as his two sidekicks handcuffed Stan. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can’t afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?”

            “Yes,” Stan replied, and closed his eyes as he was taken away.

 

            Bobby stood outside of the room, with his arms crossed.

            He’s going to jail… he’s going to pay for his crimes… I should be glad he’s not here anymore, Bobby said to himself.

            He then looked back at Stan as he and the police got onto the elevator. Bobby looked into Stan’s eyes one more time, and instead of fear and hatred Bobby had expected, he saw no emotions; no remorse… nothing. Bobby looked back into Stan’s office, then to Stan, then to the floor. With fists, Bobby’s tears started to fall.

            He’s going to jail… he’s going to pay for his crimes… but why am I not glad he’s not here anymore?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter