Seventeen

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “So how’s work going for you?”

            “It’s good. Thanks for asking,” I said.

            Tucking my hair behind my ear, I looked up to see Bobby awkwardly shifting his hands into his pockets. I could tell by the way he pursed his lips together ever so slightly, he was trying to think of something to say like how I was doing.

            From more awkward small talks, Bobby asked if I would like to get some late lunch.

            “Oh… I’m not sure…”

            “Come on,” Bobby smiled, noticeably trying to make the aura livelier. “Work’s done in an hour anyway. You can choose the place.”

            My ears twitched a little when he said his last sentence. I smiled a little and nodded, “There’s a place around here. It’s really good.”

            “Okay,” Bobby smiled back.

 

            Bobby looked down at what he was paying for. Paper wrapped sandwiches, half air chip bags, a couple of chocolate chip cookies, and a medium soda cup. He looked around the setting and was uncomfortable, though trying very hard not to show it on his face.

            They were at a jammed-packed Subway restaurant. HyunA looked happy ordering things onto her packed sandwich and adding more items into Bobby’s practically-just-bread sandwich. HyunA was going on about how they were having a promo and they should add more stuff. He kept looking over the food and the numbers on the cash register to see if everything was right, not sure if the cashier got everything.

            They sat outside on a breezy yet sunny day. Bobby looked over at HyunA, happily eating her sandwich, as she kicked her legs in and out looking up at the sky. The second she turned her head, she slightly smiled and turned her head back down to her sandwich.

            It felt as though something tugged at Bobby’s heart. He felt incredible joy as HyunA’s beauty shined even more with the sunlight shining beside her. Her black hair were ever so slightly blowing in the wind and her green eyes shone as it went into a smile. Bobby felt his hand twitch, as it wanted to hold hers. They sat in silence, though comfortable in each other’s close presence. However, they didn’t know of the one person nearby that had been watching them.

______________________________

            Sabrina stared at Bobby and HyunA. She had been hiding in her car, fairly close to the couple. Sabrina had taken pictures here and there but didn’t really understand what she was looking for.

            “This boy was known to be a Casanova… so that’s probably one of his girls… But… people said that he hasn’t been going out a lot with girls since last year…”

            Sabrina zoomed her camera much closer, taking a picture of HyunA. When HyunA turned her face towards Sabrina’s direction, Sabrina stopped.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter