Fifteen

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I was standing in front of Stan with the biggest cloud over my head. We, as well as all of the designers and other superiors, were in the huge presentation room. Each of the hundred clothing and fifty jewelry pieces were presented in a long rows.

            Everyone in the room looked thoroughly impressed, all except for Stan. He was stone faced with his arms crossed. His eyes looked at each piece with penetrating stares. He didn’t say a word, but when it ended, he nodded to Brian and left the room.

            I held my breath for the moment of truth. If this collection doesn’t even pass the first round, at that very moment, I would have to kiss my life goodbye. No pressure, right?

I thought of all of the reasons why the collection should be received well and there’s no reason why Stan shouldn’t like it, but also told myself that I was just being too confident. I played with my fingers behind my back, trying to release my nervous energy somehow.

He just left the room… does that mean he doesn’t like it? But… he nodded at Brian… does that mean he DOES like it? Or… does that mean he’s nodding to take my life. Oh my gosh, what do I do? Should I leave the country? Should I run while I still have the chance? I still have a good amount of money left from the previous paychecks. I wonder if Jay will mind leaving right now. I can just leave the apartment to the college kids. Oh my gosh, Brian, SAY SOMETHING!

My mind started to go ballistic on me. I knew I wasn’t thinking straight but all this anxiety was taking a toll on me.

            “Well, that’s it.” Brian announced, breaking my train of nervous thoughts. “Get ready for the release date in two days!”

            Every company superior, business partners, and investors started to clap their hands. I couldn’t grasp what had happened, but I noticed that Brian gave me a big smile and clapping as well. Without words, my lips shot into a huge smile as well and actually jumped for joy. Every designer jumped with me and hugged me in the process.

            Now that the first part of the test was done, I had to wait for the final yet hardest part; the reviews and sales of the new collection. I couldn’t sleep the next two days, I kept retouching every little detail on each hundred-fifty pieces. I kept cleaning my apartment as well as the company, even during the day of the release.

            “, you need to calm down. You’re making me all nervous too,” Jessi sighed.

            “Seriously, HyunA, the collection looks better than the old one,” Heather said, while chewing her gum. “You don’t have anything to worry about.”

            “But, this is what’s going to affect me like crazy… you know, whether I can keep this job and NOT get sued?!” I flapped my hands as the nervousness got to me.

            “Dude, we get it. But going crazy isn’t going to help at all. So all we can do now is get ready and hope for the best,” Cindy stood up from her chair and grabbed my hands tightly. “Let’s just get through the fashion show tonight and then we’ll see what happens.”

            On the other side of the company building, Bobby and BoYoung were having the scariest conversation of BoYoung’s life. Bobby handed her a large envelope and showed pictures from surveillance cameras. One was of BoYoung typing away at HyunA’s computer, another was at the coffee shop that showed the back of her head but with a good picture of the Flower Petals’ vice president’s face, one more at the coffee shop of BoYoung’s back handing a large Yoon Designs envelope, and last but not least, a picture of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter