Thirteen

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Are you sure you want to do this?” Brian asked.

            I went to say my final goodbyes with a box filled with the rest of my belongings. I stood with my head down, gripping onto the box tightly. The embarrassment weighed down onto me more and more as each second passed. I didn’t want to look at Brian directly. The only man that I had respected a lot had to see me in this state. In my own imagination, Brian was the only one that had that paternal instinct and I had wanted to get close to him. I felt cared for even with just his smile and when he told me to call him by his first name, I was happy. Now I had to stand in front of the man I looked up to and say goodbye.

            “What choice do I have? Stan made it clear that I can’t work here anymore,” I replied. “It’s not worth fighting over and making things worse.”

            Brian’s eyes shown mixed feelings and he said something that caught my attention, “Don’t you like designing?”

            “Of course,” my head finally picked itself up.

            “Look… I don’t know who did this,” Brian said, quietly. “But what I do know is that it’s not you. So instead of getting falsely accused and losing what you’re passionate for, you should try to fight for it.”

            I listened to his pep talk, with a huge amount of doubt. But it wouldn’t hurt to try… right? That thought completely vanished when I was standing in front of Stan’s cold hard glare.

            “Why do you think I’ll give you another chance?” Stan snarled. “I have the evidence I need to prove that you did it.”

            I had went into his office with some sort of confidence but was shattered when I finished my sentence. Why did I decide to do this… Brian, why couldn’t you just let me quit?! I felt like I was going to pee in my pants, but with one deep sigh that collected my pride, I continued on.

“Yoon Designs need this collection to be a success. The designs are coming out greater than before, but the designing team are trying to fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter