Twelve

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Weeks had passed since Bobby and I started to date. Our lives went on as if it was any other day before, but we would secretly go on dates during lunch hours, before and after work, and even during work though it would be small “talks” in his office. Those times in his office were probably my favorite. At first, that thrill of possibly getting caught, I honestly hated; but after some time, I would skip into his office, anticipating his kisses at the far corner of his room where no one could see from the outside.

            At that one corner, Bobby would wrap his arms around my waist while I wrapped mine around his neck. He would kiss the base of my neck to my collar bone, then towards my lips; which he would softly nibble at occasionally as a joke. I melted every time and my body kept on craving more.

            There were times we would almost get caught by that stupid assistant James. As an older man goes, he’s like that one lady from my orphanage that would knock once and just barge into the room. There were a couple of times, I wanted to kiss Bobby for so long that I would want to latch onto him but reluctantly had to move away.

            The times with Bobby were a dream. I wished I would be asleep for all eternity if this dream would never end. Even so, my dream would soon turn into a nightmare when one day, Flower Petals came out with a new collection.

            The company was going crazy. Flower Petals had our collection combined with their own pieces as well. I couldn’t believe my eyes when the President of Yoon Designs, Stan Kim, came down to our floor and announced the shock to everyone.

            “I’m going to say this once. Whoever had leaked the collection to Flower Petals will be in for a serious consequence,” Mr. Kim roared.

            I quickly went online and saw the reviews. The fashion critics were going crazy over the clothes; many of which were talking about my two designs that were part of the collection.

            Best fashion statement I’ve ever seen in years!

            The newest trend that has been dropped since denim jeans!

            I couldn’t help but be flattered, though absolutely furious that my work had been stolen. I wished the worst upon the person in our company what had done this.

            Days passed and everyone was working overtime each day. Because we didn’t have the evidence to show that Flower Petals stole our collection, nor would the people care; we had to design a whole new collection within the couple weeks we had left. Hands and brains were cramping but the work had to be done. I had drawn over twenty outfits and thirty accessories, making the prototypes for at least a quarter of them, before the bomb was dropped onto me.

            Stan Kim came down to our floor. Everyone stood up quickly and greeted him with an uncomfortable firm manner. Mr. Kim then announced that he knew who had betrayed us. In my mind, I was happy; I couldn’t believe that someone would’ve done something like this to their own workplace.

            As I was in my thoughts, it was broken by Mr. Kim who was now standing in front of me. Before I knew it, Stan announced loud and clear that I had been the one and that I was fired.

            “Excuse me?” my mouth dropped to the floor. “There must be some mistake.”

            “No, there isn’t. An anonymous email was sent to Flower Petals, telling them everything, and the IP address was from your computer. The police found out that the information they had received also came from a flash drive which was sent within the Yoon Design’s contracts, which we all know, you were responsible for them.”

            “No… that can’t be possible,” I managed to say, but cut off quickly.

            “The only people that had the full information about the collection was myself, the Vice President, and the CEO,” Mr. Kim said loudly over me. “And according to my sources, you and Bobby are extremely close. Not only did you break the rule of no in-company romances with a superior, but it would’ve been easy for you to go into Bobby’s computer and take the information. You stole the collection and sold it to Flower Petals and got yourself a huge payday; you obviously needed it.”

            Behind Stan, Brian was lost in his thoughts. What Stan had said, triggered Brian’s memory back when BoYoung was left alone in his room. BoYoung usually never stayed in his office alone, nor acknowledged Brian much at work. Brian didn’t want to believe it, but he had a gut feeling that BoYoung had set HyunA up. HyunA’s complete shock was shown all over her face.

            “Get ready for the biggest lawsuit of your life, Miss HyunA,” Stan growled. “Breaking an official contract with the value of how much the collection was supposed to be, it’s going to cost you millions.”

            I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to cry and stomp my feet like a child’s and scream that it wasn’t me. I was trying my best to keep myself calm and not go ballistic.

            The room was full o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter