Five

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I sat at my desk at the center of Yoon Designs. The space in front of me was bare, with the newest model of an iMac computer. Next to it was a simple black pencil holder with a couple pens and pencils, a thick college ruled notebook, and a large binder to hold it. I cautiously looked around and caught glimpses of the other employees’ desks. They had lots of personality to it, and many of the designers had a drawing board next to them. The each desks were crowded by the person’s personal belongings, from pictures to Christmas lights.

            Suddenly, everyone in the room stood up. With confusion, I quickly stood up as well. Trying to catch a peek at the moving figures, I finally saw the familiar baby face and the husky voice greeting the people who were nearest to him. I tried so hard not to roll my eyes, until that husky voiced baby face was standing in front of me.

            I could feel the hot stares that were surrounding from every woman and men, from the room. I noticed some looked fascinated that he would come right up to me, but I mainly noticed the jealously stares that I had become used to because of Jay. I looked up at him and finally gave a small bow.

            “Good morning,” I spoke, trying to avoid eye contact.

            Every inch of my body just knew that his lips were up in a smirk that moment.

            “Morning, Miss Kim,” Bobby finally spoke after an agonizing five seconds. “I need to see you in my office now.”

            “Now?” I looked up and noticed the hot stares had become burning.

            “Yes,” Bobby smirked even more.

            “Okay…”

            Bobby and I walked into his spacious large room. From what I can tell, Bobby is the CEO, as his father was president. I felt the jealousy in me slightly churn, though I cleared my throat so I can focus.

            “So, how do you like it here so far?” Bobby leaned against his desk and crossed his arms.

            I looked back to see if the door was closed, “It’s okay since I’ve been here for only fifteen minutes. Now drop that act, it’s creeping me out.”

            Bobby looked taken back at first then just laughed. His arms dropped at his side and motioned me to sit down at one of the five leather seats in front of him. I flopped down onto one and waited as Bobby called for his assistant.

            The tall and much older man came with his head up high. It was extremely obvious that he took much pride working as the CEO’s assistant. The mid-forties man had a head full of thick black hair, minimal wrinkles at the outer corners of his eyes, and was wearing head-to-toe Yoon Designs clothes and accessories. He must be so happy getting discounts on these overly priced suits.

            From a formal greeting to going right off to work, I found myself already filing papers, getting coffee for practically every higher ranking people, and dealing with each snobby employee. After about three hours, I noticed my tasks became more and more about Bobby. Running mail to Bobby, taking notes for Bobby, and even just following Bobby around.

            “Don’t you have your own assistant for this?” I quietly asked Bobby, trying to avoid eavesdropping from the entire building that’s been keeping a close eye on us.

“Yeah, but… I want you here,” Bobby laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter