Seven

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I could feel the stress broil inside of me, and I wanted to scream. From constantly doing little errands to contributing to the huge collection that Yoon Designs are about to come out with, I wanted to just stop in my tracks, drop to the floor, and sleep.

            I was running to Bobby’s office with coffee cups in one hand and a notepad on where I had to go to grab different fabrics for one of my new designs. Suddenly, my cell phone rang and I answered it without checking.

            “Who is it?!” my voice unintentionally came out as a roar.

            “Um… HyunA? Is everything okay?”

            “Oh sorry. I didn’t mean to. Why are you calling me?” I calmed myself down to speak normally.

            “Club’s closed down today since it’s under investigation for ion,” Jay sighed.

            “What? What happened?” Shocked, I was still running down to Bobby’s office.

            “Kiley was caught sleeping with her client in one of the private rooms and so now the whole building is suspected.”

            Kiley was one of the most open hostess to say that she would have with her clients. With that huge chest and long brunette hair, it’s no wonder why she would always get what she wants. Kiley and I were the highest paid hostesses when I was still working there.

            “Poor Katherine. Is she doing okay?” I asked, putting down the coffees at Bobby’s desk.

            “Who’s that?” Bobby mouthed.

            I just waved my hand, to shoo him, and walked out. With a pouty frown, Bobby followed me out.

            “She’s been better, but anyway, I’m in front of your workplace now. Come out.”

            “Wait, what? Now?” I stopped in my tracks as well as Bobby jerking to a stop and slightly hid.

            “Yeah, you didn’t eat lunch yet right?”

            “Yeah… Lunch hour starts in five minutes… What the heck, I’ll go,” I shrugged and slightly skipped out.

            Jay and I were sitting at the garden area next to the cafeteria. He packed me McDonalds, which strangely I find extremely comforting. I was practically inhaling the M&Ms McFlurry. I smacked Jay and laughed hard after he called me a pig.

            “So Miss Fashion,” Jay spoke in a “reporter” voice. “What are you doing now that you are no longer part of the ion ring?”

            “Shut up,” I laughed. “I’m just designing ideas for the company’s new collection they’re coming out with.”

            “Obviously.”

            “No this is really cool. This is supposed to be their biggest collection reveal of all time. There's supposed to be like a hundred different clothes, you know like dresses and stuff, and then, like, forty new accessories,” I spoke, taking in another spoonful of M&Ms and ice cream.

            Jay stared at me as I tried to swallow the ice berg that I shoved in my mouth. With a chuckle, Jay ruffled my hair/ear and spoke with a gentle voice, “you’re doing a great job, you know.”

            I looked up at him and blushed a little. Trying to cover it up, I smile really big. Without words, Jay and I naturally got into position and Jay’s head was resting on my thighs.

            “Is the club really going to be okay?” I asked, playing with Jay’s cheek with one finger.

            “It should be. I mean, it’s not a ion ring. It’s a club with, unfortunately, ty workers,” Jay sighed through his nose and closed his eyes.

            I stared at Jay’s long eyelashes and slightly plump lips. I then traced my finger onto the two shaved lines of his eyebrow.

            “Excuse me this isn’t a dating spot.”

            I looked up to see Bobby with a growing scowl on his face. Little did I know, Bobby was watching us the entire time with the anger inside him growing stronger and stronger.

            Before I could talk back, Jay just naturally sat up and smiled, “sorry about that.” The uncomfortable aura surrounded us and I stood up awkwardly.

            “I should get back to work. I need to finish up at least three design,” I said, consciously ignoring Bobby’s presence.

            “Yeah,” Jay replied, then looked at Bobby’s way. “I’ll see you at home, HyunA.”

            “Okay,” I smiled. “See you.”

            Jay gave me a pat on my head and walked out without a form of goodbye to Bobby. Bobby, who marched up to me, asked me if he was my brother or boyfriend.

            “Why is it your business?”

            “Because I want to know.”

            “Well for you, child,” I smiled.

            When I got back to my desk, Cindy, Jessi, Heather, and BoYoung ran up to me.

            “Who was that guy?!” Heather asked me with excitement.

            “What guy?” I asked with my startled fists up. 

            “That guy that was all over your face and lap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter