Ten

The Clock's Footsteps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            BoYoung came up to me the next day with a smile. She told me that she was sorry for how she acted. Without realizing it, I grabbed her hands and thanked her; I felt like a giddy school girl. It was weird how much I wanted her to accept me… to want me as a friend.

            “Sorry my dad made you do all of this,” BoYoung said as she sat at my desk with me.

            “No it’s no problem,” I said, turning the page from one of the contracts. “I mean, I am the intern after all.”

            “Still…,” BoYoung pouted then jumped with a good idea. “I’ll help you.”

            “Oh! No, it’s okay. It’s my job,” I said, shaking my head.

            “Oh hush. It’s okay. I can spend a couple hours helping you. After all, two heads are better than one!”

______________________________

            BoYoung couldn’t believe it was so easy to trick HyunA. She scoffed at how HyunA seemed so oblivious to the fake friendliness. As BoYoung continued to help HyunA, she finally thought of the perfect way to ruin HyunA. Looking over the contracts constantly helped with the master plan.

            BoYoung went into her father’s office after she told HyunA she needed to check something. Lucky for her, HyunA didn’t ask any questions.

            “BoYoung, what’re you doing here?” Brian asked, grabbing his blazer. 

            “Oh, I just wanted to relax for a little,” BoYoung smiled.

            “Well… I’m leaving for a meeting now.”

            “I’ll leave soon,” BoYoung plopped herself onto the long sofa. “I’m going to work myself to death.”

            “Okay, but remember to go back soon. People might get the wrong idea and think you’re getting special treatment,” Brian patted BoYoung’s arm. “See you at home.”

            “Bye.”

            After twenty seconds, BoYoung casually got off the couch. BoYoung looked out the office window, to make sure Brian left the floor. BoYoung reached into her pocket and took out the flash drive that was tucked away. BoYoung then quickly typed into Brian’s computer, putting in the password which was her birthday, and unlocking his computer.

            BoYoung looked through the desktop and finally found what she was looking for: every single one of the official designs for the extreme collection; as well as the accepted designs, waiting for its prototype. Without thinking too much, except with a tingling bit of guilt in the back of her head, BoYoung downloaded everything into the flash drive.

            BoYoung quickly left after getting rid of the evidence and smirked to herself.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter