Can I Hate You?

No True Loves Allowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's proposal went well and it wasn't him that told himself that. The praise came from his father tuogh he is highly convinced that his old man did that in order to fake a front to their newest business partner. Sehun scowled at the thought because Xi Luhan wasn't what he has expected.

He has expected someone with an uptight look and a poker face that is on a different caliber than his. Crisp suit with little to no blemish and a hard stare that is framed by glasses with lenses almost narrower than his eyes.

But he gets a Xi Luhan who is all smiles and obviously uncomfortable with his business suit. He wears his hair blonde that has short waves that looks silky to the touch, a cute button nose that holds up a pair of nerd glasses with lenses as big as his cheekbones. And with that look, he is three years older than Sehun. That bit made his jaw drop and almost embarrassed himself by asking if the young businessman is lying. His father would've fed him to the lions.

Sehun was ready to hate the guy to whom his father is comparing him to. Or at least do everything up to how that guy is doing his business. It annoys him to no end that even though he has a mind on his own and he is not exactly stupid (a GPA of a few points off 4.0 is not that bad, right?), his father doesn't seem to completely trust him that he could run their company just fine. He is jot one of those brats who were thrown forcefully into the family business. Sehun wanted this because he doesn't want his father's legacy to go to waste and he can't bear with himself if the people working for them will suffer because of his incompetence.

So he worked hard with a goal in mind but it seems that it wasn't enough still that his father has requested Luhan to help him out.

How humiliating is that?

Oh Sehun is a capable twenty-three, going twenty-four, adult who is just as capable as that pretty Chinese doll in running a company. He doesn't need a tutor who knows nothing in the company that he knows like the back of his hand. His pride had taken a massive blow when the guy had the audacity to accept his father's request cheerfully, as if he was asked to teach some kid on how to do simple math.

So Sehun decided that he will smack on Luhan's face how stupid their set-up is and how he doesn't need him. Nope. Oh Sehun has a pride as high as the Everest and he's not some airhead douche who doesn't walk his talk. This is what he will show to Luhan. He should just get back to his owncompaby rather than bothering him with his nonsensical pretty smile and twinkling cheeky eyes.

But all of his plans almost tumbled down the next morning because he was awoken by a rough shaking on his shoulder. His damned alarm clock doesn't have hands to do that, the last time he checked. Upon realizing that he has an intruder in his condo, he shot right up and took hold of the lamp by his bedside table and swung blindly, hoping to hit his unwelcome visitor.

"Oh, hey! Watch it!" the culprit have a suspiciously kind tone in his voice that made Sehun drop his weapon. The person in front of him made his eyes want to follow his fallen weapon on his bed because in front of him is a casually dressed Luhan wearing a wide, amused grin on his face. "Good morning, Sehun-ah! I didn't know you are this energetic in the morning. This is noted," he chirped.

"What the are you into? Are you high?" Sehun flushed, conscious that he is only wearing his bed clothes, a thin, years-old shirt and a pair of navy blue boxers (thank goodness he wasn't wearing the red one).

Luhan frowned in confusion. "Why are you so surprised?"

Sehun snorted but subtly trying to pull his covers to him and cover what he could. "Who wouldn't be when a stranger suddenly shows up in your bedroom? Would that be normal, huh?"

"Eh?" the elder tilted his head. "Your dad didn't tell you that I will be shadowing you starting today?"

This made Sehun grab his phone and dialled his father. After a gruelling ten-minute conversation, he was informed that Luhan was given the passcode to his unit, thus his entry, and that the CEO is doing them a favor of helping Sehun ease into his responsibilities when the right time comes and he will be handling the company. This favor is owed by Luhan's father to Sehun's who has assumed the CEO position back from Luhan so he could freely do what he needs to help out Sehun.

Which he doesn't need and he felt a little sorry for Luhan because he will just be wasting his time. Speaking of which, when he ended the call, Luhan was nowhere to be found in his room. With a groan, he trudged outside to look for his 'mentor' and he saw him lounging on his sofa, sparwled like he owns the place. Sehun's eyebrow twitched as he also eyed the cup that the elder is holding and the straw that is in it.

"Bubble tea in the morning?" he asked in disbelief because this guy also likes bubble tea like him. Maybe he likes it more because he's drinking it for breakfast. Sehun only has hjs during breaks and weekend.

"Would you like some? I heard you love these, too," Luhan offered as he twisted around so he could face Sehun and give the bubble tea to him.

"No, thanks. I might have stomach ache later."

But Luhan pouted and Sehun blushed automatically, like a knee jerk reaction. "Oh come on," the former whined. "This is bubble tea! How can you resist bubble tea? No one could!"

Well, I could, is what he was about to say but he was cut-off when a straw was harshly shoved into his lips. He glared menacingly at Luhan who just shrugged and smiled at him.

"Go on! Take a sip!" Luhan urged. "I can guarantee you it's delicious! Wintermelon is my favorite."

But Sehun barely heard that because the straw that is in his mouth is the exact same straw that Luhan has been drinking from and di they just share an indirect kiss? The younger's head is whirring in thought because he is confused. His mind is telling him that is it freaking gross because it came from the enemy but then his feelings are saying some ither things like how Luhan's hair shine like gold and his smile is contagious.

So he thoughtlessly took a sip and downed the bubble that went with the milk tea he just took. Luhan seemed pleased with himself and took his bubble tea back after Sehun drank. The straw going straight into his lips once more and Sehun feels like he has suddenly entered a sauna with how his cheeks are burning.

"Go fix yourself for office. Since you don't have any important meeting to go to for today, we will be staying in your office and do whatever it is you need to do while I watch. Sounds good?"

 

And the next days were spent just like that. Luhan being Sehun's human alarm clock, the bubble teas were infrequent though because the elder discovered that his faborite drink is not ideal for the day's first meal. So he settles to making coffee for himself and Sehun. The Business Development head is always smelling like fresh coffee whenever he arrives at the offices, with Luhan following behind him.

The company is aware of the arrangement and they made sure to treat Luhanlike how they would treat their boss. No one is wondering anymore when they see the son of the owner of Oh Enterprises with a pretty guy following him around like a good pet.

And as much as Sehun loathes to admit, Luhan has been a great help for him and his team. The proposal that he has shown to Luhan the first time they met is what they were working on. Because of this, they didn't have a hard time knowing what the client wants because he is with the client all the time. They worked on the finer details over lunch, bubble tea and sometimes, dinner that the elder has insisted on cooking.

As much as it is convenient, it is also irritiating because Luhan acts like a mother hen. The guy could nag continuously for hours if Sehun won't tell him to shut up or if he realizes it himself when his throat already hurts.

Sehun went through everything like a warrior at war because he knew that everything is at stake here. If he does so much as upset the on-leave CEO, he could kiss his dream bye of becoming one for maybe ten years more and be subjected to his father's disappointed looks and the trust thay he has in him may be even lesser or, worse, dwindle to none.

But there is no warrior who only knows how to defend, isn't it? And so, with a smirk to himself he would always look out for any flaw that he could use against his mentor. Nobody is perfect and so Xi Luhan is far from one. Sehun had to look closely. There's gotta be a flaw there somewhere.

Sehun was successful into looking closely, close enough to see everything that is Xi Luhan but it was too late when he realized how bad of a strategy that was.

The first thing that he noticed is that how the elder's fave changes when he laughs. Sehun snorted the first time he saw it because it was hilarious! Luhan would laugh with his head tipped back and his eyes are crinkling too much that it disappears and his mouth. He opens it without care for the world that you could almost see his intestines if you get to have a look in.

He was able to sneak in a picture of it that one time when one of Sehun's subordinates threw in a bad joke during one of their brainstorming meetings, as Luhan requested to invoke teamwork from the whole team and get ideas from them, of course.

Sehun was celebrating inside because it is a good blackmail material and that night, after he has sent Luhan to his doorstep (one of his added tasks ever since the CEO became his mentor), he flopped down his bed and opened his phone to check his victory only to almost throw it across his room because of frustration.

Why did he have to take that picture at that certain time? Why did he not notice that Luhan noticed him taking a picture? And why the hell is that big baby so photogenic? The picture he has looked like some kind of an excerpt from a commercial photoshoot! He didn't know that his office has that kind of lighting that made Luhan glow the way he did in the picture.

All in all, it was a too damn good picture that mocked Sehun and bit him on his but ultimately, he didn't have the heart to delete it. Don't ask him why because he will bite your head off.

Another thing is that Luhan eats like a starved man who doesn't have a company in his name and lots of zeroes in his bank account. He's also really messy especially when they eat outside and Sehun could only just face palm from all the looks that they are getting whenever they eat in a high class restaurant.

So they opted to eat in a more safe setting like casual diners and even fast food. Sehun was just waiting for Luhan to bloat like an overblown balloon so he will start to look like most of their investors - pudgy, grumpy and ugly men who thinks they look so much better by parading their beer bellies.

And because this is Luhan they are talking about, no such thing happened! He burns through his meals like a miracle and there is no evidence that he eats three portions for his lunch and two for dinner. Sehun was beginning to feel stumped by the third week because all he gets from Luhan i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter