The Past and the Future

No True Loves Allowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan is a man on a mission. He trudged up the stairs two at a time until he reached the fourth level of the Business Department dorms. His deep frown was enough to keep people away from his path and it was amusing to see how the people automatically part to clear his way and this isn’t even his own department. He searched for room 400 which was situated at the end of the hallway. His steps were heavy with his irritation and his aura emits a deathly vibe.

He reached his destination, at last, and he pounded on the door like there is no tomorrow. That ing prick be better here or I’ll trash everything around until someone brings him to me, Luhan seethed in his thoughts, his fists starting to numb from the blows that he is giving the wooden door. He heard frantic footsteps nearing the door so he stopped and waited for the door to open. There was a click and the door was slightly opened to reveal a guy a little shorter than him but nonetheless, he is good looking. Like good boy next door who mothers would love to be their son.

“Luhan-ssi, do you need something?”

Luhan didn’t want to be rude but he’s on the roll and it’s just unlucky for Good Boy to be there at the path of his rage for his moronic stepbrother. “Where’s ing Yifan?” he growled.

Good Boy winced and he chose to just step aside and open the door wide enough to let the angry Luhan inside the room. Unlike the Art Department, the rooms in the Business Department are less spacious but then there are only two students who share the room together. Good Boy walked ahead of him and led him to their living area and motioned for him to take a seat on the sofa. Luhan fell hard on the sofa and smirked when he heard the furniture creak under him. Good Boy could always push Yifan to buy them a new couch.

It was his fault that Luhan is livid anyway.

After a few minutes of waiting, a scowling Yifan (yes, Luhan doesn’t care about the idiot’s stupid nickname because he’s mad) who sat across him on one of the single chairs. He crossed his arms indignantly and snorted.

“What do you want, hyung?” he sneered as he regarded the slightly older blonde who is boring holes into his head.

“You’re a big , Yifan. What is your problem?” Luhan sat crossed-leg, also crossing his arms stubbornly and marring his angelic features with a devilish grimace.

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” the other replied nonchalantly, inspecting his nails like this is a wholly irrelevant thing to even think about.

“Don’t you ing give me that! You know all too well what I am talking about! Why do you have to go out of you way and be a ing insensitive prick and throw those words in front of the others?! You don’t know a thing about how we feel, you dickhead. What gives you a right to talk about that so carelessly?!”

Luhan was fuming and he realized that in the middle of his tirade, he was already on his feet and hissing loudly and his plan of being discreet from Yifan’s roommate was already lost. His brow twitched and a vein on his temple pulsed when Yifan laughed humorlessly and looked at him squarely.

“That’s where you are wrong, you know?” a crack appeared on his douchebag mask and Luhan was quick to notice it before it disappeared. He spied hurt and sadness in that moment and questions were swirling inside his head. “I ing know all about what I’ve just told you because that is the truth, Luhan. Just face it. Not everything is hearts and flowers in love.”

“How could you even say that ? You know nothing!”

“I know everything! How can I not when I am suffering even more than you are? More than all of you combined?! You don’t know everything, Luhan.”

Taken aback, Luhan’s earlier hostility deflated as he regarded his stepbrother cautiously. “What the are you talking about?”

Yifan laughed again but it was hallow and heavy with sadness. “They say that everything happens for a reason, right? And did you know why of all people our parents ended up together? Of course you don’t,” he scoffed. “But let me tell it to you. Do you remember Tao?”

Luhan froze at this. Of course, he knew Tao. Tao is his cute little panda and cousin from his deceased father’s sid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter