Reality Kicks on the Bum

No True Loves Allowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was all over the campus that Luhan wonders whether the people in SM Academy even have time for their studies and their own lives because neither one of them were blatantly shoving their new compromised relationship to anybody but still, in a matter of two days, every student in the academy knows about the newest members of the Untouchables. It was downright ridiculous to have prying eyes all over them from the moment that they step out of their dorms until they reach their classrooms.

There were even some who are brave enough to ask them directly about it and their famous targets were Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Those two are the nicest among them and they have been the friendliest. But youth and their love for gossip pushed those two into unnecessary pressure of putting up with all of their assumptions and questions. They are never obligated for such tasks but then they find themselves answering question after question even though they are in the middle of their classes.

What’s worse is that even some nosy instructors are putting their big noses into their business.

Luhan’s ears are ringing from all of the whispers that he hears since the morning and he was pushed to the boundary of being pissed off when he received a distress call from Chanyeol (thank goodness for his dog like loyalty) saying what has been happening to him and Kyungsoo. Luhan gets it that many people might take interest because, after all, the six of them are pretty popular not only in the academy but people may have heard their name somewhere, one way or another.

But it is just annoying that they would have to meddle with their affairs. Curiosity is one thing. Being bothersome is another.

He is this close for unleashing his wrath to all those gossip mongers but Kris comes in the right time and holds him back by reminding him that their father will not be pleased if he gets into trouble. Luhan groans in defeat because the bastard just have to use the father-card. The respect that Luhan has for his stepfather is immense that he doesn’t think twice to put his case down. Damn Kris.

“I hate you,” Luhan sneered at his stepbrother who still had the audacity to cling to Baekhyun’s side even after Baekhyun has carefully explained to him that Chanyeol is in on the secret and he doesn’t mind that he turns into a puppy upon physical contact. Kris simply shrugged in reply and acts like he didn’t hear anything. Of course, Chanyeol is gritting his teeth at that because his need to hold Baekhyun just intensified with the will to protect him and their secret but as much as it , there is nothing he could do but glare daggers at the giant gummy tree.

“No, hyung. You love me very much. Thanks,” Kris sang (which is not a pleasant sound to hear, says Chanyeol) and smiled mockingly at Luhan who could do nothing because the sissy brat will rat him out to his father and the look of sadness that the old man will wear is enough to put Luhan into guilt for a week. Damn Luhan and his soft spot for the CEO of Wu Toy Industries.

“Why don’t you put your on use and tell somebody to stop all these people from bothering us!” Luhan can’t help the urge to smack his stepbrother’s arm who winced (Chanyeol was cackling unnecessarily loud at that).

Kris narrowed his eyes with a you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me look. “How do you want me to do that, hyung? Bribe everyone to keep their mouth shut?”

“I don’t know! You’re the one claiming that you’re a business genius. Why don’t you prove it?” Luhan raised his eyebrow in challenge while Chanyeol was backing the elder up with a ‘Hear, hear!’ in the background. Baekhyun was giggling at what a big idiot Chanyeol is being while Chanyeol’s two roommates are looking at him with the second hand embarrassment that they are feeling while Kyungsoo was simply smiling at his friend’s amusing antics.

“Just let them be, it will just die down, Luhan. No need to get so worked up about it,” Kris brushed the issue off instead and poked at Baekhyun’s right cheek making the latter squirm away from his touchy hands to Kyungsoo’s more-than-welcome embrace. “Baekkie!” he whined when his object of affection evaded his acts of love.

Luhan found another reason to smack Kris, this time on his stubborn head. “Lay your hands off Baekhyun, you doofus!”

“But why?!” the other blonde whined and Chanyeol was making gagging sounds from where he is seated.

“You are making him uncomfortable!”

“I. am. Not. Right, Baekkie?” Kris then turned to Baekhyun who thought that it was wise to pretend that he was busy pinching Kyungsoo’s cheeks than listening.

“You are an irritating piece of ,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath because he doesn’t want Baekhyun to hear him cursing out loud. It might leave a bad impression that he doesn’t need.

But apparently, Kris has heard what he said. “What is it to you anyway? Okay, I get it that you’re the one true love, soulmate or whatever. But that is all you could ever have – the label. Will you be able to hold him close when he needs you? Or shower him kisses because he has done something that makes you proud? Or even just hold his hand just for the heck of it? You won’t and you will never be so why don’t you just both save yourselves from the inevitable heartache and get your head out of cloud nine and face the truth?”

Chanyeol could only clench his fist in frustration as Kris strutted out of the cafeteria to who knows where. The air around them turned all gloomy and the weight of their situation pushing their smiles down. Luhan, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were silent because whatever Kris has said is the horrible reality that they are in. As much as it is liberating for Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin to know their secret and still stay with them, there can never be any more than what they have right now.

“That tard,” Luhan mumbled but without the supposed venom that comes with it. It makes it real when their worries and problems are verbalized and being spat on their faces. The lunch bell rang and they need to be on move for their next classes. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo heading for the Music rooms while Sehun, Luhan and Jongin are heading for the Dance studios.

The walk to their rooms were silent most especially Baekhyun who was brooding over Kris’ words with more thought. This is what he has been afraid of. Sure, he and Chanyeol will probably be okay for days, weeks, months or years, if they got lucky. But they will get tired of having no physical contact between them at some point. Whose relationship exists wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter