Eyeliner = Hot

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

It wasn't until he was sure that he had missed two out of three of Taehyung's individual races that Jungkook finally emeged from the bathroom he spent around 40 minutes in. 

When he unlocked the bathroom door, he realised that he had taken away the rest of the student population's privilege of using this particular toilet for so long. Jungkook was met with frustrated faces outside the door, and he gave an apologetic smile towards the boys. 

Upon realising it was Jungkook, the faces brightened slightly. 

"Jungkook! We've been waiting here for a long time. Are you alright?" one asked him, reaching out and sliding his hand down the length of his arm

Jungkook stared and pulled away, uncomfortable. 

 

You're not Taehyung. Go away.

"I-I mean-" he was suddenly relieved as he realised that the thought that came to his head was not said out loud

He smiled a sweet smile at the group of around seven to eight boys and quickly moved out of the way. 

"I'm really sorry about all this. I just needed some private time." he left before he had to explain any further. 

He made sure that there was no left over blood left for someone to discover. He did clean up the blood around the sink, right? 

Yes, yes he did. 

If anyone heard his thoughts just then, they'd think he killed someone. But no really, it was just a blood nose!

 

 

 

 

"Jungkookie!" someone called out

He ran to where he was seated before as he spotted who was standing there at the moment and calling his name. 

"Taehyung! I'm so sorry, I got caught up in something. I'll watch your last race, okay?" he breathed out as he came to a stop in front of a sad and slighty angry-looking Taehyung

"Jungkook, you said you would watch me swim! I won! I'm going to be called out to get my medals at the end of the carnival. Why weren't you there?" he looked rather disappointed

"I'm sorry." Jungkook said, not having much else to say. He couldn't just say what had happened right there and then to Taehyung. 

Taehyung scrunched up his nose. "Okay, fine. But you must watch my last race! It's butterfly and I'm going to fly across the water!" Taehyung said, pumping his fist and looking energized all of a sudden. 

Jungkook laughed and said, "If you really did that, that would be cheating." he pointed out and poked the elder's side.

"Whatever." he swatted Jungkook's hand away and asked, "I'm going to need that extra towel now. My hair is all wet and it's my shirt is getting soaked. I shouldn't have worn this now." 

It was only then did Jungkook realise Taehyung's dripping wet hair and almost transparent white t-shirt because of the water. 

 

Oh dear gosh.

 

Jungkook felt himself swaying and immediately walked past Taehyung to sit down at his bag.  

He fished out the extra towel and water bottle. 

"Here, you might want to keep the towel dry though." he said, not really looking at him but also trying to stare at him in a subtle manner at the same time. 

"Why? I still got another race and the team games coming up. And my other towel is really drenched because of my other two races." Taehyung said

Jungkook took a deep breath, breathing in the oxygen he was deprived of in the bathroom and looked out towards the pool area. Taehyung went to sit next to him, the towel wrapped around his body warmly. 

"Well, can't be helped then." Jungkook said

"You happen to have another shirt with you?" Taehyung said, leaning his tired body on Jungkook's body frame.

He pulled at Jungkook's shirt and let his arm drop over Jungkook's body. 

 

Jungkook looked sideways at Taehyung, smelling chlorine from his damp hair and seeing only a bit of his face. Hesitantly, he leaned his head against's Taehyung's, feeling his wet hair on his cheek. 

"Sorry, I thought you'd know better than to put on your only shirt you brought here before drying off."

Taehyung pulled his head away to look at Jungkook, leaving his cheek wet with pool water. 

"Hey! Sorry my towel didn't dry me off properly after my second swim." he made a face before bounding off, leaving to get ready for his final individual race. 

Jungkook laughed and leaned back, watching him make his way down the stands and to his coach who was calling for him. 

 

He turned back to Jungkook, "Watch me swim and don't run away!" he yelled before running off and throwing his now soaked shirt at the benches on the other side of the outdoor pool. 

 

 

 

So Jungkook stayed and controlled his heart from bringing too much blood to his face. He watched as Taehyung took his place and dived in the pool. He watched as he swam ahead rather swiftly and the other swimmers lagged behind. 

Unknowingly, he paid no attention to anyone else as he watched Taehyung win his race rather easily. 

The claps from the audience wasn't even enough to break him out of his daze and it was only when Taehyung searched for him in the crowd and waved when they met eyes that Jungkook became aware of the claps everywhere.

Jungkook beamed and stood up, making a big show of clapping for him.

From afar, he could see Taehyung laughing and started walking away to collect Jungkook's towel by the bench where his shirt was also located. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You saw me, right?! Wasn't I just great!" Taehyung said bounding to him after he wrapped a towel around himself. 

"Yeah, but I never took you as the bragging type." Jungkook teased, earning a light whack on his arm. 

Taehyung sighed, and feeling tired, leaned his body on Jungkook's once again. "I'm so tired, I want to go back now." 

He closed his eyes, his head on Jungkook's shoulder. 

"Don't you want your medals?" 

Jungkook's question didn't get a proper answer as Taehyung's head slipped off his shoulder and onto his lap. All he got was a few incoherent mumbles before Taehyung rearranged himself on his lap, feeling pool water dampen his pants as the water left the elder's hair and soaked onto his pants.

 

Jungkook leaned back and stared. "You've still got team games starting in around half and hour." 

Taehyung was lying on his side and he moved to lay on his back, his head elevated by Jungkook's lap. He opened his eyes slightly to look at him, then he closed them again. 

"I told coach I'm not participating in that. He was fine with that, Sehun and Luhan will fill in for me and Hoseok." 

Jungkook frowned, "Hoseok? Why isn't he participating?" 

 

 

 

Taehyung was feeling sleepy under the warm sun on his face. "I said I wasn't participating because I was tired. He said he'll keep me company, or something. He went to get ice cream, or something. He's probably going to come looking for me, or something." 

Jungkook's frown did not leave. "Or something." he repeated

 

As if on cue, Hoseok appeared from behind them. 

"Taehyung, I didn't know you were here! Hi Jungkook." he smiled at Jungkook and sat down by his left side, as Taehyung was stretched out on his right.

"Hi Hoseok hyung, Taehyung looks like he wants to sleep." Jungkook said, looking down at Taehyung and Hoseok's smile faltered upon seeing the full view of Taehyung and Jungkook. His smile was still on his face nonetheless.

 

"In that case, you can have this." Hoseok handed a cookies and cream ice cream to Jungkook, and he started eating the other one. 

"Oh, thanks hyung." he flashed a smile, momentarily forgetting about his neglectment on particular weekend. 

The two ate their ice creams while Taehyung looked like he wouldn't be getting up anytime soon. Jungkook started the other's damp hair unknowingly and it was only when Taehyung moved his head slightly to face Jungkook's body that he realised what he was doing. 

He didn't retract his hand though, and suddenly felt Hoseok's eyes on the both of them. In his peripheral, he saw him turn the other way. 

 

 

 

 

Hoseok his dry lips and looked away, the uncomfortable feeling settling in his chest and refusing to go away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Kim Taehyung. Gold for freestyle, butterfly and backstroke." 

The announcer called out Taehyung's name and he walked over, sleepiness gone and happiness was all over his face, beaming as the three gold medals was placed around his neck, a certificate was passed to him and he waved enthusiascally to the crowd. 

 

Jungkook watched and applauded. He heard a group talking next to him. 

 

"He's really talented, isn't he?"

"Look at him, he's practically a ray of sunshine. You can't not smile when you see him."

"He's actually so cute." 

 

Jungkook turned to see the group of boys applauding with the rest of the crowd as well. He didn't feel all too happy hearing those words. But he also felt weirdly happy to know that Taehyung was fitting into this school he said he didn't want attend. But he looked happy and comfortable now, and that was enough for Jungkook to feel happy himself. 

Ugh, cheese. 

 

After all the awards, the day was ending and everyone piled into the buses. 

Hoseok managed to find Taehyung first amongst the crowd after the awards and asked if they could sit together. 

"Strawberry! Let's sit together on the bus!" he grabbed Taehyung's arm and smiled widely

Taehyung beamed back and nodded, "Sure, let's go on that one, it looks less crowded." 

 

The two got onto a separate bus and Jungkook stared at the pair. 

Whatever.

 

He sat down by himself and leaned his head against the window. He felt someone's presence beside him quite suddenly, and he recognised someone named Kyungsoo who was seated by his side. 

He sat up and smiled at him. "You want to sit with me?" 

Kyungsoo smiled back at him and laughed a little, "You don't mind, do you? My friends over there, Kai and Xiumin ditched me and now I have no partner to sit with." he pretended to be angry and made a face, laughing together with Jungkook afterwards. 

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, my partner also ditched me." he said, thinking of Taehyung who didn't really ditch him because there was no agreement of being 'bus partners'. 

Kyungsoo smiled and faced the front, "I wonder who would ditch the oh-so-popular Jeon Jungkook. But, I did sit with Kai on the way here and Xiumin was the one that had to be alone. Kai just got lucky having someone here and back." 

Jungkook chuckled, "Well, at least you've got me." he made a show of flicking his hair to the side and winking playfully. 

They both laughed together and Kyungsoo said, "I'm glad to be sitting with you right now. We can be friends, right?" 

Jungkook replied immediately. 

 

"Of course! Friends!" 

And like the gay boys they both were, they pulled each other in for an intimate and friendly hug. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Jungkook."

"Yes?"

"Jungkook."

"Yeah, what?"

"Jungkook." 

"What?"

"Jungkook." 

"What do you want?"

"Jungkook." 

"Oh my gosh, WHAT IS IT?!"

 

Jungkook threw his pillow at Taehyung's face from across the room. It was now the term holidays and Taehyung kept calling Jungkook's name for no apparent reason. 

It was daytime at the two boys were just relaxing and doing their own separate things. 

Taehyung started laughing and rolled onto his side.

"Hahahaha! Hiiiiieeeeeeeee HYAHAHAHA! Hahahahaha! Puiiiiihaaaa! Hahahaha!!" Taehyung laughed hysterically and not to mention crazily. 

Jungkook couldn't help himself from letting out a smile and a small giggle at how Taehyung found the situation that hilarious that he had to laugh like... like... like that. 

"What is it?" he asked again

Taehyung sat straight against the wall on his bed and hugged his pillow. 

"Nothing." he answered. "I'm just a bit bored." 

 

Jungkook then remember that he had something to tell the other. 

"Oh yeah! Taehyung, let's go out to dinner with the others tomorrow night. Kyungsoo invited me. His friends are also friends with a few of my friends too, we're going to go get together for some dinner tomorrow night. You're invited too, of course." he said

Taehyung looked at him, "Tomorrow night? Well, yeah I suppose. But if you're going to wander off and leave me alone then I'm just going to stay here." he answered "Unless Hoseok is going too then I guess I can stay with him." he said, thinking out aloud. 

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and his eyes went widened a little bit, he frowned then and said, "You can stay with me. After all, I was the one that invited you." 

Taehyung nodded, not seeming to notice the slight possessiveness in Jungkook's voice. "Well, that's okay then. Yeah, I'll go." he said and turned to look at his phone. 

 

Jungkook stopped to think. He had been feeling a little strange for the past few weeks and he didn't exactly know why. He tilted his head to the size in thought as he remembered that he had found himself wanting to be in the elder's company more and more often. 

Well, they were friends and being roommates, they got closer as time passed. 

He shrugged off the thoughts and instead he asked Taehyung, "What do you think I should wear? I don't know if it's formal or unformal." 

Taehyung, without looking up from his phone, answered, "You mean informal. But anyway, if you didn't know you should just ask them." 

Jungkook nodded, "Well, okay then." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"TAEHYUNG!! Hyung!!" Jungkook yelled as he stared at the clothes in his side of the closet on the night of the dinner. 

"What?" Taehyung dragged his feet from inside the bathroom and leaning against the door frame of the bathroom with his hands in his pockets like the model he was. 

Without looking at him, Jungkook ruffled his clothes from side to side on the hangers. 

Before he said anything, Taehyung knew what his dilemma was and waited for him to speak. 

 

"I have nothing to wear! No, WORSE! I don't know WHAT to wear!" Jungkook said, bringing his hands up to his hair and then running them down his face.

Taehyung strode forward, "Let me have a look." 

Stepping in front of Jungkook, he took a look at some of Jungkook's clothes and examined them. It was only then did Jungkook realise how he looked. 

 

He wore blank pants and wore a white dress shirt, untucked over the pants and had a black tie hanging loosely around his neck. His hair was styled in the perfect manner and he had a lemon flavoured lollipop in his mouth. Some perfume was sprayed on, giving him the feel that he walked straight out of magazine. With a blazer slung over his shoulder, Jungkook became jaw-slacked and his eyes travelled Taehyung's body from top to bottom. 

 

Taehyung's voice cut him free from his little dream, shutting his mouth before he started drooling on the floor. 

 

"How about this one?" Taehyung took a white dress shirt like the one he had on and a white blazer as well. 

He turned to look at him and Jungkook forgot how to breathe. 

 

He so did not love the black surrounding his eyes that made him look hotter than he already was. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Your eyeliner makes you look hot." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------

Hello

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

If you can imagine Taehyung in those clothes good for you, but if you can't it's basically what he wore in the 'Boy In Luv' MV. But slightly different? But mainly the same. 

He looked great :D

 

I don't want the story moving too fast. Is this too fast and should I slow it down a bit?

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye