Friends and Fashion

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Taehyung exited the school building after informing the receptionist who nodded and him and typed something on the computer, giving him approval for leaving the school grounds. 

He unlocked his phone and looked at the keypad, wondering if he should ring his parents. But then again, what would he tell them? It wasn't like he could complain to them anyway, they wouldn't have any of it. 

Sighing, he locked his phone and walked down the street, putting his hands inside his bright yellow, candy decorated jumper. He wondered where he should go, thinking about the amount of money he had in his wallet. 

 

He heard footsteps from behind him and simply moved to the side to let the person run past without looking back to see who it was. 

"Taehyung! Wait for me!" 

Taehyung stopped and turned after hearing his name. He was surprised to see Jungkook flying towards him with arms flailing. It was obvious to Taehyung that he wasn't a runner. His eyes widened when he realised that Jungkook wasn't going to slow down anytime soon. 

Jungkook indeed ran as fast as his skinny legs would carry him and had too much momentum to stop. Taehyung moved to the side in a hurry, hardly having anytime to think. 

Jungkook saw Taehyung turn to the side and he too tried to run to the side to him. Except that he didn't quite make it. With so much movement, he so happened to trip trying to turn so abruptly. He lost his balance and flailed around, moving anywhere but forwards when he fell sideways into a bush painfully. 

 

Taehyung hurried to his side and pulled him up by the arm. His fall was hard and he ended up breaking a branch or two. Maybe more. 

"What are you doing? Are you okay?" Taehyung brushed him down and looked towards him. 

Jungkook let out a breath and spoke,

"Phew. That was close. Thanks for helping me." He grinned at him

Taehyung scoffed. "I didn't help you. You fell. What did I do to help you? Now, are you alright?" he asked again

"You did help me. You helped me up. And to answer your question, yes, I think I'm okay." he nodded, examining his arms and legs and touching his face. 

"Good. What were you doing? Did you follow me?" Taehyung asked, after making sure the other didn't sustain any major injuries. 

Jungkook nodded at him. 

"Yeah, I did. You don't know the area very well. According to the information I gathered anyway." 

 

Taehyung raised a brow.

"Information you gathered? Whatever. Anyway, did you come here to show me around?" he said to Jungkook.

He shrugged and answered. "If you'd like. I just wanted to make sure you'll make it back in case you wandered too far." 

"I'm fine by myself. But if you want, you can come along." he turned and continued walking again. 

 

Jungkook's face brightened immensely and he padded after him, quite happy to be spending time with is new roommate. He swung his hands and it brushed against his pockets. Feeling his phone, he fished it out of his pocket before opening his contacts. He clicked 'Add Contact' before pushing his phone to Taehyung.

"What is it?" Taehyung took the phone and stopped walking. He looked to Jungkook who looked back at him with sparkling eyes. 

"You want my number?" he asked and Jungkook nodded at him. 

"We're roommates. We're also going to be friends and we can hang out together as well. And so, I need your number." he said and then added, "Give me your phone too. I'll give you my number." he held out his hand to Taehyung and smiled.

 

Taehyung looked at the friendly smile and to down to his hand. He could feel a smile forming on his face as he looked at the other boy's hopeful expression. 

In the end, he let out a scoff and and chuckle at the same time. He turned away, only to turn back and show the boy an amused smile. "You're really something." 

Jungkook blinked at him, taking in the boy's smile before answering with,

"I'm just being friendly. Now, phone." he shoved his hand forward again, emphasizing that he wanted it now. 

 

You're also really talkative, right now.

Taehyung thinks in his head. 

 

Taehyung continued to smile as he took out his phone from his own pocket, unlocking it and handing it to the other. He proceeded to type in his number and handed the phone back to Jungkook, and Jungkook handed him his phone as well. 

"Each dorm room has a telephone, so I've added it in as well so you can call that if you don't want to ring my cell." Jungkook said.

 

Taehyung nodded at him, taking his phone back. He clicked on the 'Name' section on top of Jungkook's number, typing in Jeon Jungkook and saving it to his contacts list. 

Jungkook saved Taehyung's number and his contact name was Roommate TaeTae

 

"I don't know about you but I planned to get some food." Taehyung said to Jungkook as they made their way down the road again, slowly getting further away from the school building. 

"Okay. There's a noodle shop if we continue down this road and turn right. I feel like having a jjajjangmyeon." Jungkook bounded ahead, latching onto Taehyung's wrist and dragging him along. 

All this while, Jungkook was thinking about the other's smile that he had just seen. He decided that he liked it. 

 

 

***

 

 

"Taehyung-ah!" Jungkook suddenly exclaimed as the two were walking around the streets of Seoul, not far from the school building. Jungkook showing him the surroundings and pointing out places like the convenience stores. 

Taehyung jumped at the sudden shout and turned to the other who was still not letting go of his wrist after leaving the noodle shop. 

"What? Don't shout and you can let go of my hand now. People will start to talk." He took his hand away from Jungkook's grip

 

Jungkook didn't seem to mind as he talked, remembering a thought that came into his head. 

"Come with Jimin, Yoongi and I to tonight's festival! They hold it every year and you came here just in time. It's going to be so fun and don't forget to bring money for games and food. You can win prizes. Last year I went with someone called Namjoon and he totally won all the rounds of the one who could throw the strongest punch at this game machine. He won like three prizes!" Jungkook talked about the festival to him and Taehyung just nodded, listening to the other boy's ramble about the big festival. 

 

"Well, okay. I don't see why not." Taehyung shrugged and by now they've spent quite a few hours outside already. 

"We have to be at Jimin and Yoongi's dorm room by 6:00pm. It's... 4:50pm! Oh no, no, no. I need to shower and pick out clothes!" Jungkook said, his voice rising as he realised the time. 

Taehyung's eyes widened. "If this is some fancy festival, I need to style my hair! I totally forgot I bought this new hair product." He flicked his bangs away from his face and he and Jungkook started running back to the building. 

 

"Race you!" Jungkook shouted before taking off

"What? That's not fair! You had a head start!" Taehyung ran after him

"The first one back gets to shower first!" Jungkook turned back briefly to yell over his shoulder

They both raced back laughing, and Jungkook truly felt like they were truly going to become great friends as they ran and laughed alongside one another. 

 

 

 

 

"I get to shower first!" Taehyung ran happily into their dorm room, his behaviour a complete change from when he first arrived the afternoon before.

Jungkook huffed and flung himself on his bed, turning around to look at Taehyung grabbing his clothes and doing a little happy dance to flaunt his victory against Jungkook. 

"You so cheated. I can't believe you grabbed my clothes and pulled me back." Jungkook stated as he turned away from the laughing Taehyung.

"Sorry. Anyway, I'm going to take a long relaxing shower." Taehyung said playfully while bounding off to the shower

Jungkook got up from his bed to yell, "Don't take too long! I have to shower too, you know!" 

Taehyung closed the bathroom door and locked it. A few seconds later he heard the tap being and Jungkook dragged his now tired self to the closet to pick out clothes for the festival. 

"Cheeky bastard." he giggled to himself in a cute manner before picking out clothes.  

An image of a laughing Taehyung crossed his mind and made Jungkook smile. That rectangular box smile. He liked it. He really did. 

 

 

After waiting for almost 30 minutes, Taehyung finally emerged from the shower, dripping wet and wearing a bathrobe. 

"Finally! I thought you were never going to get out-" Jungkook spun around, throwing his arms up in the air dramatically and stopping short when he saw Taehyung's appearance. Jungkook's eyes widened as he stared for a bit longer than necessary at his wet hair resting on his forehead. 

 

He blinked and an awkward silence made itself known. 

"Are you staring at me? Stop it!" Taehyung turned around in a hurry, despite the fact that he was fully covered with a bathrobe, and there really was, nothing to ogle at. 

 

Except maybe his wet hair. 

 

Jungkook coughed and turned away. He couldn't stop himself from thinking that he looked hot

There was nothing to look at. 

 

"I'm not staring!" he denied, a hot blush creeping to his face as he tried to change the subject. "Why didn't you just get changed inside the bathroom? You didn't need to come out here!" he said, his face turned away from Taehyung. 

"It was hot in there. The steam was getting to me." Taehyung said, holding up his clothes to his chest and making his way to his bed. He glanced at Jungkook who had moved to grab his clothes off his bed. 

"You didn't have to spend so long in there." Jungkook stated, before flicking his bangs to the side, feeling sass that came with it, embarrassment leaving him. 

The door to the bathroom closed and Taehyung was able to change into his clothes after the got over his shock. Jungkook was staring at him, was he interested in him? Oh gosh no! It couldn't happen. Jungkook can't be romantically interested in him. Right? 

 

I'm STRAIGHT

Yes, that's what he told himself. 

 

 

 

It was now 5:30 in the Jungkook and Taehyung dorm room, the two of them looking intensely in the mirror at their reflections. Jungkook was applying some moisturizer to his cheeks and forehead after his shower and then moving on to apply some powder.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was styling his hair with the new product he bought which was so carelessly thrown into his luggage bag when his parents packed for him. 

He was fluffing up his hair and styling it with quick movements. Once he was done, he looked over to Jungkook who was in the middle of putting down the powder bottle and picking up something else. 

"Jungkook, how does my hair look?" 

Jungkook stopped what he was doing to examine the appearance of Taehyung. He nodded approvingly, his eyes traveling from his hair down to his jeans. 

"You might want to change the jacket." Jungkook said, scrunching up his nose at the green jacket. He reached into his closet and pulled out a grey cardigan. 

"It clashes with the colour of your shoes." he pointed to the pair of red and black shoes sitting neatly on the shoe rack. He passed the cardigan over to Taehyung. 

"You can borrow this. Your shirt is white so it won't look so bad with your shoes." After he said this, Jungkook picked up a bottle of perfume and sprayed a little on himself before offering some to Taehyung. 

Taehyung shook his head and said, "The smell will mix with the smell of my shampoo. And my shampoo is smelling great right now." He flicked his hair slightly to the side before flashing a smile in Jungkook's direction. 

"Well, if you insist." Jungkook said. "You sure?" 

"Yes, I'm sure." 

Both boys checked their reflection in the mirror before heading to the door. They slipped on their shoes and Jungkook spoke. 

"We're 5 minutes late. Hopefully they won't mind." 

"Can't be helped." Taehyung slipped his phone in his pocket with his wallet and walked out the door with Jungkook. 

As they made their way to the Jimin and Yoongi dorm room, Jungkook asked Taehyung a question. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure you're not gay?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I told you, I'm STRAIGHT!"

 

 

 

-----------------

Hello

I hope you all like this so far. Not much happened in this chapter but it will start to get more interesting in the next chapter. 

Thanks for all who subscribed so far

Thank you for your support and leave a comment to tell me what you think!

Bye