City Spending

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Jungkook knows something is up with him when he starts to feel irritated by the fact that Taehyung is spending more and more time with Hoseok. 

He woke up early for once, sitting awake on his bed at 7:50am. 

He turns his head to look at a sleeping Taehyung, mood dimming as he caught sight of Hoseok's black fleece jacket around the boy. 

 

Jungkook just huffed, turning his head away. 

He's sick and tired of Hoseok taking Taehyung away whenever he wanted to hang out with his roommate. 

 

Taehyung stealer. If you don't like your own roommate, don't take mine. 

Jungkook thought, frowning. 

 

He paused as he realised another fact that came to his head. The term holidays ended but he's sure Hoseok doesn't have a class on this day. 

Jungkook brought his gaze back to the unmoving figure on the other bed. 

 

No doubt Hoseok is going to call him. 

Jungkook blinked and in no time at all, threw his blankets off him and took out clothes from the closet. 

 

Throwing on an overly bright yellow shirt, he grabbed a donut hoodie - which was also yellow - and pulled it on. He hurriedly changed out of his pajama pants and into a pair of demin jeans, not really caring if it looked good or not. 

Rushing to the bathroom, he washed his face and brushed his teeth, taking extra time and care to put lotion on his face. He exited the bathroom feeling fresh and excited. 

 

8:18am. 

 

Jungkook smiled to himself as he combed his hair, taking his time when he sees Taehyung still sleeping. He goes to charge his phone before he starts to make plans for the day. 

Yeah, he's glad that his only class today was in the evening. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's 8:40am by the time Taehyung finally stirs. Jungkook turned away from his desk, looking mighty pleased and greets Taehyung cheerfully. 

"Morning, Taehyung!" he chirps

 

Rubbing his eyes, he looks at Jungkook with one eye open in the midst of yawning. Suppressing a laugh at the cutest sight he's seen from the other, Jungkook moves to get up from his desk with a folded piece of paper clutched in his hand. 

Just then, Taehyung's phone starts to ring as he swings his legs over the bed frame. 

 

What timing.

Jungkook thinks, watching as Taehyung moved to grab his phone. 

 

Still not full awake, Taehyung grasps for his phone and answers the call with a sleep-laden voice. 

 

"Helloo.." he slurs, letting out another yawn. 

Jungkook watches suspiciously. 

 

If that is Hoseok hyung I'm going to-

Jungkook didn't get to finish his thought as he hears the voice clearly through Taehyung's phone, confirming his suspicions on who was on the other line.

 

"Hi, Strawberry!" 

 

Jungkook clamps his teeth together in annoyance. It's his friend trying to take Taehyung out again. 

"Oh, Hobi hyung." Taehyung answers. 

Jungkook's brows knit together in confusion. 

 

Hobi hyung? Wtf. 

 

Hoseok starts to speak on the other line, but Jungkook moves his feet forward and he grabs Taehyung's free hand. 

"Hey, want to go to the-" Hoseok doesn't get to finish as Jungkook purposefully talks loudly, overriding the other's voice. 

"Taehyung, I wanted to take you out shopping today. Get ready quickly before the shops get crowded." Jungkook says, but pauses. 

 

I basically told Hoseok where we're going to go. 

 

There was only one mall around their school and it was pretty big. It was the same shopping mall that the two boys went to when Taehyung was still relatively new to the place. 

 

Jungkook successfully takes Taehyung's attention. Taehyung looks up at him and stutters, noting how Jungkook's hand was clasped over his own. 

"O-oh. Uhm, okay. I have nothing on until late afternoon." he mumbles

Jungkook flashes a smile and leans over steathily as Taehyung lowers the phone at his ear. He quickly presses the 'End call' button while he maintains short eye contact with Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung is dazed by what happened when he just woke up. He simply looks at his phone and shrugs. 

He'll call me back later, probably. 

 

"Go get ready, quickly! We're taking the train to the other side of the city." Jungkook informs and pulls Taehyung to the bathroom, changing his original plan. 

He moved to step over the controllers hooked to the console and clothes are thrown at him from an energetic Jungkook, who had picked out his clothes when he had been asleep. 

The bathroom door closes and Jungkook can hear the water from the tap turn on a few seconds later when Taehyung's phone on the bed starts to ring. 

Jungkook smirks and he knows who calling. He strides across the room feeling mighty proud of himself, only to trip on one of the wires as he's too caught up with the thought that he has Taehyung for practically the whole day. 

"Ah, shi-" he stumbles. 

Before Taehyung's phone stopped ringing, Jungkook dragged himself over quickly, having to lose the confident stride no one actually saw. 

 

"Yehello." he answers, smiling. 

There's a pause as the other registeres Jungkook's weird greeting. 

"Jungkook? Is that you? Where's Taehy-" 

"Sorry, Hoseok hyung, I've got Taehyung booked for today." Jungkook says and quickly adds, "-and tomorrow." 

He could almost see his friend frowning on the other side of the line. 

"We're leaving soon, so bye~" he sings into the phone before Hoseok could protest. Before he hangs up he says, "I'll be sending over your jacket later today when Taehyung has a class." 

When he ends the call, Jungkook places the phone onto the bedside table and waits. 

 

Jungkook counts his money in his wallet. 

 

 

Should be okay for today, considering we're going to the other side of the city.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Jungkook and Taehyung leave their dorm room at 9:10am and Jungkook stops himself from skipping across the corridor to get to the elevator. 

"So where are we going to go?" Taehyung questions, pulling at the plain blue jacket Jungkook picked out for him. 

"The other side of the city. There's going to be lots of things you haven't seen before and so I'm taking you there in my free time." Jungkook says. Though he not really free, as he thinks about the assignment he's meant to be completing. 

But Jungkook shrugs it off and reminds himself that he has another few days and he can afford to take Taehyung out to experience the city life away from the school building. 

 

Taehyung nods his head and they both enter the elevator. Jungkook jumps in and turns around with a bright smile which has Taehyung questioning if today was an exceptionally good day for him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

The two males leave the train station and the busy street gets Jungkook smiling even wider. 

He sees multiple street stores and branded shops and starts to pull Taehyung into a graphic t-shirt store. 

 

Hoseok wouldn't find us here. He probably thinks we're going shopping at the mall twenty minutes from the school.

Jungkook thinks. 

That was his original plan, but upon realising that he practically just told his plans to the other, decided to bring him here. Which was a way better choice, if he has anything to say about it. 

 

Taehyung looks around in awe as Jungkook pulls him into the store. He immediately enters and willingly searches around the shop, pulling out a black shirt with large, white lettering. 

Jungkook strolls around, though he's been there many times with his other friends. His yellow outfit contrasted the black design of the shop and when Taehyung looked up at him, he almost laughed. 

 

"Aren't you a ray of sunshine." he comments. 

Jungkook simply laughs with him, pulling out a black and white snapback with a hint of red outlining the design on the front. 

 

 

 

 

The two leave the shop with bags in their hands. Taehyung bought a thirty dollar t-shirt and Jungkook purchased a fifteen-dollar snapback he was fiddling around with at the store. 

Taehyung's mood brightens as he sees the crowded area as he walks around to different stores and shops with Jungkook. The brown haired boy's cheerfulness may or may not be rubbing off on him. 

Jungkook leads the way around the busy city as Taehyung never ventured in this area before and he follows Jungkook obediently like a puppy, not wanting to get lost. 

 

"Taehyung, over here!" Jungkook calls as he pulls on Taehyung's hand, bringing them both in front of a street stall. 

"What's this?" Taehyung questions as he looks at the short queue ahead of them. 

"Red bean buns." Jungkook said, fishing out some loose change. "You've got to try one." 

 

Taehyung moves to grab some cash out of his own wallet but Jungkook stops him. 

"I'll treat you." he smiles as they move forward, waiting to be served. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook doesn't know how long it's been that he had this much fun. All the thoughts from his head left him, only leaving the thought that he was with Taehyung in the the city. 

He laughed and joked and shopped with the pink-haired boy. Jungkook and Taehyung stopped at a shoe shop and Taehyung picked up a pair of black and pink shoes. 

Yes, they were in the men's section and they did fit quite well.

Jungkook proceeded to buy a pair of white and royal purple shoes for himself. He checked the amount of money in his wallet, pleased with the amount of money he had saved beforehand. 

After paying the sixty-dollars for his new pairs of shoes, Jungkook waited for Taehyung to buy his own pair costing fifty-dollars. 

 

"How much you got left?" Jungkook asked, as the two exited the shop. 

"I've got at least two hundred left." Taehyung said, "I know how to save, you know." he adds and they both laugh.

Jungkook figures he got about the same amount and they two head off to nowhere in particular. 

 

When Jungkook glances at the boy next to him, he smiles wide and he throws the bag containing his snapback at Taehyung's face.

"Ah! What the fu-HEY!" Taehyung swats at the bag. 

Jungkook laughs and bounds off. 

 

"Come on! Let's go check out more shops before we have to head back!" 

"Come back here, Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung yells in his deep voice, turning into a laugh as the two boys race past people in the crowded street.

Taehyung stumbles on a pram and the baby inside starts crying. 

 

Oh ! 

He thinks as he comes to a halt. 

 

"Jungkook! Wait!" he calls and Jungkook turns back to him, only to see an awkwardly standing Taehyung, trying his best to soothe the child inside the pram. 

He walks closer, stopping about two metres away as he watches the scene in amusement. 

 

The mother pulls the pram away with a frown and picks up the crying child. She shoots an annoyed glance at Taehyung before walking off, huffing as she goes the other way. 

Taehyung watches as she goes and turns to Jungkook, making eye contact and they both burst out laughing. Taehyung covers his face with a hand as he laughs and Jungkook doubles over, bending over and laughing together with Taehyung in front of him. 

Gaining weird stares, Jungkook moves closer to the boy and takes his arm, pulling him onto the sidewalk. Jungkook feels his heart thump louder and faster and he feels like floating when everything goes in slow motion as he watches Taehyung smiling his signature rectangular smile. 

They both calm down, a few chuckles escaping for the next few minutes. 

 

 

The two boys pass a hairdresser as Jungkook stops to look inside. 

The interior was fancy with black and white furniture, giving off a classy feel with the white tiled flooring. 

"Want a makeover, Jungkook?" Taehyung says, nudging Jungkook's shoulder. 

He looks over to Taehyung, noting his strawberry-pink hair and remembering the nickname given to him by Hoseok. 

Jungkook takes a hold of Taehyung's chin, moving his face from side-to-side and narrowing his eyes playfully in mock concentration as he eyes the other's hair. 

 

"I think you need a makeover." 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook pulls Taehyung into the hairdresser, not taking note of the time as they both sit down on the leather chairs. 

"I want to dye my hair again, Jungkook." Taehyung states, taking hold of a magazine and flicking through it. 

"Go ahead. The pink hair has stayed for long enough." Jungkook replies, thinking about hearing Hoseok say 'Strawberry' to his roommate. 

 

The nickname stayed for long enough, as well. 

Jungkook thinks. 

 

"How about honey-blonde?" Taehyung suggests. 

Jungkook looks over. "That's pretty good, but how about this orange?" He points to a striking orange colour on the magazine Taehyung was holding. 

Taehyung seems to reconsider his choices. 

"I don't know..." he mutters. 

Jungkook looks at the colours on the page and brings his gaze to Taehyung's hair. 

"Just try the orange one. It'll look good." he says. "You can always dye it honey-blonde another time." 

Taehyung just nods. "Okay then. If I look ugly then you're paying for this." he points a finger at him and lets out a chuckle.

Jungkook just laughs, "That's fine with me." 

Though Jungkook really doubts Taehyung can look ugly, no matter what he wears or what his hair colour may be. 

 

 

 

They've been in the hairdresser for about thirty-minutes now. Taehyung sitting in front of a mirror as the hairdresser puts foil in his hair to dye it orange. 

Jungkook stands behind him, smiling cheekily as he takes photos of Taehyung in the chair with foil in his hair. 

Taehyung waves a hand behind him uselessly, "Stop it, Jungkook!" he scrunches up his nose cutely. 

Jungkook simply smiles as he takes another picture and switches to front camera. He turns around and takes a selca, making sure to have Taehyung's face showing in the mirror. 

Taehyung pulls a face and Jungkook snaps a photo. He laughs upon inspecting the picture. 

 

When Jungkook puts his phone down to watch the hairdresser work on Taehyung's hair, Taehyung spoke to him. 

"Jungkook, don't you want a new hairstyle?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook finds himself in the other chair next to Taehyung with a shorter hairstyle and pieces of foil in his hair as well, earning a laugh from Taehyung sitting beside him. 

"Oh, shut up." he grumbles but ends up laughing lightly. 

They both sit there for another forty-minutes, neither of them minding the time. 

It was only when Taehyung looked at his phone for the first time that whole day that he sees the time. He smiles amusedly though, flashing his phone screen towards Jungkook. 

"It's 3:56pm. My class starts at 4:10pm." he states casually. 

Jungkook widens his eyes. "You're going to be very late even if we leave now." 

Taehyung shrugs, "It's fine." then he flashes a smile, "I'll skip for today. Let's stay here for the whole day!" 

He turns excited as he thinks about what else to do in the city and Jungkook just stares. 

 

His own evening class starts at 5:45pm. 

But if Taehyung wanted to stay for the whole day, Jungkook has no problems skipping his evening class either. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

Hello

Another update for you guys

I felt too bothered by the amount of vhope I put in the other chapter so I wanted to write one about vkook :D because vkook is the closest to real

What should Jungkook's new hair colour be? Red or black? 

Comment the colour you want and I'll put it in

I want opinions because I like both! haha I even had to compare a blonde haired Taehyung to an orange haired one and I must say I honestly love his orange hair

Next chapter will be mostly vkook again because even if this chapter wasn't funny I had fun writing it

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye