Not Just a Best Friend, but also a Brother

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

This is boring I'm so sorry, but I really hope you like it anyway, though it has absolutely nothing funny. Though I tried to add some. T_T

Lots of Jungkook and Hoseok but this is necessary!

Next chapter will be better, okay?

Enjoy

 

----------

 

 

"Jungkook!" 

 

Someone yells Jungkook's name as soon as he exits a medical tent, weary. 

He looks up to find Hoseok's worried gaze as his best friend runs up to him. 

 

"Hi, Hoseok.." Jungkook says, tired. His eyes are half-lidded and Hoseok catches him when he starts swaying. 

"In the tent Taehy-" Jungkook starts to inform the other of Taehyung's whereabouts, which is just in the tent behind him. 

Hoseok doesn't ask about Taehyung though, and he cuts the other off in a tight, protective hug. 

 

"Jungkook, oh my gosh I was so worried about you and Taehyung! Are you hurt? You got back a while ago, didn't you?" he says. 

Jungkook meets Hoseok's eyes and he nods, thankful for his friend's concern. 

 

The other boys have gotten back from the game in the woods and by this time, everyone has been informed by what happened and no one really thinks about the supposed prize of the game anymore. 

 

"Taehyung's in the medical tent over there." Jungkook drops his head and waves behind him as he starts to sway, trying to move around to get to his tent. 

"He's being taken care of, isn't he? I can see him later since they're treating him now. I'm worried about you at the moment. Are you feeling okay?" Hoseok cups his friend's face as examines him, turning his face this way and that gently. 

"I'm fine, hyung. Thanks.." Jungkook mutters and Hoseok lets go of his face when he sees there aren't any scratches. 

"Good, now let me take you to your tent before you pass out of exhaustion here." Hoseok takes Jungkook's shoulders and steers him to his tent, casting a look behind him where Taehyung is at with worry etched into his face. 

 

He'll visit Taehyung later when he's sure Jungkook is safe and sound resting in his tent. 

 

Jungkook allows the older to take him to the tent. He's always been grateful to have Hoseok always looking after him, even before Taehyung's arrival. 

Hoseok would always bring him cooked food, take him out and treat him, surprise him on his birthday and even kept on good terms with his parents. He's a nice, kind bundle of happiness. 

 

Jungkook couldn't be more thankful to have the other by his side, they were always close together and was even questioned if they were dating before. But the two would just laugh as they only loved each other in a brotherly way.

But lately he's always by Taehyung and he remembers the bitter rejection when he was not called. 

He then thinks of the possibility of Hoseok loving Taehyung as well, and thinking about that makes Jungkook a bit more awake. He pushes the thought aside though, and leans into Hoseok as he feels himself get lightheaded. 

 

He's exhausted, he's had to keep Taehyung safe until help arrived and he's had to help carry the unconscious boy uphill over fifty metres. The others who were there also helped, and they too were tired and has left to clean off any blood they got on their clothes and gone immediately to their tents to rest. 

 

 

"Jungkook, you okay?" 

Jungkook hums and closes his eyes, still standing and Hoseok makes sure the other doesn't suddenly pass out. Judging by the way Jungkook's leaning on his chest and his legs look like their going to fall asleep, Hoseok picks him up and carries him the rest of the way.

He lays the tired boy on the sleeping bag and takes note of the bloody shirt he's got on. 

That makes Hoseok more worried, as he knows it's Taehyung's and as soon as he sees Jungkook is comfortable, he leaves the tent and heads straight for the medical one. 

 

Opening the tent flap, Hoseok enters with a worried face. 

"Is Taehyung here?" he asks one of the medics and she directs him to a makeshift bed in the corner. 

Hoseok sits by Taehyung's side. His eyes are closed and his face has white plasters and bandages. One of Taehyung's arm is bandaged tightly, and even then there is the dull red of blood visible. He doesn't have a shirt on, and around his body there's bandages to heal the wounds on his back. 

 

He really took quite a fall. The camping site for this year wasn't really safe. There's a heap of rocks and sharp branches and there's the unexpected slopes he spotted as well during the game in woods. 

Hoseok's informed that the wounds on the other were not as bad as it seemed, mild scratches and purple bruises and some larger scratches on his back. But nothing too extreme except the wound on his arm. 

 

Jungkook had told the medics how it happened and a nurse told Hoseok about his arm being entangled in a plant and pulled brutally as he fell. 

Hoseok brushes the bangs away from Taehyung's forehead, then he ruffles his hair lovingly before leaning down and pressing a small kiss on the top of his hair. 

 

 

Hoseok leaves the medical tent and heads for his own. The bonfire and barbeque they were meant to have that night was called off due to the incident and everyone had to resort to eating canned food and heated drinks for dinner over the portable stove. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Jungkook wakes up from his nap a few hours later, and by then it's already six, stars starting to shine in the velvety night sky. 

 

Stars.. Taehyung.. TAEHYUNG!

 

Jungkook's eyes widen and he shoots up from his sleeping bag. 

The blood on his shirt is now dried and crusted on his skin and he grimaces as he pulls the material away from his body. 

Changing quickly, he exits his tent and runs over to the white medical one instead. 

 

As soon as he enters, he sees Taehyung sitting upright reading a book one of the nurses lent him with Hoseok by his side, playing with locks of Taehyung's hair and watching as he read silently. 

Jungkook, now aware of his love for the other, felt his jealousy flare. 

 

He stalked over to the two of them and stopped in front of the pair. 

Hoseok looks up to see him and Taehyung raises his gaze from the book, resting it on the covers. 

 

"Jungkook!" Taehyung says, smiling weakly. 

Hoseok gives him a small wave and a gentle smile and pats the seat next to him. 

Jungkook doesn't know how he should react, so he simply sat down and eyed Taehyung. 

 

"Are you okay now?" he asks. 

Taehyung nods at him and says, "Thank you for helping me. I thought I was going to die." 

"Don't over exaggerate." Hoseok laughs. 

"I'm not!" Taehyung refutes, though there's a smile coming onto his face. 

 

Jungkook grinds his teeth as he watches the scene with jealousy. 

 

I should be the one to touch his hair. I should be the one to have been here a little sooner. should be the one he's leaning on- What!

 

Jungkook's eyes widen, feeling his jealousy get out of hand and he sees red. 

Taehyung is now back to resting, book laid in his lap and head resting on Hoseok's chest next to him. Hoseok's chin is resting ontop of Taehyung's hair and he hums a soft tune relaxing the other.

Jungkook remembers Hoseok doing that to him when he was younger, and suddenly he feels jealous of Taehyung because he's the one who Hoseok's only meant to do that to, but he's also the one to do that to Taehyung. 

 

Who am I jealous of now?!

 

Taehyung's soft breathing fills the air and Jungkook wants to strangle himself by not being there first. 

 

I just had to sleep and wake up at his hour.

Jungkook thinks, brows furrowed and fingers twitching. Whether to strangle himself or Hoseok he's not too sure. Maybe both. 

 

"Want a lolly, boy?" a kind nurse offers, holding out a candy jar filled with colourful jellies. 

The sweet treat is contrasting rather greatly with his bitter mood and he's about to reject the offer, he changes his mind though, and takes one out and puts it into his mouth. 

"Thanks." he mumbles, turning away. 

 

Jungkook narrows his eyes and he can't just shove the other off and take Taehyung for himself. Not when the other is resting and recovering. Instead, he huffs rather loudly, on purpose, and stands up. Hoseok looks up to him and Jungkook has an angry face on as he turns away, leaving the tent with a frown and fisted hands. 

 

Hoseok, a bit worried, slowly removes the other's head from his shoulder and lays it down. Taehyung is already sleeping and he takes the book and places it beside the other before leaving to go after Jungkook. 

He follows him out of the tent and he sees Jungkook stomping his way to the stream. 

 

Jungkook pushes past Jimin with a 'Don't touch me right now' face and he walks right up to the tall rock by the stream and leans on it, arms crossed and facing the stream. 

He's not bothered to climb the rock and he glares in front of him. 

 

"Jungkook?" Hoseok calls out, softly. 

"What." he spat. 

Hoseok frowns and touches his shoulder, "What's wrong, hun?" he says soothingly. 

 

Jungkook feels nostalgic as he remembers the time when Hoseok would always come to comfort him when he got upset with either his friends or anything in general. Hoseok knows how to deal with an upset Jungkook as he was one to get upset quite easily, and being the younger's best friend, he knows what to do. 

But not this time as Jungkook swallows and flings his arm off him. 

 

"Don't touch me." he says flatly, glaring for one second and turning his gaze back to the water. 

Hoseok blinks, hurt, and grabs onto the other's shoulder again a bit harder this time. He turns the other to face him and stares right in his eyes. 

 

"Jungkook, don't you dare do that to me." he says, firm, though he's asking for an answer in his eyes. 

Jungkook softens his gaze and he limply leans back on the rock, expression hurt. 

"I'm sorry, hyung.. I-I just-" he brings a hand up to his hair. 

 

The newly recognised feelings and the events of the day as well as the scene he just saw, it all became overwhelming for the younger boy and he's at a loss at what to do at the moment. 

 

 

He loves Taehyung. 

He also cares for Hoseok. But he has a feeling he loves him too. 

He doesn't want to lose his best friend, who's become like his brother. 

He doesn't want to see either of them hurt. 

He doesn't want to be the one to hurt from heartbreak either. 

 

 

Usually at times like this, he would find Hoseok. But not in this situation when they're in some unsaid love triangle. 

 

Hoseok looks to the water running past the rocks in the stream and he takes Jungkook's hand, pulling him towards the sand. 

They both sit down and Hoseok pulls Jungkook onto his shoulder. Jungkook is too tired to move and he's quite comfortable, so he just leans his head between the crook of the other's shoulder and sighs. 

 

"Talk to me, Jungkook." 

When the other doesn't speak, Hoseok tries again. 

"Did I do something wrong?" 

Jungkook shakes his head. 

"Then what?" he prods gently. 

 

Jungkook feels the sincere concern from the other's voice and suddenly he feels hopeful that the other really has not just forgotton about him. 

When he doesn't speak, Hoseok does instead. 

 

"I'm sorry..." Hoseok starts, and Jungkook listens, albeit not knowing why he was sorry. 

"Sorry for not calling you as often as I did before and I'm sorry we haven't been hanging out as much. It was my fault." he says. 

Jungkook nods, "Yeah, it was. How could you forget about me." 

"I didn't, hun." Hoseok says softly. 

"We had something between us before Taehyung came, you know.." Jungkook says, and suddenly all he wants is his friendship with the other again. To feel the comfort that there's always going to be someone there for him. 

"I know. We had a brotherhood going and you really mean a lot to me." Hoseok continues, slinging an arm around the other and squeezing his shoulders. 

 

Jungkook gets teary and he doesn't trust himself to speak, but he does anyway. 

"Remember when some kid stole my sandwich a few years ago?" Jungkook smiles. 

Hoseok laughs lightly, "Oh yeah, I remember. You started crying. I stole it back for you, didn't I?" 

 

Jungkook only nods. 

 

"Remember the time when you asked me out?" Hoseok grins. 

Jungkook starts to laugh, and pushes himself off the other and shoving his shoulder. "Hey! Never bring that up again!" 

"You were such a cute fifteen-year-old, 'Hyung, date me! I love you!', remember that?" Hoseok continues to tease and Jungkook shoves his shoulder again playfully. 

"Oh my gosh, stop that! Why do I have so many embarrasing moments." Jungkooks says. He plays along though saying, "You rejected me so harshly." 

Hoseok shakes his head, laughing. "It was not harsh." 

"I remember crying in my room for a day, you meanie!" Jungkook says. 

"Meanie? Really, what are you, five?" Hoseok teases. 

"Hyuung~" Jungkook whines and Hoseok just makes a face at him. 

 

The atmosphere quietens and the two fall silent. Hoseok starts speaking again, "Jungkook, is there anything else you want to talk about?" 

 

Jungkook thinks for awhile and Taehyung enters his mind. 

 

"Hyung.." he begins, his lips. 

Hoseok hums, waiting for him to continue. 

"I-I'm in love with Taehyung." Jungkook tells him. Hoseok freezes for a moment, then he turns to look at him. 

"You're, in love with Taehyung?" he asks again, slowly. 

Jungkook nods, and by looking at the other's face he can already tell the other does too. 

 

"You know, you're not the only one in love with him." Hoseok says. 

"I know. Because you are too." Jungkook tells him, "I'm going to fight for his heart." 

 

Hoseok stares for a little while at the determined face of Jungkook. Then, his gaze softens and he smiles. Soon he starts to laugh light-heartedly and he focuses his gaze on the water reflecting the stars. 

"What? You are, aren't you?" Jungkook asks, not so sure anymore. 

"Yeah, I'm in love with Taehyung too." Hoseok replies, nodding once. 

Jungkook doesn't know what to say from this point on, so Hoseok fills the silence, "Ever heard of the saying, recognise the ones you love and keep them to your heart before putting in the one you're in love with, and possibly replacing someone already there.?" 

Hoseok says a long quote, and Jungkook shakes his head. "I've never heard of that." 

"Of course, because I made it up." Hoseok grins. 

"Figures. It's not a very good quote." he teases. 

 

Hoseok gives a small smile and Jungkook gestures for him to continue. 

"In short, I've recognised you as one I love, and I have a feeling fighting to put the one I'm in love with in my heart will risk losing you." 

Jungkook's eyes widen as he realises what the other is saying, and he stays still as the other looks at him in the eye and says, "You don't have to fight me for him, because I'll give him to you." 

 

Jungkook doesn't know what to say, or feel. 

How can he just say that? Does he not love him enough that he can just say I could-

Jungkook stops that thought as he stares into Hoseok's eyes. Through them, he can see heartbreak, and he knows by saying those words, it hurts him. 

 

But he chose me. He let me have him. 

Jungkook feels a weight lift from his shoulders, but at the same time, another is put on him. 

"Hoseok.." 

"If you hurt him, you're not having this chance again, alright?" Hoseok tells him seriously. "He's one of a kind, really. He's special and like a breath of fresh air." 

"I won't hurt him." Jungkook says, and Hoseok nods. 

Satisfied with his answer, Hoseok pulls the other onto his shoulder again and they both sit under the stars. 

 

 

"No bad blood between us, okay?" Hoseok says. 

"Never." Jungkook replies. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you, hyung." 

"I'd do lots for you, because you're just like the younger brother I never had." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Love you, Hoseok hyung.." Jungkook says, closing his eyes. 

"Yeah, I know. Love you too." Hoseok answers, resting his head ontop of the other. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you'll be happy with him, Taehyung.. 

Hoseok thinks, feeling absolutely heartbroken but having no regrets of making way for Jungkook. 

 

 

Though it feels like I've given up trying to win your heart without even trying.

Hoseok closes his eyes and tears escape under his closed lids, but he still keeps a gentle smile on his face and he'd do anything to keep Jungkook from hurt. He'd never want to be the cause of the younger's pain. He'd always choose to be the cause for his happiness. 

After all, who was the one who stole a sandwich back for him, who was the one who always dried his tears, who was the one who always protected him? 

 

That's right, me. 

Hoseok smiles. 

 

Taehyung is special, but so is Jungkook. They're both special to him, and hopefully he'll see Taehyung as a brother too and not the one he's in love with. 

 

If Taehyung ends up with Jungkook and he's happy, then that works out just fine. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------

Hello

I hope you like the update

IT. WAS. BORING. - I'M SO SORRY

NO ONE CAN DISLIKE HOSEOK NOW LOOK HOW NICE HE IS

Not a funny chapter and sorry for how this chapter turned out. Next one will be better! Please look forward to that

Hooray for Jungkook and Hoseok, celebrate their great brotherly love!

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye