When I said 'I Love You'

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Taehyung pulls Jungkook deeper into the school garden and he keeps on running until the light from the barbeque slowly dims and fades behind them.

The running has made both boys out of breath and they only stop when Taehyung halts in the very middle of the large garden. It's the largest garden the school has, and they were lucky enough to have this garden to host their year group's barbeque. 

 

There's a fountain sitting in the middle and Taehyung pulls Jungkook towards it.

 

Sitting down, Jungkook looks over to Taehyung and he sees him smiling brightly. So bright that Jungkook thought he could compare it to the brightness of the moon that night.

The moon beamed down and illuminated Taehyung's pretty eyes and made his skin glow. Jungkook has this sudden urge to kiss his cheek and he clenched his fist until he could feel his nails digging into his skin. He was determined to not embarass himself and he averted his gaze when Taehyung turned to look at him.

 

Jungkook's eyes were wide and he swallowed nervously.

It was dark and the only light they got was from the moon, and no matter how bright it shone, it still didn't shine bright enough to ease Jungkook's nervousness of the shadows and dark shapes the trees and plants around the two of them formed.

 

"Scared?" Taehyung says.

"What? No, no, no! Pfft, nahh." Jungkook shakes his head rather quickly and tries to play it cool.

Taehyung just chuckles.

 

The air settles as they caught their breath back and the breeze of the night air feels cool on their skin.

In a swift movement, Taehyung swivels his body and brings his feet up to rest on the edge of the fountain. When his body is resting at the edge of the fountain, Taehyung leans down and rests his head on Jungkook's lap.

 

The latter stiffens immediately but Taehyung doesn't seem to notice as he just stares far above him at the glowing stars with a serene expression. Then he reaches out a hand to the stars and he speaks,

 

"Jungkook.."

Jungkook was hyperventilating inside but seeing the other's soft expression, he slowly relaxes.

He hums in reply.

 

"Ever wanted to to go the stars?"

"Huh?"

 

Jungkook looks down at Taehyung and he starts to think that he's gone high. 

"Stars, Jungkook." Taehyung says again, "Ever wanted to go the stars?"

 

What's this boy saying?

Jungkook thinks, looking up and following Taehyung's outstretched hand to the sky.

 

"Well, no." Jungkook answers, not really knowing what to say.

Taehyung sighs in reply to his answers, "Why not? Look, it's bright and glowing. It's shining so prettily."

 

There's something wrong with him now, does he need therapy?

Jungkook says in his head.

 

"Do you want to go to, uh, the stars?" he asks.

"Yeah. I want to see the world from above. From up there people can look up at admire because it's so pretty." Taehyung replies.

 

Jungkook really thinks Taehyung has eaten something at the barbeque and has become drunk.

"You know what, Jungkook? The stars remind me of you." Taehyung averts his gaze to Jungkook now, and from his position on his lap, he sees Jungkook's eyes shining and unconsciously his breath gets taken away.

Taehyung stares right into Jungkook's glistening brown orbs and can't help but be mesmerised. 

 

The stars remind him, of me?! He's calling me a star, wth! Oh wait, no no no, he's calling me pretty and bright and glowing- Oh my bejeez- Ha~ Ha~ Breathe. 

Jungkook goes crazy inside but once again tries to 'play it cool'

 

The older boy is speechless and Jungkook starts to look worried when they've held each other's eyes for almost ten seconds. 

Actually, no. Jungkook starts to feel self-conscious and he resists the urge to sweep his face incase there was something on it.

 

"Taehyung?" he calls out after a while.

Taehyung seems to blink out his daze and soon his face his heating up. Taehyung sits up abruptly, thankfully Jungkook moves his face out of the way before the other could headbutt his nose again.

He avoids Jungkook's gaze as he brings his feet off the edge of the fountain and sits properly. Jungkook can tell he looks embarassed and something flares up inside him.

 

He was looking at me, he was looking at me what else could he be looking at?

Jungkook thinks, hoping that somehow he charmed the other at least a little bit.

 

Hah! Pfft, work of art, yes that's right keep thinking that Taehyung. 

Jungkook celebrates inside his head. 

Let's start to this unplanned plan to make him fall in love with me.

Jungkook breathes in and out and prepares himself.

 

One look at Taehyung and-

 

Nope. 

Jungkook turns his head right back, staring at the ground infront of him as his heart rate accelerates.

 

"Jungkook?"

"Yes?!" Jungkook almost yells, startled by the sudden call.

 

Taehyung flinches and then laughs. Jungkook is just about to hit himself.

"I just wanted to ask, have you ever had a boyfriend?"

 

Jungkook blinks, straightening up. "Well, no I haven't."

Then he decides to tease and ignores the heat he can feel coming onto his cheeks. "Why? Don't tell me you'd be jealous if I did."

Taehyung snorts and shoves the other playfully.

 

"Oh please, I'm straight."

 

Jungkook's smirk drops to a blank stare.

 

You're NOT straight, oh my gosh!

Jungkook grows agitated and frustrated.

 

"Taehyung, you're not straight." Jungkook kicks the other's foot lightly.

"What? Yes I am.' he defends.

"Oh come on, admit it. You like guys." Jungkook presses on.

"Not in that way." Taehyung shakes his head.

"Yes, in that way." Jungkook reponds.

 

Jungkook clamps his teeth in annoyance. A habit that Taehyung has unknowingly picked up on from observing the other.

 

Not that he has been, like not at all. 

 

"Just say it, you're gay." Jungkook doesn't let it go.

"I'm STRAIGHT."

"You're just as straight as me." Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"What? You're not straight." Taehyung says. 

Jungkook turns to face him and flashes a grin. 

"Exactly." he says.

 

Taehyung sighs and says, "Okay, if you're so sure that I'm not straight, prove it to me."

Jungkook nods.

 

"You've thought about dating me at least once." Jungkook tells him, coming up with statements to convince the other, knowing that he always told the truth.

Mostly, anyway. 

 

"No, I haven't" he replies.

Jungkook looks at him surprised, "Really? Not even once?"

 

Wait, of course if he thinks he's straight he's not gonna say yes.

Jungkook thinks.

 

Taehyung rolls his eyes, "Jungkook, you're aware that this is not convincing me, right?"

"I'm getting there, just wait." Jungkook tells him.

 

"But no really, you've considered me as, not to brag but, one of the better looking guys around." Jungkook says, flicking his hand in the air and boosting his own self-confidence.

Taehyung laughs at this but there's a brief pause after Jungkook's reply and Taehyung huffs, looking the other way.

"Fine, I'll give you that."

 

Jungkook grins.

"You'd at least wondered what it was like to kiss a guy."

 

Taehyung's eyes widened and he turns around to hit the other's shoulder.

"What are you saying?"

 

Jungkook laughs as Taehyung hits him and he covers his chest with his arms, "Don't hit me!"

When Taehyung doesn't answer, Jungkook says, "You have, haven't you?"

The other's face reddens slightly and even in the dark of the night, there's enough light for Jungkook to see the pink tints decorating Taehyung's face beautifully.

 

"That doesn't prove anything." he mutters.

 

Jungkook laughs again because it really does prove a lot.

"Yes, it does."

"And what does it prove?" Taehyung replies, arms crossed and lips pouting.

 

"That you're, uh, not straight?" Jungkook says.

Taehyung shakes his head and Jungkook gets slightly impatient, This is getting annoying. 

"Oh come on! You're at least bi." he says.

"Bi?" Taehyung repeats.

"Yeah, biual." Jungkook says again.

"I know what it means! What I'm saying is, I'm not going to date girls ever. They're scary. So, I'm not bi." Taehyung scrunches his nose.

 

Jungkook grins.

Taehyung sees this and he immediately goes into defensive mode, "I'm not saying I'm going to date guys either!"

"Yeah, Taehyung." Jungkook nods, crossing his arms and smirking, obviously not convinced.

"Jungkook~!" Taehyung whines, "Why don't you believe me?"

 

Jungkook rolls his eyes, again.

"If you saw what I saw you wouldn't believe you either."

"You're not proving to me I'm gay, so, I'm straight." Taehyung says with a sense of finality but Jungkook isn't about to lose.

 

Taehyung moves to get off the fountain, but Jungkook grabs his wrist and pulls him back down. He tugs the other towards him and by then Jungkook doesn't know what he's doing anymore when he presses his lips right on the other's.

 

Jungkook just goes with it, cutting off all thoughts as he turns his head to the side, lips still attached to Taehyung's.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung is goes still when he feels Jungkook's own lips on his.

His heart starts to accelerate and he would've started hyperventilating if his lips weren't sealed. When Jungkook starts to move his lips against his slowly, Taehyung's heart is just about to burst out of his chest.

His head starts to spin and Taehyung tries pulling back, but when he does, Jungkook just moves forward.

 

Eventually, Taehyung loses himself and he closes his own eyes to return the kiss.

This is when Jungkook processes the full weight of what was happening.

 

I'm kissing freakin' Kim Taehyung.

Jungkook thinks. But feeling the other kiss him back, almost nervously, Jungkook isn't about to move away.

 

Their kiss lasted for ten seconds and when Jungkook pulls away, he realises he's almost leaning over the other when Taehyung had tried to pull back.

Jungkook stares at Taehyung through haf-lidded eyes and he sees Taehyung's eyes suddenly go wide. Jungkook blinks and leans back, moving to his own space again and he observes the other.

Taehyung's eyes are shaking and his breath becomes shallow and irregular.

 

Well, Jungkook's not sure if that was the reaction he was expecting.

 

"Taehyung?" Jungkook calls out softly, realising that he was still holding's the other's wrist.

He lets go and takes his hand, but Taehyung jerks his hand back and Jungkook can't help the pang of heartache that he suddenly felt.

 

What's going on? Why is he acting like this, he returned the kiss! Ah ma gawsh! 

Jungkook thinks, trying to figure out the reason for the other's reaction.

 

Taehyung looks up to him with wide, almost scared eyes. Jungkook doesn't know what to make of this.

 

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Jungkook asks worriedly.

Taehyung stops listening and he just looks at Jungkook, processing what happened.

 

Something clicks in him and he emits a small gasp, eyes widening even further until all Jungkook could focus on for a second was his adorable orbs. 

Jungkook snaps out of it pretty quick though, and he tries reaching out for him again.

 

"Taehyung, talk to me. What's wrong?"

Taehyung shakes his head mutely and stands up, holding his hands to his chest.

 

"I'm so sorry." he whispers before running off in the direction of the barbeque, intending to get back to his dorm room as quickly as possible so he can have time to think over a piece of newfound knowledge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I-I think I like you, Jungkook. Oh my gosh, I think I'm gay.

Taehyung thinks as he runs through the plants and back to the barbeque that was still running, leaving Jungkook sitting by the fountain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 Jungkook pushes the door to the dorm room open and steps in cautiously. It had been roughly half an hour since Taehyung ran away from the fountain and left him sitting alone. 

His parents and Seuk Hye had already entered one of the vacant rooms in Bangtan and he supposed that Taehyung's parents had too. 

 

When he stepped in, the window was open and the moonlight filtered in. He spotted Taehyung sitting by it with his chin propped on his palm. 

Jungkook wasn't sure if the other had heard the door open and that Jungkook was standing a few metres away. 

 

"Taehyung are you okay?" Jungkook says softly. 

Taehyung spun around, startled. 

"Oh, Jungkook.. Yeah I'm okay." He says simply before turning his gaze back outside the window. It seems to Jungkook that the other was avoiding his gaze. 

 

Jungkook watches him for a while, then asks the question lingering on his mind. 

"Why'd you run away?" Jungkook asks, his voice a bit louder and determined to get an answer. 

Taehyung blinked his eyes a couple of times, gaze dropping down to the garden below. 

"I.. well, I was just surprised." he said. 

"I'm not buying it." Jungkook was quick to reply. 

 

He was getting tired of all this and contrasting to his claim of being straight, kissing him didn't prove his point. When he kept on saying he was straight, it was cute to Jungkook initially but now he needed the other to realise otherwise. 

 

Taehyungg~ You're really annoying me right now. 

Jungkook whines in his head, resisting the urge to stomp his feet on the ground childishly. 

 

"Taehyung, you don't just kiss someone and run away." 

Taehyung turns to look at him, frowning as if he was wrongly accused. 

"You were the one who kissed me. Don't tell me you forgot." Taehyung answers back to him. 

"You kissed me too!" Jungkook exclaimed. Then added, "Don't tell me you forgot." 

 

Taehyung snarls, pulling his lips back suddenly and he snaps his head to look outside the window again, to look at anything besides Jungkook's almost angry, but not angry, expression. 

 

That was unexpected. 

 

"Why are you so adamant on proving to me that I'm gay? Why do you care? What's it to you?!" Taehyung spins back around and his words catch Jungkook off-guard. 

"Ever since I came here I told you I wasn't supposed to be here-" Taehyung gets cut off when Jungkook's expression turns fierce. 

He steps closer to Taehyung and glares. 

 

The younger didn't think he'd ever get into a fight with the other, and especially not about this. Arguing over the elder's uality didn't seem to be something to bring about an argument. This is getting ridiculous and anyone who heard would've questioned them. 

 

"Why I care? How could you.. how can you say that to me? Is it because you think that it's your problem? Well, it is but- whatever! That isn't the point!" 

"You kissed me first, Jungkook. Now what am I supposed to think?!" Taehyung yells, unsure if he should tell Jungkook that he liked him. Unsure to just admit that he was, most probably gay. 

 

Am I gay? Am I really? Just liking a boy doesn't mean I'm- wait, does it? 

The thought runs through Taehyung's head quicky. 

 

"Maybe you should try thinking why I did." Jungkook says. 

Taehyung stops to stare at the other's face. By now he's no longer sitting by the windowsill and was now face-to-face with the other. 

 

Why he kissed me? Wait, why did he kiss me? 

Taehyung blinks, and he thinks while looking at the other almost still. 

 

Annoyed by the reaction, Jungkook wants to punch his pillow. It's just on his bed, to his left-

 

Jungkook grits his teeth. 

"I love you, Kim Taehyung!" He yells, "Have you not figured it out yet?!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, .

Taehyung thinks. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait, WHAT?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

Hello

I hope you liked the chapter

Thank you for 300+ subscribers! 

Sorry for a late update. Was working on it for three days here and there

Just a bit busy and I know this is the worst bit to end a chapter and it's a short one too

I just wrote about them fighting, oh wow. As I'm writing I'm just thinking that this is almost crazy what they're fighting about

I hope you liked it though and I hope to write up a better chapter for 300+ subscribers! Thank you again

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye