New Interests and Newfound Love

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Jungkook enters the room that afternoon after going out for just a quick half-hour trip to buy some new cosmetics that were on sale today while Taehyung took his nap. The cashier had questioned if he was buying a full bag for his girlfriend and commented that she was a lucky girl. But pfft, no. Jungkook simply smiled while casually mentioning that the bag full of lotion, moisturiser, eyeliner, concealer and whatever else, was for him and him only. Okay, and maybe some for Taehyung.  

Jungkook walks in after taking off his shoes only to see, or not see, his new boyfriend in sight. 

He looks around and blinks, but then a sudden noise catches his attention. There is a crash in the bathroom of a bottle or something or rather and Jungkook drops his bag on the side of his desk while running to the closed door. 

"Ah, - AHH~!" 

"What the ?" Jungkook mutters, opening the door to the bathroom carefully. 

There he sees Taehyung who was in the midst of getting ready for their date in a little bit of a mess. 

 

Jungkook's eyes grow amused, but he keeps a straight face. 

"Taehyung, what are you doing?" he says calmly. 

 

Taehyung is in front of the sink with an opened bottle of facial freshener in his hand, though with the contents spilled over his hands and into the sink. 

"Uhm, hi Jungkook." he smiles nervously. 

Jungkook raises an eyebrow as he inspects the bottle from a distance. 

"Is that... mine?" he looks straight at the other, giving the impression that Taehyung was soon to be dead. 

"Well, yes." Taehyung avoids Jungkook's gaze and drops the practically empty bottle in the sink and turns on the tap. 

 

"What have you got to say for yourself?" Jungkook feels like a parent reprimanding a child. 

"Sorry.." the other mumbles. 

 

Then Jungkook breaks out into little fits of laughter as he enjoys the other's rather adorable face expression. 

"I'm just kidding! It's nothing to worry about, I bought a new one just then. Didn't think I'd be needing to use it already, though." Jungkook walks forward as the other is washing his hands. 

"Sorry, Kookie." Taehyung says again and Jungkook simply walks behind him and wraps his arms around his waist. 

"I said it's fine. But rather, make sure you wear something nice in case we see people I know." 

Taehyung looks back over his shoulder to Jungkook, "Someone you know? What about people I know? I need to look good still, right?" 

Jungkook grins, "But if you look good then I can show off that I have a perfectly fashion-functionable boyfriend." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Taehyung frowns, turning off the tap and flicking water on Jungkook's face. 

"Oi." Jungkook flinches as water hits his face, unlatching himself from Taehyung to dry the water droplets off his face. 

 

Taehyung laughs light-heartedly and proceeds to the room. He opens the closet again and has a look around to see if there's anything that he could piece together. 

Jungkook follows him and latches himself onto Taehyung again. 

"How about this one?" Taehyung walks one step closer to his closet again rather awkwardly with the other's arms wrapped around him. 

He pulls out some pieces of clothing and shoves them in Jungkook's face behind him. 

 

"What the heck?!" Jungkook sputters as some material enters the side of his mouth. 

"Eww..." Taehyung comments, smiling sneakily. 

"That was your fault, okay." Jungkook sticks his tongue out childishly before leaning over and kissing the cheek of Taehyung who instantly shuts up and turns away with pink cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Kiyoung?" Hoseok calls, tapping his feet impatiently on the ground. 

"Sorry! Got held up-" Kiyoung bounds over, books and papers close to his chest as he runs to the older. His hair is deshevelled as he stops short in front of Hoseok and almost drops his belongings. 

"Gee, took you awhile. I don't really care what happened but I'm hungry so let's go to the café now." Hoseok interrupts the other. 

He turns on his heels and starts away, giving Kiyoung barely enough time to catch his breath before he's scampering after the other. 

Hoseok glances back to see the new kid try to stuff his books and papers in his sling bag and jog to him at the same time. Unconsciously, a small grin appears on his face as he watches the other drop a piece of paper, crush another one in his bag and trip over a fallen book of his. 

Stopping in his tracks, Hoseok lets out a laugh. A genuine laugh that he hasn't enjoyed since the camping trip. 

"Oh gee, you really are a handful, aren't you?" he flashes a smile back at Kiyoung who immediately halts in his action of shoving a book in his bag, flushing bright red and bending down in a hurry to avoid Hoseok's gaze as he gives himself something to do. He picks up his other book and chances a sneak peek at the other. 

Who is still looking at him amused. 

He breaks eye contact quickly and he feels his ears, neck and cheeks grow hot. 

"How many books do you even have, Kiyoung?" Hoseok asks, striding forwards and taking hold of a textbook Kiyoung is having trouble stuffing into his bag. 

Kiyoung fumbles uselessly and coughs awkwardly when Hoseok retracts his hand. 

 

Kiyoung was fast developing an attraction for the said boy and he really wasn't sure if he'd hit the jackpot by scoring a date-not-date with the older in a café. 

Like come on, he'd only just met the guy an hour or so earlier. 

But his handsome features wouldn't give Kiyoung a break throughout his class and he hurriedly tried to leave, only to be held back due to collect some papers and books that were filled with the content from the previous lessons so that he could catch up. 

 

"Now, let's go." Hoseok said. 

He felt like a senior watching an obedient puppy. Laughing to himself a little, his mood seemed to brighten and as he glanced back to Kiyoung every now and then, he got glimpses of his features and put together a puppy like face that Hoseok found rather unique. 

 

Hoseok and Kiyoung informed the receptionist of their trip to the café out of school and after they got clearance to leave, the two walked side-by-side to their destination. 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Jungkook and Taehyung make their way to the hall where the receptionist was located in the front of the school. 

"Hello~ We're going out now so we'll be back later. My name is Jungkook." Jungkook says cheerily. 

"Kim Taehyung." the other pipes up and when their names are checked off, Jungkook takes Taehyung's hand and pulls on it excitedly out the front gates. 

 

"Slow down, don't run." Taehyung tugs back on Jungkook's hand while he fiddles with his phone with his other hand. "Kookie, let's take a picture." 

Taehyung holds the camera in front of Jungkook's face and he holds up their intertwined hands. "SMILE~!" Taehyung grins. 

Jungkook only laughs and he flashes his teeth as the picture is taken. 

"First date~ first date~!" Jungkook sings and he swings their hands. Taehyung laughs and it's his turn to wrap his arms around Jungkook as they walk. 

He plasters Jungkook's arms to his body as he sidehugs the other, swinging him forwards and backwards and they really looked like a couple in love. 

Jungkook grinned and pushes himself against Taehyung while walking messily together left and right. And when Taehyung releases him, Jungkook jumps ontop of him, almost making him topple over. 

 

"Carry me!" Jungkook says. 

"You have two perfectly working legs, Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung runs forwards and Jungkook grabs the back of his shirt. 

"No! I mean, yes, but still!" Jungkook makes another attempt on jumping on the elder's back and this time he succeeds. Though he makes the two of them almost fall down on the road when Taehyung almost loses his balance. 

"You're heavy, Jungkook!" Taehyung jokes, laughing as he staggers dangerously side-to-side while still continuing forward. 

"Don't drop me! Where are your muscles?" Jungkook wraps his arms tighter around his boyfriend's neck and Taehyung fake chokes. 

"I can't breathe, Jungkook. Are you trying to suffocate me?!" Taehyung screeches and then burst out laughing with the other. 

"Well, sorry! It's not my fault that you're physically incapable-" 

"Oi!" 

"Kidding! Oh -" 

Taehyung almost falls over again with Jungkook on his back when the other leans forward some more, making Taehyung stagger. 

 

The couple were being extremely loud when just walking to the café. But no one would interrupt the sweet, newfound love between them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------

Hello

I hope you enjoyed the update

It's been a very busy week and last weekend I had no time to update as well

Sorry for the short update though the café scene will be next chapter. Yes, I saw you guys wanted more to this story and the next chapter will be one of the last. But though I have no plans for next chapter, the next chapter won't be the last. I'll be wrapping things up in this story very soon

My next planned story I've already got an idea. It's slight angst and will contain some comedy as well

I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for the late and short update. Anticipate the next chapter soon

Leave a comment to let me know what you think! 

Bye