Pink Shirt

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

"Where is this?!" 

Taehyung screeched in a very unmanly way which didn't go unnoticed by both his parents sitting in front of him in their spacious car. 

"This is where you'll be for the rest of the year. And maybe the next. And the next." His father told him, smiling at him through the mirror.

"Why. Why. What exactly were you thinking when you decided this? Bangtan?" Taehyung questioned, refusing the leave the car situated right in front of the school. 

 

His mother just laughed heartily at his words. 

"You think we wouldn't pick it up. Bangtan is a great school for you. Especially with everyone just like you, you'd have no need to feel uncomfortable." 

 

Taehyung frowned and gritted his teeth.

"Mum, Bangtan is a school made for gay teenage boys. And plus, it's a boarding school." he explained to them as calmly as he could manage. 

His father raised a brow at him, turning around to face him from the driver's seat. 

"Yeah. That's why we decided on sending you here. It will be a great way for you to experience your discovered preference. Just so you know son, we'd be happy with whoever you choose to fall in love with, either girl or boy." 

 

His mother simply nodded and agreed with him

"No need for you to worry. You probably felt pressured and worried abot us finding out, but you didn't even need to tell us!" she giggled girlishly

Taehyung lost his patience and told them, 

"I'm not gay. I'm STRAIGHT. I don't swing that way." he said firmly with clenched fists.

He continued on while turning away from his parents, glaring at the large school in front of him. He cringed when he saw a couple making out beside the school gates. 

"I can't believe you packed all my stuff and just told me to get in the car with no real explanation. Now you're telling me you think I'm gay? What is this? If this is a joke you can stop right now. We can leave this school and go back home." Taehyung turned back to his parents, a frown still evident on his face which didn't plan to leave anytime soon. 

His parents both sighed before exiting the car. 

 

"Grab his bags. I'll grab him." was all his father said before the side door next to Taehyung was opened and he felt his arm being dragged forcefully.

"Wait- WHAT are you doing?!" Taehyung struggled against his father's strong grip as he heard the boot to the car open, his mother dragging his luggage and a duffel bag with her. 

"Okay, let's go in." She said with a smile on her face, contrasting to Taehyung, now deeply scowling at what his parents were doing. 

 

 

Sure, he preferred looking at tumblr and instagram pictures of clouds and sunsets rather than watching the sports channel. 

Sure, he preferred all male celebrities over any, any female singer.

Sure, he preferred to spend his time fanboying like a fangirl over korean boy bands rather than looking at girl groups

Sure, he preferred looking at topless males in the changing room with abs rather than thinking of crushing on any girl with a big . 

And he may or may not have rejected females asking him to go out to the beach with a few friends during the summer. 

That did not mean he was gay. Really, it didn't. So what does his parents think they're doing, dragging him to the school Bangtan that was made for gay teenage boys. Which was definitely not him. 

 

Having had no prior knowledge that his parents were sending him off to a boarding school for the rest of the school year, Bangtan at that, he was furious he only found out half way through the car ride. 

 

Taehyung was dragged into the school building, passing the couple that was kissing like no tomorrow. His mother turned to observe his reaction and he glared at her before huffing and turning his head away, his father's arm still tightly bound around his arm. 

Arriving at the front desk, his father let him go and his mother went to talk to the receptionist. His father took his place right behind him so there was no escape if he tried to run. 

It wasn't like he could anyway, the drive here was long and he had no intention of running away back home or walking. He didn't even know the way back home from here even if he was given the option of public transport. 

 

"I'm Kim Da Hae. I registered my son here about two weeks ago. His name is Kim Taehyung." His mother spoke smoothly and the receptionist nodded at her politely before looking back at a still scowling Taehyung. He turned to glare at her and she looked taken aback. 

His mother spoke again.

"Don't worry about him. He's just in a sour mood. He still insists he's not gay. We as his parents can just see it. Even if he's not right now, he'll become gay down the line. We wanted him to get settled quickly so he doesn't have difficulties accepting his preferences later on-" she rambled on and Taehyung snapped at them both

"I'm not gay. Why won't you get that? What makes you think I'm going to become-" he didn't get to finish as his father cracked him around the head

"Oh be quiet. You'll see that we made the right decision to send you here." he flashed a smile at the receptionist who only laughed and smiled, earning a glare from Taehyung. 

 

She nodded while laughing softly

"Yes, yes, we've seen boys like him too. He wouldn't feel uncomfortable here. We'll make sure of that. Now, we've assigned you a roommate. His name is Jeon Jungkook and he's the same age as you." she nodded, printing out a few sheets of paperwork before handing them to his parents to sign. She passed over a silver key in his direction. 

"Your room number is engraved on the key. It's the third floor up. Jungkook has been here for a few years now, he will help you around the school. If you need anything you can simply come back here or ask Jungkook." she told him politely, smiling at him

Taehyung paused. There was no way he could change his parents decision now. But why not try one last time?

"I told you, I'm STRAIGHT." he faced both his parents

His parents simply shurgged, his mother saying,

"For now, anyway." 

His father saying, 

"If you insist." 

They both patted his head and he blinked cutely before being hugged tightly by them both

"You'll have a good time discovering your new feelings. We'll be back when the semester ends to check on you. Maybe find yourself a boyfriend." his father told him and let him go.

"Call frequently." his mother added in, also letting him go. 

Taehyung stared at them both as they started to walk away and back to the car. They couldn't seriously be leaving him here!

"Come back and pick me up right now. I'm the only straight guy in the school!" 

His father just laughed loudly, both his mother and his father turning around to flash him a big smile. 

"You keep thinking that, kid." They both turned back and Taehyung only watched, rooted to his spot, as his parents both got into the car and drove away. 

 

He blinked. Speechless. 

His anger that was replaced with shock earlier returned as the receptionist called out to him and gestured at the key still on top of the desk. 

Finally accepting that there was no way his parents are coming back to get him, he grabbed the handle of his luggage back with more force than needed and snatched his duffel bag off the floor. 

Stomping forward, he swiped the key off the top, not breaking eye contact with the receptionist, glaring at her before turning away to the elevator. 

 

***

 

Taehyung grumbled under his breath and he dragged his stuff across the hallway of the third floor, jamming the key in the lock using way more force than necessary. He glanced at his watched before shoving the door open. 

8:15am

 

He rolled his eyes before dragging all his stuff inside the room. The first thing he saw was two single beds at each end of the room, each with a bedside table and a big closet seprated in two from the middle. A window was in the middle of the room between the two beds. Next to the closet was a bathroom for two. The door was closed. 

Taehyung threw his duffel bag on the closest bed to the door, taking off his shoes before pulling the rest of his stuff with him. 

He flicked his hair in a very unmaly manner before sitting on his chosen bed. 

 

The door to the bathroom door opened suddenly, revealing a boy dressed simply in a light pink t-shirt paired with some black jeans. 

"Oh, hello, you must be Taehyung, my new roommate!" his tone brightening at every word. His voice going from surprised to happy within seconds. 

Taehyung nodded at him. 

"Hello. I've been told about you. Jeon Jungkook." he said simply, staring at the boy's choice of clothes

"Yeah, that's right, ask me if you have any questions." Jungkook said before walking over to him, hair dripping with water droplets and it was evident he just had a shower. 

"Yeah.. sure." was all Taehyung said before turning away and ping his duffel bag, which was stuffed with his laptop and charger. Phone charger. 

Taehyung sighed as he realised that his parents' packing wasn't close to good at all. His laptop charger was probably packed in with his clothes in his luggage bag. 

"Something wrong?" Taehyung felt the bed dip beside him

His head snapped to his right, and he let out a startled scream, almost hitting Jungkook. 

 

Jungkook had seated himself right beside Taehyung, watching as he ped his bag and blinked when he sighed. Jungkook guessed he was starting to unpack. 

 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Taehyung exclaimed loudly

Jungkook flinced at the loud voice before answering him, 

"I'm asking if there's something wrong? You just sighed and I feel sour aura radiating off of you." he said

 

Taehyung's eye twitched. 

 

"Yeah, there is something wrong. Firstly, Bangtan is a school for homoual boys, and my parents decide on their own to put me here. Secondly, there is a problem with that because I am straight. Thirdly, just-just- ugh!" he shouted, there was so much to take in in such a short amount of time. He whacked his duffel bag off the bed, belatedly remembering that his laptop was still in the ped bag, and turned to glare at Jungkook.

"You're way too close." he narrowed his eyes. "Way too close." 

Jungkook was indeed seated very close to Taehyung. Their thighs touching and their arms brushing as they were seated side by side on the bed. 

His comment seemed to be ignored by Jungkook though, as he said,

"Can you smile for me?" 

Taehyung blinked at the sudden question, not appreciating the fact that the other was not attempting to move for some personal space. 

"What?" he replied instead, getting up from the bed himself and moving away. 

"Smile for me." Jungkook repeated, also getting up and following Taehyung to the window. 

 

What is he- Why is he just-

Taehyung thought. 

 

Taehyung sat by the windowsill and looked out, the sun rays hitting his face and calming him down. He opened the window and felt the light mornining breeze slowly hit him and he closed his eyes, ignoring the other's request. 

Jungkook stopped a few feet away from him, studying his now peaceful face. He slowly smiled and decided to ask again for the third time. 

 

"Taehyung-ah, can you smile for me?" 

Taehyung turned away from the window to look at Jungkook with a calm face portraying little emotion, but it wasn't unfriendly. 

"Why do you keep asking me that? No, I don't feel like it." he pushed himself off the windowsill and made his way to the luggage bag that was abandoned on the floor as soon as he entered the room. 

ping it, he opened the filled bag and items fell out and over the sides. His laptop charger hitting the floor with a thud. Taehyung sighed again and rolled his eyes, pushing the charger to the duffel bag where his laptop was in. 

He hit the bag to the floor earlier and forgot that his laptop was in it. He just hoped it was okay. 

After rummaging through his luggage, he found some clothes to wear and moved to the bathroom. He grumbled about how all his nice clothes were shoved into his bag in an unfriendly and also in a disorganised and definitely not pretty way. But he'll deal with that when he was unpacking. 

 

"You taking a shower?" Jungkook called out to him in the small room. 

"Mmm." he simply answered

Jungkook paused for a bit and before he closed the bathroom door, Jungkook called out again, 

"You're kind of cute." he wasn't afraid of saying that compliment out loud

Taehyung paused in front of the bathroom door and turned around to look at Jungkook.

"I'm straight." Taehyung said, entering the bathroom and was about to lock the door. 

But not before saying, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That pink shirt matches with the jeans but, the outfit would match with a black jacket." 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook blinked and looked down at his clothes. He looked at the closed door, thinking about what the other had said before. 

"I said, you look cute. I didn't say you were gay." he rolled his eyes before walking over and opening his side of the closet. He opened the right side of the closet door, taking out a black jacket, draping it over his shoulders and slipping his arms in through the sleeves. 

He turned to look at himself in the full length mirror which was attached to the closet door. 

 

"It does look good with a black jacket." He smiled before adding to himself in his head, 

Are you sure you're not gay? No teenage boy would ever know what goes well with a pink shirt.