Walk me back, don't Follow me back

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

"Your eyeliner makes you look hot."

"What?"

 

Jungkook froze as soon as he uttered those words. He needs to keep his thoughts to himself more often, or at least try to be more subtle about them. Deciding to just go with what he said, he repeated. 

"I said, your eyeliner makes you look hot." he grabbed the clothes from Taehyung's hand. 

 

Taehyung turned to face him, "Do you like me?" 

Jungkook turned around to look at him. "Don't assume because everyone is gay here that they will fall in love with your beautiful face. Including me." he pointed towards himself.

"Now, do you have more clothes for me or what? We need to leave soon." Jungkook sassed. 

 

"Fine, fine. I'll take what you said as a compliment." Taehyung said, checking his reflection in Jungkook's closet mirror to see if his eyeliner smudged. 

He gestured vaguely to the white pieces of clothing in Jungkook's hand. 

"Wear those. You did say it was formal. Well, formal-ish." he shrugged

Jungkook scrunched up his nose. 

"You can't wear a white blazer with a white dress shirt. Especially not this one." he waved the old and greying shirt in his hand and then threw it back at Taehyung. 

"You don't have anything else better than what you have now." Taehyung turned back to see what else would be sitting in Jungkook's closet. 

 

He pulled out something that caught his eye. 

"You could wear this..." he smirked

Jungkook watched suspiciously as he tried to see what Taehyung was pulling out of the closet at a very slow speed. 

His eyes widened upon seeing the piece of clothing that he so did not purchase. 

"Did you go back to that store and buy that for me?!" he stomped forward and snatched the t-shirt before throwing the new shirt right into the bin. 

Taehyung just laughed, "I didn't expect you to throw away my money like that." 

Jungkook huffed and punched his chest not-so-lightly. "I said I'm not wearing a shirt with the words ' me' on them and I can't actually believe you went back there to buy that trash." 

"What a waste of money." he added

Taehyung pushed Jungkook lightly. "I'm just kidding. I didn't buy it. I stole that." 

Jungkook whirled around with wide eyes, "You stole it?!" 

"Just kidding." Taehyung's eyes twinkled mischieviously. 

 

Ugh, now they really were going to be late to this dinner. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jungkook! Taehyung! Come this way!" 

Kyungsoo yelled out towards the pair who entered the fancy restaurant around 25 minutes late. They walked over there and Jungkook straightened out his black buttoned up shirt with some black jeans. 

Taehyung nudged him. "You look like you're going to preschool. that first and second button will you." 

Jungkook turned and growled, "I do not look like I'm going to preschool, thank you very much." 

But nonetheless, he reached up and ed the top button of his shirt hurriedly. 

Taehyung still laughed and said, "That doesn't look any better. I said first and second. Now you look like you're going to a church ceremony." 

"Oh, shut up!" he pushed Taehyung into a table and ed the second button before straightening his shirt out again. 

Taehyung hit the side of an occupied table to his left and apologised quickly to the pair who were staring at him. 

It was Jungkook's turn to laugh and the two followed Kyungsoo into the second room of the restaurant. 

 

 

When they entered, Kyungsoo introduced them. 

"Hey, Jungkook and Taehyung are here!" 

The two of them smiled politely and took their seats. Jungkook sat next to Jimin and Yoongi on one side while Taehyung sat with Hoseok on his right and Baekhyun and Chanyeol to his left as they were the only two seats left available. 

"You're late." Hoseok said to Taehyung and he seated himself down. 

"Yeah, sorry about that. Jungkook couldn't come up with anything to wear." Taehyung said and nodded his head in Jungkook's direction. 

The said boy made a face at him and stuck out his tongue. "If it weren't for your horrible suggestions, we could have made it in here ten minutes ago." 

Taehyung returned the face childishly, "We'd still be late."

 

Kyungsoo moved about the table to grab some glasses for the pair. 

"We ordered some food a while ago, do you want to order now?" he said, stopping their bickering. 

"I want the fried chicken and some omelette." Taehyung decided quickly, getting up to go to the counter to place their order. "Jungkook? What do you want to eat?" 

Jungkook didn't decide as fast as Taehyung did. He stared at the different pictures and thought about the different choices of food. 

"Hold on. I'm not sure if I want this one..." he mumbled

Taehyung rolled his eyes and pulled Jungkook up with the menu in his hands. "Think about it on the way there and if you can't deicde just get it." 

"Wait, wait, wait. This one looks good as well." he muttered again, almost hitting the waiter carrying their drinks to the table.

 

Baekhyun giggled and pointed at them with one hand while he rested his chin on a fist.

"They're a good match." he winked at Chanyeol and the table laughed in agreement.

All except for one boy who retreated to drinking his water in silence. 

 

Jungkook and Taehyung ordered their food and waited with the others while chatting happily. 

Food for the others arrived first as they were late. Jungkook and Taehyung just eyed the food on the table while they waited for theirs. 

Hoseok placed a piece of his sweet and sour pork onto Taehyung's empty plate beside him. "Eat this first." 

Taehyung looked at him in surprise and smiled gratefully at the other. "Thanks, I'm starving." he ate the piece of food in one bite and Jungkook frowned disapporvingly and his friend's actions. 

 

There's something off with Hoseok hyung nowadays. Is it him? 

 

Jungkook's gaze turned to Taehyung as he swallowed the pork in a hurry and started choking. He grabbed the water and gulped it down in a hurry. 

He just laughed silently. 

Jimin spoke up, "So Taehyung, it's been a while since you've been at Bangtan. How's it like now?" 

Taehyung shrugged before he replied. "It's been pretty good, I suppose. Actually, it's still a little weird seeing couples around the school just kiss like it's nothing. It's probably just me, you know? Like I said, I'm straight." 

They all looked at him in amusement. 

Yoongi smiled, "It is nothing. It's just you. And also, it seems like it's getting harder for you to prove your, hmm... straightness." 

Taehyung looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?" 

 

The table looked around and giggled, Taehyung blinked at them. "Am I missing some sort of joke?" 

"You really act like you're gay. Are you sure you're not gay-" Jungkook started to speak. 

Taehyung breathed out heavily in exasperation, realising what they were thinking about. "I'm not gay!" 

He continued, "How do I act gay? Is it because of my obsession with cute stuff? Because that's not gay. Is it my 'Meadows and Daisies' perfume? Or are you misunderstanding my lavender coloured-"

Namjoon, who was sitting beside Jin across the table, interrupted him. "Most boys would call it purple." he said, smiling at the boy's use of the word 'lavender'. 

 

Taehyung frowned. 

 

"What? No, it's lavender. Purple is more like, purple. And lavender is sorta like a lighter and breezier-" he didn't get to finish again when Jimin spoke. 

"Breezier?" he said. "In case you didn't know, everything that is coming out of your mouth is proving our point and not yours." 

 

Jimin jabbed his chopsticks in Taehyung's direction.

 

"I'm just explaining facts." he huffed defensively and crossed his arms over his chest. 

Jungkook laughed and nodded, "Yeah, okay." 

It was obvious that they were unconvinced at his 'straightness', as Yoongi had called it, but he didn't get the chance to say anymore on the matter as Jungkook and Taehyung's food arrived and suddenly Hoseok was on Taehyung's side. 

"Just leave him, guys. You're going to make him cry." he said. Okay, he may be on Taehyung's side but it didn't sound like it. 

"I'm not going to cry!" he exclaimed. "Ugh. Whatever. Let's just eat." 

He turned to his food and stabbed at his omelette that was just placed in front of him. Hoseok laughed and slung an arm around his shoulder in an awkward side-hug. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." 

"I'm not offended." he said flatly, and the table went back to eating in a very amused mood at Taehyung's now grumpy face. 

 

 

 

 

The table was in a lively mood when everyone was near done with their dishes. People picked up bits of food here and there from the table and ordered more drinks. 

They talked comfortably and enjoyed the conversation and Taehyung got over the conversation earlier fairly quickly. 

Jungkook started to feel a bit unwell and he assumed it was because of the food. His stomach didn't feel too good and he felt a headache coming on soon. 

He let out a breath through his nose and he drank some water before deciding to leave early. He looked around and picked up his phone off the table, he stood up and he knew he should get back to the dorm room soon when he felt himself swaying. 

 

"Jungkook, where are you going?" Kyungsoo asked as he saw him stand up. 

The table looked at him and Jungkook said, "Sorry. I don't feel very well and I think it's because of something I ate. It's not settling well. I'm just going to go back early and it's not too late so you guys can still stay. I don't want to ruin the mood." 

Kyungsoo nodded slowly but looked skeptical about him going alone, "You sure you can go back alone? I'm sure someone here could take you back." 

He refused the offer immediately, shaking his head. "Oh no, that's fine. I can just walk back. The school isn't far anyway, I'll manage." 

Jungkook waved to them, "Its been fun, it's nice to meet you all." he said to the new friends he met. Kai and Chen, Kyungsoo's friends, waved at him and smiled. 

"Nice meeting you too. See you around." 

Jungkook turned to Taehyung, "I'll see you at the dorm room." he waved to the others before exiting. 

 

He walked out of the stifling restuarant but his head wasn't doing too well as his headache got stronger. He started to make his way back to the dorm room in the night and even though it wasn't that late, it wasn't exactly early either. 

The streetlights were dim and he walked slowly. Jungkook sighed as the cold started to get to him and he wondered why he didn't bring any extra clothing. 

He sighed and continued to walk as his stomach made him uncomfortable with it's unsettling turning. 

 

 

 

 

Back at the restaurant, Taehyung watched as Jungkook left and like he said, he didn't look well. 

He decided to just let him go back to the dorm room and he stayed with the others, reassuring himself that Jungkook could get back alright. But it wasn't even for three minutes that he was seated that he stood up abruptly, surprising the people around him. 

He slung his blazer over his shoulder that he took off during the dinner. "Sorry guys. I better go now to see Jungkook gets back alright. He didn't look too good and it's dark right now. I wouldn't want anything to happen." 

Hoseok looked up at him from his seat, "You could call him to see if he's alright. You don't have to go if you don't want to." 

Taehyung shook his head, "Nah, I'll go see that he's okay. The convenience store is on the way back, right? I'll go pick up some medicine for him." 

Smiling, he turned to Kyungsoo, "Thanks for tonight. It's been great talking to you." waving like Jungkook had done, he left the restaurant and jogged out of the restuarant to catch up to Jungkook. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook shivered against the cold and it wasn't doing much to help his headache. He was tired and kept walking back to the school. He thought about what he'd do when he got back. 

 

I'm just going to go to sleep. Hopefully I'll be okay by tomorrow.

 

Jungkook felt a presence somewhere behind him and he turned back to look. He saw no one and he just shrugged off the feeling, too tired to be bothered thinking about it. 

But he heard quiet shuffling behind him and he didn't overlook that. Jungkook felt himself go rigid as he thought about who it was that may or may not be following him. 

When he stopped, the other also stopped and Jungkook's heart started to beat faster in panic. The extra blood rushing to his head did him no good as he turned around in a hurry and quickened his pace. But the footsteps behind him became louder and this time, Jungkook was sure someone was following him. 

His speed walking turned into a small jog and then escalated to a slow running. He was sure he was going to pass out at any minute now but he didn't stop. 

 

It was all too sudden that a hand clasped his shoulder from the back and Jungkook whirled around in panic and swung his arm. He whacked the other hard across his face and kicked at him, making him fall to the ground. He didn't see the other's face with his head now throbbing and his stomach lurched. 

Jungkook moved away quickly after smacking and slapping his palms on the other's body in a feminine way.

The other boy started to get up, unharmed by Jungkook's little attacks. 

 

"Jungkook! Stop, it's just me. You don't have to hit me again." 

 

Jungkook turned to look at the boy on the floor, he strained his eyes against the dim lighting and caught sight of the boy's face. 

"Taehyung?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Taehyung! What are you doing?! Following me and making me think you're some kidnapper or ?!" Jungkook yelled, half relieved. 

"Sorry, I wanted to play around a bit. Didn't think you'd actually hit me when I came up behind you to startle you." Taehyung got off the road and dusted off his pants. 

"What, you thought I'd just let you take me away?" Jungkook huffed. 

There was a brief pause as the two boys stood in silence. 

 

Jungkook leaned against the wall before he collapsed. "Why aren't you back at the restaurant?" he said, voice going quieter as he slowly felt himself feeling worse. 

"Hm? Oh, I just wanted to back sure you got back alright. You look bad. Here, I also picked up some medicine for you on the way here." Taehyung lifted the small plastic bag and Jungkook vaguely saw it before his eyes shut closed. 

 

"Jungkook? You okay?" Taehyung took his shoulders and Jungkook lifted his head, opening his eyes to look at him. 

"Hm? Yeah. Actually, no. I don't feel too good." he looked down at the ground with half-lidded eyes. 

Taehyung moved forward and put an arm around Jungkook's shoulders. 

He smiled at him reassuringly, "I'll walk you back."

 

Jungkook only nodded as his head involuntarily rolled to the side and rested between the crook of Taehyung's neck and shoulder.

"Don't follow me like some robber next time." he mumbled

 

 

Taehyung managed to get Jungkook back to the dorm room on the upper floor. He supported Jungkook to his bed after helping him to take of his socks and shoes. 

Jungkook laid his head on his pillow and pulled the covers up to his chin.

"Don't you want to change your clothes?" Taehyung asked, noting the other's uncomfortable attire for sleeping. 

"I'll be fine until tomorrow." Jungkook said, before shutting his eyes and preparing to rest. 

Taehyung nodded, "Okay. Call me if you need anything."

 

 

 

 

"Thanks, hyung." he mumbled before drifting off to sleep for the night. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

Hello

This chapter was not very good. 

Once again, I apologise for the use of a swear word and if you're uncomfortable reading it, please tell me so I won't write it in future chapters. The use of it will be minimal. 

Nonetheless, I still hope you liked it. 

Thanks for reading! 

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye