A Little Love

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Hoseok leaves his dorm room for an early morning class and closes the door and locks it behind him with a sigh. 

Getting over a broken heart was not one of Hoseok favourite things. A harsh breakup the year before and Hoseok was in a mess. A similar feeling has settled itself in Hoseok's heart and dreading the next day eventually caught up with Hoseok who could only stare at the slightly awkward but happy couple of Taehyung and Jungkook. 

The almost-always happy couple of Yoongi and Jimin soured his mood even more. Not to mention the overly-affectionate Sehun and Luhan couple. 

Like, ugh. Let the single man heal a broken heart, will you?

 

Hoseok managed to swap a class to early morning to avoid having the three couples around his single self so much. 

 

"You know what, Hoseok," Hoseok spoke out loud to himself in the empty hallway as he made his way down the stairs, purposefully avoiding the elevator incase an unexpected Jimin showed up clad in gym clothes and a water bottle. 

 

"You, my friend, yes you, are going out to the café down the street after this class for ice-cream and sweet treats. Because you feel like a broken, sour candy." Hoseok said, still talking to himself, nodding. 

In the midst of trying to improve his mood, he heard a someone padding behind. 

 

He stopped abruptly and spun around, looking right at the face of a guy who looked like a deer caught in the headlights. 

The boy had black, glossy hair covering part of forehead. He had brown eyes, like every other typical asian, and pale skin. A pair of black, hispter glasses framed his brown eyes. 

 

"Do you need something? Or are you following me for nothing?" Hoseok asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously. 

The boy's eyes returned to it's normal size. 

"I, uhm, just happened to be walking around here to find class EXO-12. I saw you and I thought I could ask you." the boy flushed a pretty pink. "But you seemed to be a bit, uh, busy, if I should phrase it that way." 

It was Hoseok's turn to blush. He was just caught talking to himself like he was talking to another person. 

"Well," Hoseok said, trying to play it off, turning his gaze away, "I could help you, I guess."

The boy's eyes lit up and Hoseok thought that it was too bright for the morning. Should've just stayed with the afternoon class. 

But if he did, he'll just bump into Jungkook and Taehyung and his rather fragile heart at the moment wouldn't be able to take it. 

 

Well, that took his mood to a whole new level of dark. 

Ok, that was exaggerating. But his 'motivate-self' mood dissipated rather quickly. 

 

"You okay?" the boy waved a hand at him, though he was still quite a distance away. 

Hoseok cleared his throat. "Yeah, fine. You coming or what?" 

He turned to walk, the boy quickly running up to him and falling in step with Hoseok. 

"Name?" Hoseok asked. 

"Kiyoung. Nam Kiyoung." the boy replied, smiling. 

 

Hair too long. Smile too wide. Too much eyeliner. Bad choice of scarf. Alright glasses, I guess. 

Hoseok critisizes in his head, side-eyeing the boy beside him. 

 

"You new?" Hoseok questioned. 

"Hmm, yeah. I suppose you could say so." Kiyoung shrugged. 

"What do you mean?" Hoseok asked. 

"I've been here for only a few months." he replied. 

Hoseok only nodded, "You like it here?" 

The boy nodded back, hugging his books to his chest. "It's alright, it's better than home." 

His voice turned sad and when Hoseok turned to look at him, his eyes were sad and looking at the ground, his head was directed to the floor as they walked. 

 

What's with this sudden mood drop?

Hoseok thought, feeling weird all of a sudden, not liking this, sad, mood. 

The last time he checked, the mood sad didn't do much to ease the pain in a healing heart. Quite the opposite really. 

 

"What's up?" Hoseok frowned. 

"Nothing." he mumbled, "It's just, my parents don't really appreciate the fact that I'm not straight." 

"Well, you got those kind of people." Hoseok said, bringing a hand up to mess up the boy's hair in an attempt to ease the heavy aura that was starting to settle around them. 

"Your parents are fine with it?" Kiyoung said, dodging the hand but to no avail. His dark hair all messed up and he pouted. Something that was undisturbingly attractive to Hoseok. "Hey, why'd you do that, I spent ages on it this morning." he said, flattening his hair. 

Hoseok grinned, "Definitely a gay boy." 

Kiyoung blinked at him with round eyes with a hand still on his head. Hoseok continued speaking, "It's not like it's anything to be ashamed of. Not here, anyway." 

Hoseok turned a corner and stopped, "And yes, my parents are fine with it." 

Kiyoung stopped as well, "It's nice that at least one of us is supported." 

This earned him a smack on the back. "Don't talk like that." Kiyoung jerked forwards due to the hit, glasses dropping down his nose and almost flying off his face. 

"Anyway, this is the class." Hoseok said. "Now I have to go." 

He turned to leave but a small pull on the back of his jacket hood got him turning around to face Kiyoung with a red face. 

 

"Uhm, do you- if you want, like, just asking if-" 

"Just spit it out." Hoseok said, fast getting annoyed at Kiyoung's broken sentences. 

"What I'm trying to say is," Kiyoung cleared his throat and looked down embarassed. "If you want to, do you want to catch a break or something together at the café, maybe? I heard you mention it earlier." he said, recalling Hoseok's talk-to-self session. 

Hoseok blinked, surprised. 

"Oh, sure." he nodded. "How about a late breakfast after class?" 

Kiyoung brightened up. "Oh, yes that's fine!" 

Hoseok nodded again, "Then I'll see you here after class." 

 

With that, he walked away. Unaware of Kiyoung's rapidly beating heart, Hoseok proceeded to his class that he was going to be late for if he didn't hurry. 

Seems like someone has taken a slight interest in the heartbroken boy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Taehyung~" Jungkook called. 

"Oh my, what is it now, princess?" Taehyung said sarcastically, half-annoyed at Jungkook's constant callings for simple things. 

 

A cup of water. A jacket. His phone. 

 

"Can you get my laptop charger for me?" Jungkook asked. 

"No, get it yourself." Taehyung mumbled, immersing himself in some work. 

Jungkook sulked, dragging himself up off the chair and to his bag not even a few metres away. 

 

"I'm not your servant, I'm your boyfriend." Taehyung said from his place by the desk. 

To this, Jungkook grinned. "Yes, yes you are." 

"Then stop making me cater to your every want and need." Taehyung said. 

"What if I said that that was the only way to get your attention on me?" Jungkook questioned as a reply, not really meaning it. 

 

To this, Taehyung spun around in his chair. 

 

"What? I give you plenty of attention." 

Jungkook made a face. "Not enough." 

Taehyung made a face back, "Clingy." 

 

Jungkook gasped. "Oh my gosh, really? Do I really sound like that?" he asked, seriously worried. 

"What? Jungkook stop overreacting. I didn't mean it in a bad way." Taehyung said, slightly confused by the other's behaviour. 

"Am I actually clingy? I always disliked those type of boyfriends. Am I turning into one?" Jungkook asked again. 

"Jungkook, why are you taking this so seriously?" Taehyung wanted to laugh, getting up from his seat and walking over to the stressing boy. 

 

He took his shoulders and gave it a good shake. Then he chuckled. "You good now?" 

Jungkook nodded absentmindedly, returning to his body. 

 

"Well, haven't heard from Hoseok lately." Taehyung said, sitting back in his seat. 

Jungkook just nodded. 

 

He's alright isn't he?

Jungkook thought to himself. 

I'll give him a call. But first...

 

"Taehyung, want to go out with me later today?" Jungkook asked. 

"Hm? Sure, where you wanna go?" Taehyung said lazily, slowly rolling off the chair to the foot of his bed right next to the desk. 

"Café? Let's have a date there." Jungkook suggested. 

"Sure, if you want." Taehyung answered, now lying face down on the pillow and voice muffled. "Not now though. I'm tired, let's leave in an hour when I wake up." 

Jungkook got up and kicked the other boy's thigh. 

"Lazy. But fine, rest if you're tired. I'm going to get ready." Jungkook said. 

"Yeah, you need that hour. Plus extra ten minutes at least." Taehyung said, rolling out of reach to the end of the bed when Jungkook stuck his foot out again to kick him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't complain when we leave that you've got a, ahem, blemish, on your face." Jungkook said, referring to the time when he had to wait for forty-minutes for the elder boy to actually go out to meet him. 

"Fine, I'll be up in half and hour." Taehyung said, closing his eyes. "Shut the curtains, please." he mumbled. 

Jungkook laughed, "I'm not your servant, I'm your boyfriend." Jungkook repeated the words Taehyung said. 

"But I wasn't asking all morning for things that were in my reach, unlike you." Taehyung countered. 

"Hey!" 

"Truth." 

Jungkook decided to leave it and rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help smiling as he rummaged for clothes to wear on the way to the bathroom. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There really were no regrets dating Mr-Supposedly-Straight. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

Hello

I hope you liked the update

Kiyoung is an OC so I made him up. If there's another guy with the name then it's not him. You can image Kiyoung to be whoever you like. 

I wanted Hoseok to have a partner so why not the new character if there was no one else to pair him with. 

I'll most likely be coming up with another story. I'll let you know here if I do. 

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye