Operation Make supposedly-straight-boy, Kim Taehyung, fall in love with Jeon Jungkook

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

By the time Taehyung and Jungkook reach the rock they were sitting on earlier the day before, it's nearing two in the morning. 

The two walked back from the tree in silence together, arms occasionally brushing against each other until Taehyung takes a step closer to the stream and away from Jungkook. 

There's a small weight resting on Jungkook's heart and he knows it's about their near-kiss. 

He knows there was something between them that brought their lips close and Jungkook wonders what it was that made Taehyung pull away. 

 

Was it because he still thinks he's straight? 

Or was it because he doesn't know Jungkook's in love with him? 

 

Jungkook stumbles as the thought crosses his mind. 

 

Him? In love with Taehyung? 

 

He couldn't believe it. Never before has he been in love and now it's dawning on him that he just might have fallen for his straight roommate, Kim Taehyung. 

 

He's not really, is he? I mean, how straight can a boy like Taehyung be by the way he acts? Not very, really. 

Jungkook thinks to himself. He sees Taehyung walking a bit further ahead now, and he looks at the other's side profile from a few steps behind. 

 

He exhales, 

Am I really in love? How can I know for sure...

 

But there's one thing he does know, that he definitely has an attraction for the supposedly-straight-boy, Kim Taehyung. It's going to be hard for him to conceal this newfound crush, but he figures it couldn't be that hard for him to act himself around the other who's also his friend. 

 

But then again, they nearly kissed. That's got to be saying something, and that it's not a platonic relationship. 

 

 

 

Taehyung crosses over the rock first, entering the camp site. He waits for Jungkook to cross too, and when he does he sees Jungkook's pants are slightly wet at the bottom where the water had touched him. 

Jungkook srunches his nose at the wet moisture he can feel around his ankles. He looks up and sees Taehyung looking at him and he gives an awkward smile. 

 

"Let's go sleep now. There's going to be lots happening tomorrow, apparently." Jungkook whispers, walking past Taehyung silently to their tent. 

Taehyung grabs Jungkook's arm lightly, pulling him towards his luggage bag he brought for the trip. 

 

Pulling out a pair of black pants, he hands them to Jungkook. 

"You can change into those, they should fit you. You can change behind those trees near the stream." he points after looking at the ends of Jungkook's pants drenched with water. 

Jungkook looks at the other in the eye and smiles, "Thank you." he says. He watches for any reaction from the other but Taehyung just brings his gaze elsewhere. 

His smile falters, but he doesn't let the disappointment show. 

 

 

Look at me, dammit. 

Jungkook thinks. 

 

 

He zips up his luggage bag and makes his way inside the tent as quietly as he can. As he enters, he looks back towards Jungkook saying, 

"I'll be inside. Be careful and shout if you're scared or something." 

 

Jungkook watches him enter the tent and he goes to change out of his pants and into the pair Taehyung lent him. 

Entering the tent after, he slips inside his sleeping bag which was situated beside Taehyung's. He finds the other facing the other way and it seems like he's already sleeping by the steady rise-and-fall of his body when he breathes. 

 

Closing his own eyes, he too falls asleep next to Taehyung and someone else on the other side of him. He doesn't see who it is since it's dark and he doesn't try too either, feeling tired. 

He faces Taehyung's back, and he lets out a small sigh. 

 

 

Am I inlove with you, Taehyung? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Jungkook wakes up with an empty space beside him and an arm across his face. 

He pushes the toned arm covering his mouth and frowns, turning to see who it was and planning to give him a smack. 

It's Sehun sleeping with his mouth open, a trail of drool down the side of his mouth. Jungkook scrunches his face in digust and moves back to the empty space and lifts his arm, intending to hit the other. 

Jungkook stops though, as he realises that the space he just occupied was Taehyung's spot where he slept last night. The sleeping bag crumpled slightly. 

 

Is he awake already? We got back pretty late last night. Or early morning. 

Jungkook thinks to himself. He crawls out of the tent's mass of limbs to to get fresh air and sees no one is awake yet. It's early morning still, but the sun is slowly rising. 

Checking the time on his phone, he sees it's 6:40am, and despite getting back to the tent at a ridiculous time, Jungkook doesn't feel tired. 

 

It's weird since he usually sleeps until it's past twelve noon.

 

Nonetheless, he walks out and scans the area. He sees no one walking about. 

Oh wait, he does. 

He sees someone walk out of their tent to go do their morning business before climbing back in again sleepily. Jungkook sits on the mat outside as no one had bothered to actually roll it back up. 

Luckily it didn't fly away in the wind or something during the night. 

 

Turning his head to look at the stream where the sun is slowly rising, he sees a figure at the top of the rock. Immediately knowing who it is, he gets up and starts climbing the rock as soon as he reaches it. 

He sits down next to his already-awake roommate. 

 

"Hi Taehyung. Early morning?" he questions vaguely. 

Taehyung turns to see Jungkook smiling at him, and in the morning sun it makes the other's skin glow. Taehyung stares for at him for awhile, but before Jungkook can ask what the matter was, Taehyung and answers with a simple, "Yes. You aren't tired?" 

Jungkook just shakes his head, bringing his gaze in front of them where he admires the dawn sky, coloured orange and variations of different colours. 

Bringing out his phone from his pocket, Taehyung opens the camera app and takes a shot. The click of the shutter captures Jungkook's attention and he looks over curiously. 

 

Waving the phone, Taehyung asks, "Want a picture?" 

Jungkook beams and nods eagerly, as Taehyung thinks that Jungkook's bright nature could compare with that of the bright sky. 

"Let's take it together." Jungkook says as he takes ahold of the phone, switching to the front camera. 

 

Taehyung looks to him, "We want to see the sky, we're only going to get the camping site in the background if we're facing the stream." he says. 

"Right." 

Too early to be embarassed, Jungkook just turns his body the other way, carefully balancing himself on the steep rock. 

Taehyung frowns and grabs Jungkook's arm. "You might fall. This is a bad idea, give it to me." 

He reaches for the phone and pulls Jungkook back to his original position. 

"I'll just take a photo of you." 

 

Jungkook blinks and he juts his bottom lip out. 

"No~ Let's have a picture together." he whines and stretches his hand out for the phone. 

Taehyung just swats his hand away, "No." 

"Why are you so uptight today? What crawled up your last night?" Jungkook teases with a frown, crossing his arms and turning the other way. 

 

Shaking his head, the camera is flipped back and the shutter sounds. 

 

Jungkook just turns back to face Taehyung. "Did you just take a picture of me?" 

Smiling, he waves the picture of Jungkook in front of his face. 

"Don't you just look like nothing but sunshine." Taehyung says, teasingly, a wide smile spread on his lips. 

 

In the picture, Jungkook is sporting a frown with closed lids, pursed lips facing downwards in mock anger and frustration. It contrasts to the beautful backdrop of the orange sky and Taehyung just laughs to himself. Not too loudly, as he doesn't want to wake the others. 

 

Jungkook rolls his eyes at the image on the phone. 

"That's so unflattering. Just look at it. Actually don't." 

 

Jungkook lunges for the phone, only to slip downwards quite suddenly and it frightens the daylights out of Jungkook. 

He reaches out a hand instead, a look of panic crossing his face as he grabs onto Taehyung's shirt from the front and stretching the material. 

Taehyung puts his phone beside him on the steep rock and takes a hold of Jungkook's arm, pulling him forwards. Jungkook places his hand on the other's shoulders and tries to push himself forward and out of slipping range. 

At the same time, Taehyung pulls the other forward again, and the momentum causes Jungkook to fall ontop of the other. 

 

Taehyung falls backward, back flat against the rock with Jungkook hovering above him with a hand on his shoulder and another on the rock surface beside Taehyung's head. 

He's dangerously close to the other, and they both blink at each other with wide eyes. 

They both stay unmoving and Jungkook sees the other swallow visibly. Just as Jungkook is about to speak, he hears rustling from the tents and Taehyung panics. 

He pushes Jungkook off him, but he makes sure he rolls sideways beside him and not down the rock. 

Jungkook also gets surprised by the rustling in the camp area and he allows Taehyung's push to roll him to the rock surface beside him. 

 

They both turn to see another student just leaving for the bathroom facilities and when he comes back, he spots the two on the rock before entering. 

As the tent flap shuts close, Jungkook lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. 

Taehyung simply turns to face the front again, tense body slowly relaxing. 

 

What would they have thought if they saw us like that?

Taehyung thinks, but he loses the thought as he remembers Jungkook's brown orbs staring right back at his. 

 

 

 

Jungkook turns to look at the other, and by the way the orange glow illuminates his features, it gives a gentle glow to his eyes and a healthy tone to his skin, and how the wind shifts his hair to the side gently across his forehead, 

the answer comes to him and he's sure it's the right one. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You're beautiful, Kim Taehyung. And I know I'm in love with you. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Wake up, everyone! Everyone to the middle here!" a loud yell from a male teacher wakes the sleepy students from their tents at 8:00am sharp. 

Jungkook and Taehyung - sitting on the rock for the past hour or so just admiring the view and giving comments - make their way down the rock and Taehyung gets down safely this time. Much to the relief of Jungkook. 

And while Taehyung may have been admiring the view of nature, Jungkook may have been admiring another view - Taehyung. 

 

Jungkook smiles inwardly, the newfound knowledge of his newfound love gets him excited to tell his friends, Especially Jimin and they can be excited together. 

 

The students pick their way to the middle with messy hair and uncontented looks. It was clear that the trip got everyone hyped up until late at night and no one really fell asleep until near midnight. 

The thought of midnight gets Jungkook thinking back to his near kiss with Taehyung and his heart beats faster. But his thoughts get interrupted when the teacher starts yelling again. 

 

"I'm going to need your concentration now! Look here, I'll be explaining to you what will be happening!" 

The students slowly start to wake up to all the yelling and the bunch of boys look to the front. 

 

"First! You boys will all wash up and when you're done, we're going to play some water games in the stream behind you!" 

The boys turn to look and some groan at the prospect of becoming drenched while others become brighter at the idea of water games. 

 

"Second! When you're all dry and dressed, we're going to go in groups to different parts of the woods! A teacher will be with each group and you will all get to visit the parts of the woods where a game will be held!" 

The students are now curious as to what game that has been set out for them. It gets Jungkook thinking since they've never held a game in more than one area of the woods before in their past camping trips. 

 

"This is to familiarise yourself with the area when you have the race!" he continues. 

 

"Third! Everyone will meet back in the centre and after attendance to make sure everyone's here, we'll start preparing for the game!" 

Checking his list, he looks back up and shouts the last thing which brings bright expressions from the boys. 

 

"Lastly! When the game is finished, and you're all washed up and clean, free time until the night! When it's dark, we'll have a campfire and I expect some of you to help transport the firewood to the middle!" 

 

With a wave of his hand and a loud, "Dismissed! I'll see you down at the stream within an hour!", the boys are quick to rush off and get some breakfast before entering the water. 

 

Rushing off, Jungkook runs to meet up with Jimin who is opening a packet of jam biscuits. 

"Jimin! I have something to tell you!" he yells, rushing forwards and pulling him by the arm to the nearest tree a few metres from where the tent was located. 

They're near the stream so they can hear the water running past the rocks. 

 

"What is it? Why are you so excited?" Jimin says, noting the other's bright wide eyes. 

He pulls out a biscuit and bites down on it. 

"I'm in love, Jimin. I'm in love!" he whispers before whisper-squealing the second part. 

Jimin blinks and splutters out biscuit crumbs over Jungkook's face. 

"Ew, hyung. That's gross." he swipes a hand over his face in mild disgust, sweeping the saliva covered crumbs off his face. 

Jimin ignores him. 

"Don't hyung me. In love? With who? Wait don't tell me, Taehyung?" he says. 

 

Jungkook smiles brightly and hushes him, "Shh hyung! Don't want anyone to know yet." 

Jimin just looks at him, and he reminds Jungkook of a fact that might have slipped his mind. 

 

"Jungkook, he's straight!" 

Jungkook doesn't seem affected all that much as he shakes his head, smile faltering ever so slightly but brightening up again. 

 

"He says so, but come on. Really? Just look at him!" Jungkook turns his head to their tent and Jimin follows his gaze. 

 

Taehyung is seen swiping the mat clean with his hand and dusting it off with a small frown. Then he seats himself ever-so-carefully on the mat with his legs crossed elegantly and picks up a biscuit with two fingers. A fly hovers over his head and he ducks down looking panicked and swishes his hand aimelessly above him. 

 

 

Jungkook turns back to Jimin, "You see? How can he, who says he's straight, be, well, straight?" 

crumbs off his lips, Jimin shrugs. "You've got a point. But still, Jungkook, assuming he's gay, he still thinks he's striaght. Finding out your feelings for him won't do you any good." Jimin dusts his hands. "Think about how he would react." 

 

Jungkook's smile drops as he looks at his friend. 

"Can I make him fall in love with me?" he says. 

Jimin smiles now, "That's something only you can do. Woo him, or something. Is that what they call it? Woo? Who cares, you can try though." 

"If he falls in love with me, he'll just have a small surprise and then realise he is gay and then later when I find out, we can date!" Jungkook's smile is now back on his face and he takes both of Jimin's wrists and flings them upwards in celebration with his own. 

 

"Okay then, Jungkookie. Operation Make supposedly-straight-boy, Kim Taehyung, fall in love with Jeon Jungkook. Start!" Jimin says, smiling and Jungkook returns it.  

 

 

 

 

Now, plan. I need to get close to him. 

Jungkook thinks before asking his friend. 

 

"Jimin, what do you think I should do first?" 

Jungkook ponders, hearing Taehyung's shouts of annoyance at the fly that won't leave him alone. 

 

"Just stick close to him during the water games. For now, at least." he answers, flashing a grin. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

Hello

I hope you enjoyed the update

Again, unsatisfied with the chapter title so might change it when I think of a better one

Was working on this last night and didn't complete the chapter, accidentally left the 'Hide Chapter' box unticked so I had to quickly hide it, so sorry if it left you disappointed when you saw no update when it said 'updated!' 

Jungkook loves Taehyung whoopdedoo

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye