Nature for Taehyung

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Taehyung and Jungkook rolled their bags out of the school building and onto the road in front of a bus waiting. 

There were 5 buses all lined up and ready to take the students out for a camping trip vacation. Doing this every year, it was one of Jungkook's favourite events and he was jumping up and down, trying to rub off his energy on the grumbling boy behind him. 

 

"Stop it, Jungkook." Taehyung glared as the other boy tried to drag him along with high spirits near their assigned bus. 

Jungkook frowned and let go of the other's wrist. 

"Taehyung, stop whining-"

"I am most definitely not whining." Taehyung protested, stomping a feet on the ground. "I am just not suited for this, camping." 

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and scoffed. 

"You act like you're, like, five." Jungkook stated to the older boy. 

Taehyung punched Jungkook's shoulder, grabbed his luggage bag by the handle and walked away with his head high and turned away. Taehyung sassing his way out, Jungkook grabbed his own bags and hurried after the other. 

 

"Taehyung, wait! You can't go to that bus! It's for the other class." Jungkook called out to him, pulling him back by the arm. 

Taehyung's eyes widened before flushing in embarrassment and Jungkook's lips were stretching into a smirk. He was pushed aside though, only lightly, and Taehyung walked back the other way still trying to maintain his diva-like aura. 

Sighing with a smile, Jungkook took the handle of his lugagge and made his way to the bus where students were starting to fill up the bus compartment with their bags. 

 

 

 

Taehyung sat down near the back of the bus, taking the window seat and immediately leaning back. Jungkook followed him and sat in the next seat after he put his backpack on the top compartment. 

The two brought up their backpacks, as did most students where their essentials were put in. Such as their phones, water bottles and small snacks to eat on the bus during the ride. 

 

Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung. He was looking out the window without an angry face on and Jungkook smiled, hoping the other will stop being so grumpy. 

The bus started moving and Taehyung put back his seat and closed his eyes, preparing for a nap until they arrived. 

 

Jungkook wanted the other to talk with him but that didn't look like it was going to happen. Not for the next hour at least. Pouting, Jungkook leaned back against his seat. But his head was turned all the way to the right to look at Taehyung's sleeping face. 

 

Frankly, he was disappointed that Taehyung put back his seat. He had this fantasy of sitting next to the one person he liked and their head rests on his shoulder sleeping when the vehicle moves. 

Even if it wasn't someone he liked, he wanted to experience it with someone. 

Okay, he's been reading way too many romantic novels and watched too much romance movies. 

 

his lips, Jungkook just stares at Taehyung until he decides it's enough when people start to look at him as he had not moved his eyes away from the boy for five full minutes. 

A teacher riding on the same bus stands at the front and announces to them that the ride will take approximately seven or eight hours to get there and possibly longer with the cold weather and a chance of rain. 

Jungkook sits back and relaxes, bringing his chair back to the same level as Taehyung's. Deciding to sleep as well, he closes his eyes and lets the movement of the bus rock his head to the side. The last thing he sees before he goes to sleep is the side of Taehyung's neck and face, his orange hair shifting slightly from the open window. 

 

Jungkook unconsciously smiles upon seeing Taehyung's head turn to face him with his eyes still closed when it got too bright. 

Yeah, the last thing Jungkook saw before he fell asleep was Taehyung's closed eyelids and he leaned closer upon feeling his light breath on his face. 

 

There was something Jungkook felt that he should probably open his eyes and check, but he didn't question it and let himself rest. 

 

 

 

 

 

It was only when Jungkook awoke was when he realised what was strange. 

Jungkook felt the side of his face and head resting on Taehyung's shoulder and his cheek pressed against the top of his chest. His eyes widened when he realised there was also a light weight pressing on top of his head and it didn't take him long to realise it was Taehyung's head. His cheek pressed on his hair. 

 

The knowledge that he was facing very close to Taehyung when he fell asleep now came to Jungkook and the rocky movement of the bus was what led his head to slip onto the other. 

He slipped his head out carefully from under the other in a fast but swift manner and his heart beat accelerated. Taehyung's head rolled to the side without Jungkook's own head for support and it was his turn to rest his head on Jungkook's chest. 

Eyes widenening, he pushed the other onto his shoulder instead because one, he'd be more comfortable and two, he didn't want to give people on the bus the wrong idea. Like they were boyfriends, or something. 

Jungkook found himself feeling lightheaded as it came to him that he didn't mind that thought. 

 

 

He heard giggling and he turned around to the group of boys sitting in pairs, one had their phone out and the others were either grinning at Jungkook or raising their eyebrows as if they knew something he didn't. 

Jungkook blinked at them and the one with the phone turned his phone screen so Jungkook could see. He had more than one picture and as he flipped through the pictures one by one, Jungkook froze and all he could see for a second was the pictures that were taken of him. 

Of them

What he saw made his breath hitch and did not help in calming his already racing heart, bringing lots of heat to his face and reddening his cheeks. 

 

In one picture it showed both Jungkook and Taehyung sleeping, faces both dangerously close to one another and the next was one where Taehyung had not moved, but showed Jungkook's head had slightly slipped down and therefore bringing him closer to the other. 

The last picture had Jungkook almost hyperventilating and almost reaching over to grab that phone and deleting all three pictures.

After sending them to himself, of course. 

 

I mean, of course not!

 

The image showed the position they were in when Jungkook woke up. But it came off a lot more intimite than he had initially suspected. He had his face pressed on the top of the other's chest, leaning over the two seats. He had caused Taehyung's head to drop and rest on top of his. 

 

He looked to the boy with wide eyes. Then Jungkook his dry lips, turning away in a hurry with the reddest cheeks. He heard the group laugh teasingly and in a subtle movement, Jungkook had reached over the narrow aisle of the bus suddenly, knocking the phone from the boys hand and into his own. 

Jungkook took the phone in his possesion and quickly pressed the delete button on all three photos, even flicking to the next pictures to make sure there were none more hidden. 

 

The boys were shocked at the sudden movement and reacted a bit too late. Jungkook had deleted all the pictures in record time and almost threw the phone back at them without glancing back.  

 

Due to the sudden jerk, Taehyung groaned and opened his eyes sleepily. 

The boys fell silent as Jungkook shot them all a quick glare as if to tell them that if they spilled anything about the pictures in Taehyung's hearing distancehe was going to have them dead. 

 

"Awake already?" Jungkook chuckled nervously. 

 

Why am I shaking? I'm not nervous, am I?

 

"How long has it been?" Taehyung yawned, covering his mouth and dropping back on the back of his seat. He didn't seem to realise he was leaning on Jungkook and sleeping earlier. Jungkook knows he's going to figure that out later. 

"Uhm, like, uh-" Jungkook cleared his throat awkwardly and he was sure the boys on the other side of the bus was staring at him, watching with amusement. 

Taehyung turned to look at him, "You okay?" 

 

Jungkook swallowed and nodded. 

"Yeah, it's been like, two or three hours?" he answered the question. 

Taehyung only frowned. "Only? How long does it take to get there?" 

Jungkook answered with, "Seven or eight hours from the school. But maybe longer because of weather issues and stuff." he gestured in the air, trying to lose the awkward atmosphere that only he seemed to be feeling. 

 

Taehyung groaned and Jungkook looked away in a hurry, swallowing again and biting his lip. 

 

That sounded way too ual.

 

Jungkook coughed in a weird manner and Taehyung looked at him again. 

"You sure you're okay?" he asks again. 

Jungkook just nodded, flashing the most natural smile he could manage at the time. Which, was not very natural. 

 

Smooth, Jeon Jungkook. 

Jungkook thought sarcastically to himself. 

 

Taehyung kept his eyes on him for a moment longer before turning away to the window suspiciously. 

He lifted his chair back up to a sitting position and Jungkook followed suit. He turned around and stared at the boys behind them before quickly saying in a hushed voice, 

"You better not spread any rumors or something around, you hear me? I know your names. Jackson, Youngjae, Jaebum, Jinyoung and I know you too, Mark." he squinted his eyes at the LA transfer student. 

"Though I didn't think you'd be part of this, gossip club." he added. 

Mark shook his head, but smiled at him. "I'm not!" 

Jungkook leaned back in his seat, "Well, keep your boyfriend in check." he jabbed a finger in Jackson's direction and turned around. 

 

He could almost see Jackson's face pretending to be offended. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Jungkook's face brightened up as soon as the bus pulled to a stop in the woods. 

"We're here! Taehyung, come on, let's go!" Jungkook grabbed his backpack from the top compartment and Taehyung had barely anytime to grab his own before he was pulled out roughly. 

They pushed past people quickly and got out first, despite being somewhere in the back seat. 

 

Taehyung looked around first, but then frowned in distate as soon as he sees a trail of ants crawling over a rock a few metres away. 

"Where is this?" he questioned. 

Jungkook turned around and saw unimpressed Taehyung looking like he just wanted to go back, leave the camping site. 

"Where we'll be camping. We'll be doing lots of-" Jungkook was cut off as Taehyung screamed. 

 

"Oh my- euah! Ack!" 

Taehyung was suddenly attacked by a large fly which took a liking to face and tried to crawl up his nose and when rejected entrance, tried to enter through the other's mouth. 

 

Jungkook couldn't control his laughter and leaned against a random person next to him for support. Upon closer inspection, he realised it was Sehun and pointing in Taehyung's direction, Jungkook continued to laugh. 

 

Offended and hurt, Taehyung rolled his eyes and stomped off to grab his luggage. 

Sehun pushed the laughing boy off his shoulder and smiled at him. He shook his shoulders and chuckled when Jungkook looked up at him, still letting out chuckles and giggles. 

"He's mad now. Go to him, you've done it now." Sehun pushed him lightly and walked over to his boyfriend where Luhan was struggling with three bags. 

Jungkook nodded with a big smile, grabbing the handle of his luggage bag and dragging it across when he saw Taehyung's back walking to the edge of a clearing. 

 

Taehyung was seated on a steep rock overlooking a stream right next to their camping site. Jungkook left his bag on the ground with Taehyung's bags and joined him on the rock. 

He grabbed a branch overhead to steady himself and sat down next to the other, nudging him. 

Taehyung looked at him once, huffed, then turned the other way. 

Jungkook pushed him lightly, "Don't be like that. Come on." 

 

Taehyung's body moved to the side a bit due to Jungkook's push, and Taehyung almost lost it. 

"Wah, wah, WAH! Jeon Jungkook, you keep that up and you're going to end up pushing me in the water!" 

Jungkook shook his head, turning to look at the stream. "You're unbelievable. You'll land on the ground there-" he pointed, "-before you land in the stream." 

Taehyung frowned, "That looks even more painful. Don't you try anything, I'm watching you." 

Jungkook reached out and poked his side and Taehyung flinched comically, almost throwing himself off balance. 

"Stop it!" he said. "I almost fell!" 

"That was your own doing! Don't blame me!" Jungkook said, shifting his position slightly. 

Thinking it was another sort of agitation, Taehyung glared. "Don't touch me." 

Jungkook grinned, "Wasn't going to." 

 

 

 

"You two! Bring you lazy asses over here and help build the tent! Someone grab the rest of the bags with all the food!" they heard Jimin yell. 

Jungkook and Taehyung turned around, "Yeah okay, we'll be there in a minute!" 

"It's the ones with the green tag! It has my name on it and there's two of them! One of them says Yoongi! Look for it and bring it over!" Jimin yelled from the middle of the clearing. 

Taehyung waited for Jungkook to leave the rock first after he yelled back at Jimin, but Jungkook also had the same idea and waited for him to get off. 

 

"Go on." Taehyung said. Then he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "This way I'll know you're not going to try something." 

Jungkook grinned. "I'm not. Why are you thinking that I will?" he said, hopping off the rock with relative ease. 

 

Taehyung moved to jump of the high rock he had climbed on. But he stood with shaky feet and quickly grabbed the branch overhead which Jungkook had grabbed onto earlier. 

"Woah, woah!" Taehyung slid his feet across the rock carefully, only to slip and almost tumble off the rock. 

 

Watching with amusement at first, Jungkook turned worried as he watched the other try to get down, in a dangerous way, if Jungkook had anything to say about it. Taehyung tried another method and crouched down, pulling the overhead branch down with him. 

Jungkook called out to him, "Sit on the rock and slide down." 

Taehyung did as he was told. Well, the first part. He sat down but didn't let go of the branch he was holding but slid down anyway. 

The branch cracked and broke off the tree, causing Taehyung to have a great fright and the sudden contract of the broken branch caused the branch to flick in Taehyung's face. 

The tree at the top where the branch had broken, the leaves started to fall when the branch broke and fell softly on the hair of the other. 

 

Jungkook rushed over, but then laughed upon seeing that he wasn't majorly hurt. 

Taehyung let out an annoyed breath and threw the branch to the side. He brought his gaze to Jungkook and his eyes were bright with amusement. 

 

"Don't you dare start making fun of me. Look, now I'm all dirty and scratched!" he touched his face and ran a hand through his hair.

"That's kind of your fault. Well, it is your fault for climbing up that rock." 

Chuckling lightly, Jungkook started removing the leaves and small twigs out of his hair. His face reddened slightly when he glanced down and saw Taehyung looking at him with a somewhat inquisitive gaze. 

His big eyes made Jungkook's heart start beating a little faster and Jungkook doesn't know what's up with him lately. 

He removed the last leaf from the other's hair and started rearranging it so he didn't look like he tumbled straight out of a bush. 

 

 

"Thank you, Jungkook." he says simply and Jungkook stares down at him. 

His mouth felt dry and he his lips. "T-That's alright. I-I mean, it's no big deal-" 

Taehyung blinked at him, smirking. 

"This is all your fault. So you're going to have to grab the bags with the food by yourself." 

Jungkook eyes widened, and he blinked back at him too. 

"W-What? Excuse me?!" Jungkook exclaimed. 

 

Taehyung jumped up laughing, "Thank's Jungkookie! Two bags, remember!" 

He threw his arms around the other quickly, laughing and running off playfully. 

Jungkook became even more stunned as he stood still in that one spot. He swore Taehyung's body heat was the reason for his suddenly hot cheeks and sweaty palms. 

 

But what about the rapid beating of his heart? 

For that, Jungkook decided that didn't need an answer to that for the moment as nothing logical came to him then, now sitting on the ground while he was still dazed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

Hello

An update for you guys since some seemed a bit excited

I hope you enjoyed the chapter

I would really appreciate it if you'd let me take my time with writing this story as I'm going to start getting a bit busy from now. I dont think there will be many long breaks in between in chapter but just a warning for you that updates will get a bit less frequent

Dont worry though I'll update for you since it's getting into an exciting bit

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye