Omigosh, Jungkook

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Taehyung opened his eyes and the first thing he heard was the water running in the shower. It was a weekend, so there was no classes for either him nor Jungkook. 

He slowly dragged his body upright and swung his feet off the side of the bed. Getting up with half-lidded eyes, he didn't see a thick textbook lying on the floor and walked right over it. The edge of the book scratching his foot painfully and he frowned immediately, mouth opening and agonising in silence. 

"Must be Jungkook doing his work late at night again." he ruffled his hair and picked up the book

He threw it on Jungkook's desk from the middle of the room where he was standing and it landed with a loud whack. Taehyung jumped in fright, not expecting the book to make such a loud noise. After recovering from the small shock, he was fully awake and walked to grab some clothes, intending to shower when Jungkook got out. 

That was scary. 

Taehyung thought, as he calmed his shocked self from the sudden sound. 

 

Jungkook turned off the water and stepped out of the shower fully clothed with wet hair. 

"Oh, hello hyung!" he waved and smiled

"Yeah, hi." he nodded at him 

As Taehyung walked past Jungkook, Jungkook decided to shake his head from side-to-side, shaking water from his hair and landing some droplets on Taehyung's face. 

"Ah! What the fu- Stop it!" he waved in arms downwards uselessly and ran into the bathroom for cover

Laughing, Jungkook dried his hair with the towel around his shoulders and proceeded to walk to his desk. He sat down and saw a reminder on a post-it note he wrote the night before. 

 

Swim competition

Nominations to be handed in during the week

Nominate for - none

 

Jungkook nodded at himself when he saw he reminded himself to not volunteer for any event ever again, remembering and noting down his hopelessness in swimming. 

He remembered his really bad belly flop the year before and ended up having a stomachache for the rest of the day. He resorted to wrapping up ice in a towel and resting it on his stomach when he got home. 

 

Taehyung got out of the shower relatively quickly and looked like he was about to leave to go somewhere. 

"You have plans today?" Jungkook asked from his position in his chair

"Oh yeah. Apparently your couple friends were going out for a date today and Hoseok wanted someone else to hang out with him." Taehyung explained. "He said he didn't want to be alone." 

 

Jungkook felt hurt. 

Not so much as the prospect of Taehyung hanging out with Hoseok. Well, a little bit. But he was a bit bothered to know that Hoseok didn't call him

They were good friends before. Why didn't he call along Jungkook too? Why did he only call Taehyung? They were friends before Hoseok and Jungkook befriended Taehyung. 

Jungkook felt left out. His disappointment showed on his face and wasn't unnoticed by Taehyung.

 

"You okay? Don't you have plans as well?" 

Jungkook shook his head and spun his chair around to face the desk, away from Taehyung

"No." he said flatly 

Taehyung realised the situation quickly and felt a bit bad. He spoke up, "Jungkookie, I'm sorry." 

Jungkook frowned but didn't turn around. "For what?" he mumbled, a bit sadly

"I feel like I'm stealing your friend. Come with us." he said truthfully and offered

Jungkook, ignoring the first sentence, replied. 

"No." he repeated. "He didn't invite me. He probably didn't want me to come anyway." he said bitterly

 

Taehyung by then was just radiating sadness from behind Jungkook. He knew Jungkook was hurt by the fact that he was being neglected by his friend for him. Jungkook also realised something about Taehyung. 

He realised that Taehyung showed his feelings openly. He was also a very truthful and honest person. Slowly, bit by bit, he was starting to get to know him. 

 

"Just go. I'll be fine alone." he muttered, opening a book and started to read. He felt a bit sad, sitting alone on a Saturday with no plans. Hung down with the fact that his best friend had not even called him to hang out with him on the Saturday he was alone. 

 

Taehyung opened his mouth to answer but a call stopped him from doing so. 

"Hoseok hyung?" he answered

Jungkook's mood just got worse. 

Taehyung replied with simple "Mhmm. Okay. Yeah." But when the short conversation continued, Taehyung seemed hesitant about something and looked like he wanted to speak that something. 

 

"Hoseok hyung, do you have anyone else to hang out with today?" he asked

"What? Well.. yeah, I guess. I know Chanyeol isn't doing anything today. Baek's out to visit his parents. Also Namjoon is free too, I'm pretty sure." 

Taehyung looked relieved and spoke, "Sorry, hyung. I think I'm going to stay with Jungkook for today. I think he needs someone, he looks a bit sad." 

Jungkook spun around to face him with wide eyes. 

"Is he okay? What happened? You and I can hang out later today. I'm free the whole day." 

"Okay, thanks hyung. Sorry, but I won't be there today. We can hang out next week. Or tomorrow even." Taehyung looked at Jungkook and smiled, before returning his attention to the phone. 

"Okay, bye. Yeah. Sure, sorry about that. Jungkook will be fine. Bye hyung." he hung up and Jungkook continued to look at him. 

 

Taehyung walked over to his bed and plopped himself down. "So, let's talk. I know it's about me and Hoseok isn't it? I'm pretty quick at these things." 

He looked ridiculously proud. 

Jungkook's eyes went back to it's normal size and he lower his gaze before flicking them back up to meet Taehyung's eyes. Then he quickly reverted his gaze back to the book. 

 

So, he was sharp at picking things up. 

 

"Sorry for stealing your friend. I didn't mean to. But really, I think he should've invited you too." he lay on his back

Jungkook said nothing and continued to read. Well, not really. His attention was on Taehyung, even though he wasn't looking at him. 

"Maybe he thought you were busy?" he suggested

Jungkook shrugged. "I don't think so. I think he likes spending more time with you than me." he replied

"Oh, don't be like that. If you're going to continue like that, I'll take you outside to eat." 

 

Like a date? Oh wait, of course not. The boy is straight. Supposedly. 

 

"I'm fine. You didn't have to do that. Now Hoseok hyung is going to ask me questions." he scrunched up his nose, thinking of what to say to Hoseok when he got questioned

But he felt slightly happy to know that Taehyung would ditch a meeting with someone just to stay with him. Jungkook then realised that it was only because he probably felt sorry for him because he had no one on this particular Saturday and appeared sad. 

He said this thought to Taehyung. "You feel pity for me right now, don't you? Alone on a Saturday." 

"What, no! I don't feel pity for you. I feel a bit uncomfortable if I leave you here to be sad alone when I'm out having fun." he replied

"Oh really now?" Jungkook smirked

"Yeah! Really! Well, I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a bit bad and guilty." he defended and spoke truthfully

Jungkook started to laugh and Taehyung smiled to himself at having pulled the younger boy out of his temporary sadness. 

 

The post-it note stuck in front of Jungkook on the wall, detached itself and floated down onto the desk. 

Taehyung looked over curriously, "What's that?" 

"Oh, it's just a reminder about the swimming competition." Jungkook restuck the post-it on the wall. 

Taehyung suddenly looked excited. "Oh! Swimming competition! Sounds fun!" he leaned over from the bed to read the note, which consisted of little information about the actual competition, besides the fact that nominations have to be in by the week and that Jungkook wasn't going for any event. 

 

"You don't swim?" he frowned and turned to Jungkook 

"Oh no, I hate it." Jungkook shook his head in disapproval 

Taehyung slumped his shoulders, "I love it! If you can't swim well, I can teach you! Hey, we can even enter an event together. We can race, how about that?" he said, slowly brightening as he said the idea

Jungkook shook his head again, "How about no. I'm not participating in the competition. You go ahead, I'll watch from the side." 

"That's no fun. Well then, suit yourself. Make sure to watch me! I'm fabulous!" Taehyung said, pumped

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. Fabulous? Okay, Jungkook questioned Taehyung's uality again like he had done so many times before. 

 

"Well then, you better hand in your nomination form before all the events are filled out." 

"What?! Where's the form? Do you have it?" 

"No. You can collect it from the receptionist." 

"Okay thanks, come with me!" 

"What? Now? Hey, stop omigosh, you're grabbing my arm too tightly!" 

"Sorry, sorry, now move quickly!" 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"HAZZAH! Hatatata! HAZZAH! Huhuhuhu!" Taehyung jumped up and down, flailed his arms, swung them side-to-side, pumped his fist, rolled his body into a wave and danced like a madman. 

Jungkook could only watch, smiling and laughing awkwardly as he witnessed the scene. 

"Taehyung, stop." Jungkook said

Taehyung stopped whatever dance he was doing to look at Jungkook, flashing a bright smile. 

"Oh my gosh, Jungkook! I'm in the events!" he jumped off the bed he was previously messing up with his movements, grabbing both of Jungkook's wrists from the front and swung them excitedly

Jungkook's body shook as Taehyung didn't let him go and started bounding up and down on the spot, swinging his wrists up and down and swinging them left and right. 

"Taehyung, come on that's enough. You're acting as if you've never been in water." he rolled his eyes but laughed as Taehyung let him go and did a spin. 

"But don't you see? My previous school stopped the annual swim competition and I always won. You have no idea how sad I was for the next week." he said

Jungkook looked at him pointedly, "Are you sure you're that good?" 

Taehyung brought his hand to his chest dramatically and did his best to look offended. "Oh, of course! Jungkookie, you did not just ask me that!" 

Jungkook giggled girlishly, before stopping himself and cleared his throat. 

"So let's see, you've signed up for freestyle, butterfly and backstroke." Jungkook counted the events on his fingers. 

"I've also put my name down for the team games." Taehyung added in

Jungkook nodded, "Okay then. I'll be spectating from the sides." 

"You won't miss my races, right? Watch me win!" Taehyung said, pointing a finger at him

Nodding again, Jungkook said, "Yeah, of course I'll be there. I think Hoseok will also partipate-" he stopped short at the mention of his friend's name and suddenly felt sad at the indirect but ultimate rejection from him earlier that day. 

Taehyung seemed to notice and walked over to him, whacking his back so hard that Jungkook jerked forward rather comically with eyes that shot wide open. 

"Ah! Hyung what the heck?!" he swung his arm behind him rather uselessly at Taehyung, who only had to lean back to avoid the swinging hand, and laughed.

"Forget him for now. He seems to make you sad right now. Let's dance!" Taehyung pulled Taehyung to the floor and started to dance crazily, just as he did before. 

 

"HAZZAH!" He pulled his arms in to his body before sticking them out in the air again, walking around half crouching and making Jungkook start laughing until his stomach hurt. 

While watching, Jungkook realised another thing. He realised he was witnessing the real Taehyung. The 4D alien boy. 

 

His 4D alien boy. 

Somehow, this moment and realisation seemed precious. Jungkook found himself wanting to be the only one who saw this side of him. If you asked him why, he wouldn't have been able to reply. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Okay! Up, up, up! Come on!" the swim coach yelled at the students in the outdoor pool. 

Taehyung burst from the water and shook himself off. It's been another few weeks and that afternoon the swimming competition was going to be held. He was excited. The competition had to be postponed a few weeks because of the weather and that got him down for a little bit. 

He smiled thinking about the people he asked to come watch him swim. 

So, there's Hoseok, Jimin, Yoongi, Baekhyun and Chanyeol too. Hmm.. Jungkookie! Yes, he'll be there too! 

 

"Taehyung! Out, now and head to the showers! Get a bit of rest before the actual competition! You're competing right? Come on, quickly!" the coach yelled

"Yes, sir!" he hurriedly pushed himself up and out of the pool, grabbing his towel in his bag by the bench before heading off to the showers. 

My gosh, why is he shouting at me. 

Upon entering the showers, he saw two couples just making out in front of the bathroom stalls next to the showers and quickly averted his gaze. 

Yeah, I'm so not used to this school yet. All this stuff just happening-

With thoughts in his head, he walked right into another person coming out of the showers. 

"Oh, - I mean, uh, sorry!" 

He moved past the other student quickly but carefully, feeling uncomfortable as the guy made little effort to move out of the way and stared just a little bit too long. 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung waited by the door, bag in hand and ready to leave for the bus waiting to take everyone there to the competition venue. 

"Jungkook!" he called

"Yes! Coming!" he ran out of the bathroom, hand in his hair and trying to finish up styling it while he ran, about to leave for the swimming competition with Taehyung. 

Taehyung grinned and took the things Jungkook was holding in his other free hand, the other tangled in his hair.  

 

"Why are you bringing so much stuff? You don't need a water bottle. Or a towel. Why do you have goggles? Is that sunscreen?"

Taehyung looked up from the bag he was looking into and holding in one hand while holding onto Jungkook's water bottle and white towel in the other hand. 

"Jungkook, if I didn't know better, I would think you're the one that's going to be to swimming." he said, noting the goggles and towel and the sunscreen.

 

I mean, what for?

 

"That's not for me." Jungkook stated, taking a look in the mirror and shifting his bangs to the side. "It's for you. You're going to be in a lot of races and there are big intervals between each one. Your towel will probably become wet and damp and that's not going to be nice everytime you want to use it after your first race." 

Taehyung blinked at him in surprise, in awe and feeling touched at how much Jungkook thought ahead for him. 

"And this two litre bottle? I'm pretty sure you don't need so much when spectators will be in the shaded areas. So, what about this sunscreen too?" he asked 

Jungkook straightened and looked at him again. 

"That's also for you. It's right smack in the middle of the afternoon in an outdoor pool. You're going to need that sunscreen. And I saw the size of your water bottle yesterday. With the amount of races you're in, you'll need a lot more water." Jungkook stated. "So, I'll sit somewhere where you can see me, so come and find me when you finish all your water in that tiny thing." 

Jungkook pointed to Taehyung's own bottle he was holding. Taehyung looked down at it before bringing his gaze back to Jungkook, "Hey! Come on, it's the only one I have." he rolled his eyes

"That's why I brought this one." Jungkook pointed at the bottle in Taehyung's hand

Taehyung did his little scoff and laugh at the same time before trying but failing to run his hands through his hair while holding the huge mass of stuff. 

He grinned then. "Thanks, Jungkookie." 

Jungkook smiled back before grabbing his bag from Taehyung and stuffing the rest of the items in it, freeing Taehyung's hands. 

 

"We'd better go now, then. Don't want the bus to leave us behind. You can say bye to your medals if we stay here any longer." 

Taehyung's eyes then widened before grabbing Jungkook's arm and pulling him to the door. "Let's hurry, then!" 

"Let me put on my shoes." 

"Oh, for crying out loud!" 

"Hey!" 

"Hey, what? I'm your hyung!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

They managed to get on the bus in time and when they arrived twenty minutes later at the venue with the rest of the other teenagers from Bangtan, the ones that were competing were told to go a separate direction to get changed into their swimming gear. 

"Good luck in your swim races, Taehyung! I'll sit somewhere in your view so come to me when you need the spare towel and water!" Jungkook called out, slipping the pair of goggles into Taehyung's half-open bag secretly. 

He knew the other boy didn't have one and he packed his own untouched one for Taehyung instead. It wasn't like he would be needing them for himself anyway. 

 

"Yeah! Thanks, Jungkook!" Taehyung said, running off as the coach yelled for the swimmers to hurry up and a teacher herded the rest of the student population into the spectator sections where they could sit and relax and cheer. 

The swimming competition required compulsory attendance from all students and Jungkook never participated, except for the two times a few years back where he made a complete fool out of himself as well as the year before, showing off his lack of swimming skills. 

 

Jungkook sat himself in a shaded area in a high place, making sure to keep the pool in full view so Taehyung could see him. 

"Kookie baby!" someone yelled from his left

He turned to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun waving at hin enthusiatically. 

Instantly recognising Baekhyun's voice, he waved the couple over. Jimin and Yoongi joined them later. 

Jungkook felt weird, being in between two couples that were his friends. 

"Where's Luhan and Sehun?" Jungkook said

"They're both competing together in the team races and Sehun's off to race in one of the big events as well." Chanyeol answered him

Jungkook nodded his head before spotting Taehyung with Hoseok near the smaller pool next to the main pool, about to get in to warm up their bodies for their races. 

He felt his mood drop a little, not seeming to be able to let go off the fact that he was practically ignored by him to go out alone with Taehyung. Did Hoseok like Taehyung? 

Jungkook turned away as they both got in the pool for their warm up drills. Instead, he turned to Baekhyun sitting next to him and started to have a conversation with him about which eyeliner suited who. 

 

 

 

After about fifteen to twenty-five miutes, the first participants were ready for their race. Taehyung, being one of the first competitors, he looked towards the stands where the spectators were, some interested while some didn't care. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He seemed to be looking for someone and scanned the stands quickly before landing his gaze on Jungkook. He smiled and waved, making weird gestures with his hands and directing them at himself, seeming to indicate to Jungkook to watch him swim. 

 

He then lifted his hand to show Jungkook the black goggles he put in his bag secretly earlier and moouthed, 'Is this yours?' 

Jungkook only laughed light-heartedly and waved back, nodding to him. Taehyung smiled at him then, showing his thanks when Hoseok called him over. 

Jungkook's smile stayed on his face as he watched Taehyung prepare for his first race.

The coaches told them to take their places by the diving board and the participants stripped off their shirts, ready to swim in their swimming gear. 

Jungkook's eyes found Taehyung's body as he held onto Jungkook's own black goggles, putting them around his neck and taking off his own white shirt. He didn't know what came over him as he couldn't bring himself to take his gaze away. 

Taehyung put his shirt where his other things were, his facing the sun as he bent down to put it away. 

 

When he turned around, his abs was in full view for Jungkook to witness and the sun beating down on him made him seem to glow unrealistically in the light. 

To Jungkook, anyway. 

 

Slowly, he felt his face heat up. He felt hot all of a sudden. Continuing to stare at Taehyung taking his place behind the diving board, his face continued to become hotter and redder by the second. Jungkook found himself not being able to cool down, let alone stop the heat from flowing into his cheeks. 

Something felt weird and he continued to heat up. Feeling a bit light-headed all of a sudden, he blinked rapidly and felt something dripping down his face from his nose. 

He cursed loudly upon realising what was happening. 

"! Fu-" he bent over and covered his nose and mouth with a hand before standing up in a hurry. 

He turned and ran away from his friends, making sure no one could see the blood staining his hands and around the bottom half of his face. 

Yes. Jeon Jungkook's nose was bleeding. 

It was all Kim Taehyung's fault. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook ran to the bathroom when he found out where it was actually located and the tap. He locked the bathroom door upon entering to prevent anyone from witnessing the embarrasing situation he got himself into. 

It was hilarious. 

He washed his hands and face and leant over the bathroom sink, stopping his nose bleed before lifting his head up to look in the mirror. He looked at himself and laughed. 

"So, Kim Taehyung managed to make my nose bleed twice unintentionally. But this is such a different case." Jungkook said to himself, embarrassed at the situation himself. 

His face heated up again upon thinking back to the image of Taehyung's bare top. "Omigosh." he managed to stop the heat this time by splashing his face with cold water. 

It would be even more embarrassing to have his nose bleed twice in the same thirty-minutes. 

He sighed, realising that he missed Taehyung's first race because of this. He didn't think he could handle watching Taehyung swimming in the water when he couldn't even handle seeing Taehyung standing still. 

 

Without his shirt. 

 

So, that was reason enough for Jungkook. At the very least, he could go back out to watch the rest of Taehyung's races for him. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook felt his cheeks getting red as his thoughts drifted back again. 

"Omigosh, Jungkook, stop this right now." he said to himself incredulously. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

Hello

I hope you enjoyed this update

Hope you all had a little laugh and this idea came to me quite suddenly and I thought it was pretty funny. 

You may look forward to more funny moments and different ideas i have in store. 

 

I'd like to say thank you for the 100+ subscribers at this point. A long update for you guys to say thank you. 

I hope the background and the poster brings fluffy feelings. 

Leave a comment to say what you thought of this!

Bye