Bonus Chapter

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A lot of things have changed since college.

 

A lot.

 

It’s probably because his clique of friends and him had grown up, to become an adult and a better person. He had been such an awful in high school, moreover college, and now he’s looking over the scenery outside his office. Slightly leaning on the marble desk, he crosses his arms against his chest. He never knew he would be this successful in the present, because if he had kept up with that ty attitude he had in college—he would’ve been a mess.

 

Surely, he had to thank Sehun. His friend, Oh Sehun, had changed his perspective towards everything in life. He wonders if Sehun is doing well. He hasn’t been keeping up with his friends— it, he doesn’t even have a proper social life. Him, a CEO of a successful company, is, well, a loner.

 

Just as he thinks further about his past, a knock on the door interrupts his little thought as his secretary’s face appear behind the door. “Sir.”

 

“Is it time for lunch already?” He asks, and his secretary nods politely. “Alright then! Let’s go and have some lunch.”

 

His secretary blinks, taken aback as he stutters. “Y-yes, sir.”

 

 

“Is it odd, the fact that you’re older than me but you’re calling me ‘sir’?” He shoves both of his hands inside his pockets, walking beside his secretary along the streets of Seoul. “You could call me by my name if you want.”

 

His secretary, Minseok, chuckles. “I don’t have any other choice, sir.”

 

“Well,” He runs his fingers through the snowy white locks of his hair. “Whatever floats your boat, Minseok?”

 

Minseok, in return, coughs awkwardly at his boss’ sudden behaviour. The man can’t seem to stop talking as he chews on his food at the same time and Minseok gapes at him, amused.

 

When the said boss stops talking, though, Minseok clears his throat. “Sir, may I ask you a question?”

 

“Shoot.”

 

“Why…” He starts, “Why are you suddenly so, kind?”

 

His boss laughs. “Well, I don’t have friends. And I suddenly thought that I needed one. Voila.”

“What about your old friends?” Minseok curiously asks. “In school? Or in your university?”

 

“I had some friends,” His boss shrugs. “They come and go. I miss them, though.”

 

Deciding he could go any further, Minseok figures he could ask personal questions—or probably he could get stabbed by his strict boss. “Why don’t you have lunch with your… wife?”

 

His boss, however, laughs loudly—catching everyone’s attention. Including the professional chef in the corner. Minseok cowers and hides his face in embarrassment. Just what is going on with his boss?

 

“I don’t have one.” A playful q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter