Chapter 2

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 2011

 

“Do you have any plans for your future, Chanyeol?”

 

They were simply lying on the hood of Chanyeol’s car, gazing at the stars above them as Baekhyun rested his head on Chanyeol’s bare chest. His fingers twiddled with the hem of Chanyeol’s jeans and Chanyeol was holding his other hand tightly. Baekhyun couldn’t remember the countless amount of time they had been having in Chanyeol’s car, and he felt bad for himself because he never got the chance to experience the real feeling of being appreciated and truly loved.

 

“Mhm, I don’t have any choice when it comes to my future job.” His tall boyfriend said, the sound of the midnight ocean waves lulling him to sleep. “I’d have to inherit my dad’s company.”

 

Baekhyun hummed, understanding and never complaining. He looked up to have a clearer view of Park Chanyeol—the man he fell in love with, the man who had never taken him out to a proper date in public, the man who never wanted to be seen with him in front of everyone else. But then again, he was the man that Baekhyun loved. “How about your future family, then?”

 

“I wanna get married, have twins and be happy.” Chanyeol chuckles at the thought. He would most certainly want a perfect, beautiful wife and two little boys running around the house—but he wouldn’t want to tell Baekhyun the specific details upon his future wife. He wanted a wife, not a husband.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes twinkled and shimmer under the moonlight, softly kissing the edge of Chanyeol’s jaw as the latter closed his eyes in appreciation of the much-needed warmth. “Will I be the one who would make you happy?”

 

He wanted to laugh. Byun Baekhyun was so pathetic. “Of course, babe.”

 

 

July 2011

 

Baekhyun hid himself behind the doors, silently eavesdropping to Chanyeol’s conversation with his group of friends. He saw how the girl by his side was clinging onto him—just like how Baekhyun clung onto him when they were together (were they even together?) and Chanyeol was holding her by her waist, proudly showing her off to his friends.

 

The brunet wanted to walk away, as his tears were already blurring his vision, but Kris Wu’s voice had stopped him from moving.

 

“What happened to your little boyfriend, that small boy?”

 

The next thing he heard was Chanyeol’s well-known scoff, the girl’s irritating giggle and Kris Wu’s laugh.

 

“What boyfriend?”

 

 

 

August 2011

 

“B-Baby… are you in there? I’m alone here. I’m sorry for not eating well and taking a good care of you. We’ll get through this…”

 

 

July 2014

 

“Jun, Jae—come on, daddy’s gonna be late for work!”

 

Baekhyun hastily grabs onto his files, burnt toast stuffed into his mouth as he runs around in the house, panicking. His twins, Junhyun and Jaehyun, are currently munching on their breakfast with no care about the world as they both watch their father running back and forth. Typical daddy. Jaehyun giggles when Baekhyun almost trips on the strawberry jam that he had thrown on the floor from his baby chair and his father hisses playfully. “Jae!”

 

The two-year old boys cackle in unison and clap their hands as if their daddy is performing a one-man show but Baekhyun has been struggling to send them to their daycare and show up at his office on time. Baekhyun gives up, sighing but smiles when Junhyun offers him a slice of his sausage. The brunet leans down, pretends to chew on his son’s chubby fingers as he feeds him and kisses Junhyun’s head.

 

“Come on now, Jun. Wouldn’t yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter