Chapter 19

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Fate’s really unfair.” Baekhyun shrugs after he explains how he ended up being his ex-boyfriend’s wedding planner. “But hey. Things happen for a reason, don’t they?”

 

Kyungsoo pouts, his bottom lip jutting out adorably as his eyes water—it’s a rather amusing sight for Baekhyun to see his best friend become emotional from listening to him talking about his life. The seemingly hormonal pregnant man begins to sob, standing up from his bed with his arms wide opened to trap his best friend in his embrace. 

 

“My poor child,” Kyungsoo weeps, wrapping his arms tightly around his best friend’s shoulders. “I’m a bad friend! I wasn’t there for you when all of these things happened, I’m so sorry.”

 

“It’s okay,” Baekhyun laughs, shaking his head at his friend’s exaggerated (but nevertheless, cute) antics. “It’s not your fault that I slept with an a few years ago. But I just got to ask for one single favour. Think of it as your token of…apology.”

 

Kyungsoo nods, wiping his tears and snot on Baekhyun’s shoulder pads of his suit—making the latter groan in disgust. “What is it?”

 

“I get to be this little sunshine’s godfather.” Baekhyun smirks playfully, patting the baby bump under Kyungsoo’s huge patient’s robe. “Deal?”

 

“Deal!” Kyungsoo exclaims, flashing him the brightest grin despite being tired. “Thank you, Baekhyun. I don’t know how I’m going to go through all of this without you being here to help me. I’m so glad you’re back.”

 

“I’m not going anywhere.” Baekhyun smiles reassuringly. “Although I do have to go now. Chanyeol is going to think I went to China.”

 

Kyungsoo’s grin slowly turns into a tight frown, looking at his best friend with a disapproving look. “Be careful. I don’t want you falling for him all over again. Cheaters would eventually cheat again.”

 

“We weren’t even officially together. Technically, he didn’t cheat on me.” Baekhyun sighs. “But don’t worry. I won’t. It’s you that I’m worried about…t-there’s something I need to tell you about Sehun.”

 

At the mention of Kyungsoo’s boyfriend, Baekhyun notices that his friend was quiet. “Is everything okay with your relationship?”

 

“Everything’s fine,” Kyungsoo lies – or at least he tries to. Baekhyun could always sense when he’s lying or not. Kyungsoo is a terrible liar.

 

“No it isn’t.” Baekhyun whispers. “Kyungsoo, I have this friend… His name is Lu Han. He’s—”

 

“Currently dating Sehun, I know,” His best friend says, eyes shut closed as if he’s in pain.  “I know.”

 

“Then why are you still—”

 

“Kyungsoo!”

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo turn to the door only to see Sehun with his hands on his knees, panting heavily. “Oh my god, baby, where did you go? I looked everywhere for you!”

 

Baekhyun purses his lip, eyeing Sehun with a wary look but decides to give the couple some space nonetheless. “I have to go now. Take care.”

 

His best friend nods, walking over to the door to send him out. Sehun holds onto Kyungsoo’s hand, as if not letting him go any further. He gives Baekhyun one last look before closing the door.

 

Still holding onto his hand, Sehun brings him back to the bed. He’s treating Kyungsoo like he’s some kind of fragile glass – it annoys the out of him. Kyungsoo yanks his hand away, opting to get some sleep rather than having the talk that they have been avoiding for too long.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Sehun whispers, tracing his finger on Kyungsoo’s cheek. “Talk to me, please.”

 

“Let me sleep.” Kyungsoo says as he hides under the sheets. “You can go home if you want. You don’t have to force yourself to stay here – I know you don’t want to.”

 

“I’m staying,” He sighs, trying to pull onto the bed sheets. “Baby, look at me.”

 

Kyungsoo tries to push his boyfriend away as he sits up on the bed, finally facing him. “What do you want me to say?”

 

“Why… Why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant?” Sehun asks, gulping. “Were you ever going to tell me?”

 

“…No,” Kyungsoo mumbles.

 

Sehun’s gaze softens as he reaches his hand out to cradle Kyungsoo’s face. “Why not?”

 

“Because you wanted to break up with me,” Kyungsoo croaks out, his eyes watering once again. “I know you wanted to. You can’t take it all back just because you found out that I’m carrying your child.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Is the only thing Sehun says before he pulls Kyungsoo into his embrace despite the smaller man’s protests. “I’m so sorry for the things I did to you – but please believe me when I say that I want to be there for you.”

 

“If you do, you wouldn’t have cheated on me, would you?” Kyungsoo smiles sadly as he pulls away. “You wouldn’t have hurt me.”

 

Sehun’s eyes prickled with sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter