Chapter 15

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll be right back!”

 

Chanyeol hears his former best friend exclaim before closing the door with a loud thud, startling Baekhyun who stands still by his table. Chanyeol is no longer holding onto him, but his hands are awkwardly hanging mid-air. They both watch as Kris spins around with fake joy, sighing when his eyes lay upon Baekhyun’s surprised smile.

 

Kris grins. “Hello, honey.”

 

“Shut up,” Baekhyun deadpans, and Chanyeol feels the littlest bits of satisfaction as Baekhyun continues to disregard the arrogant male standing by the closed doors. “Who do you think you are, disturbing me at work like this—in front of my client and in my own office? Why are you even here, Mr Wu?”

 

“How could you talk to your loved one like that,” Kris huffs, stomping his right foot on the floor like a child, eyeing the smaller man with a disappointed look. “I will deal with you later. But for now…”

 

And the sly grin reappears once Kris switches his gaze from his so-called future husband to his so-called good friend. “What are you doing here, my great, great friend?”

 

“Uh, I…I’m Baekh—Mr Byun’s client.” Chanyeol stammers, “I’m getting married soon…”

 

“Oh! Really, that’s amazing! Congratulations. Never knew the college douche would settle down,” Kris seems fairly surprised – Chanyeol considered thanking him, even; if not for his sarcastic (and offensive) comment that followed his congratulatory wish.

 

Chanyeol hears how Baekhyun nervously laughs, trying to wave off Kris’ insult as a joke. “Whoops! Look at the time now, I think you both better go. Mr Park, I’ll see you tomorrow. As for you, Mr Wu—”

 

“—Shh, honey, not now. I’m having an important conversation with Mr Park here.” Kris interrupts his speech with a wink. “We’ll have our pillow talk soon, yes?”

 

Baekhyun gapes at him in disbelief, horribly assaulted and embarrassed. “What—”

 

“So you’re getting married…” Kris ignores Baekhyun’s stuttered rambles as he continues speaking. “Who is the lucky bride—or groom, considering your sudden change during college days…” He softly says as he glances at Baekhyun’s confused frown. “Who are you marrying, Mr Park?”

 

Chanyeol, clearly taken aback, regains his scarred ego once he clears his throat. “Chaeyoung; I’m getting married to Chaeyoung. You remember her, don’t you?”

 

“Of course,” Kris’ brows furrow, staring at Chanyeol with a scowl – before he smirks. “How could I possibly forget the one you left my dearest Baekhyun for?”

 

Thus before Chanyeol could say anything even further, Kris harshly yanks onto Baekhyun’s arms as he pulls him out of the door, laughing when Baekhyun starts to yell in protest and objection.

 

Chanyeol, however, inevitably thinks about Kris’ piercing words in his mind before he falls, knees first, onto the cold ground.

 

 

 

 

 

A slap on his face greets him right after he stopped dragging onto the smaller male.

 

“I guess I do deserve that,” Yi Fan sighs, holding onto his jaw and torn bottom lip. “Gah, why did you have to hit me that hard?”

 

“That’s for barging into my office, uninvited.” Baekhyun hisses, this time smacking his palm onto Yi Fan’s forehead. “That’s for dragging me out of my own office, without my consent.”

 

Last, but definitely not least, he throws a punch on Yi Fan’s stomach, earning a groan from the latter. “That’s for calling me ‘honey’.”

 

“I saved you,” Yi Fan pouts, still rubbing on his jaw. “You should’ve thanked me for saving you from that . I can’t believe you still kept in touch with that guy.”

 

Baekhyun stills for a moment, trying to sink in the information of Yi Fan knowing about their past. “You knew? How did you…”

 

“I was his friend,” Yi Fan softly explains, “Of course I knew. I knew everything—well, almost everything. I don’t really know why he started dating you when we all thought he was straight as hell.”

 

“I thought so, too…” Baekhyun murmurs; slightly distracted by Yi Fan’s sudden explanation. “But…you… How did you know about me and him? I thought you didn’t remember me? You said that you remember Chaeyoung, too. I thought you didn’t know her when we both met her at the hall.”

 

“I didn’t—it’s been so long ago, I even almost forgot who Chaeyoung was. She seemed to have forgotten about me, too…” The taller man mutters, unlocking his car and pushing Baekhyun in shot gun. Once they’re properly seated, he twists the key in—the rough purr of the engine making Baekhyun flinch. “Put on your seatbelt.”

 

“Where the hell are you taking me? I still have work, douche bag.” He pulls on Yi Fan’s earlobe. The taller man shrieks. “Tell me how you remembered all of this !”

 

“I have my ways!” Kris yells, pushing Baekhyun away roughly. “Dear ing god, stop it! Put on your ing seatbelt!”

 

Baekhyun stubbornly fights back and shoves Kris’ hands out of his way. “No! Let me go, Kris Wu, now or I swear I’ll—”

 

“—I know that Chanyeol is the father of your kids!”

 

Baekhyun stops thrashing against Kris’ arms in the front seat, stops talking, stops breathing all together as his eyes widen; his past now being exposed. “I…”

 

“He got you pregnant, didn’t he? That son of a ,” Kris clicks on his tongue, the gaze in his eyes no longer soft and mellow. “And you didn’t even tell him.”

 

“How did you know all of this? Who the hell are you?!” Baekhyun cries in frustration. “Stop it, Kris, you’re creeping me out!”

 

“Let me tell you this; after you left, Chanyeol was a miserable . He ditched his girlfriend like she was some kind of dirt and you know where he went?” Kris leans in nearer, grabbing Baekhyun by his collars. “Gyeonggi-do. The place Sehun’s stupid boyfriend kept on going during the holidays—to visit you.”

 

“He left his girlfriend and his friends for weeks, Baekhyun. No one knew where he went, but Kyungsoo and I were pretty sure he went to search for you.” Kris’ harsh grip on Baekhyun’s collar falters, this time his hands reach up to hold lightly onto Baekhyun’s face. “Poor Chaeyoung had to wait for him, not knowing where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter