Chapter 11

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He is just the dreamiest guy I have ever met.”

 

Baekhyun nods while he plays with Jaehyun’s hair, unconsciously braiding the thin hair as his son squirms in his arms. He glances at the blabbering Lu Han, who seems to be talking endlessly, squishing the whining Junhyun who pulls onto Lu Han’s ears as revenge. “He literally buys me everything and takes me out every day! Gosh, Baekhyun – I’m so in love…”

 

“Calm down,” Baekhyun chuckles; Jaehyun starts to fall asleep in his embrace, unaffected by the noises – though Junhyun seems to be suffering as Lu Han squeezes him even more, suffocating him with smooches. “You’re torturing my son. Look at the poor creature.”

 

“Appa…” Junhyun whines, trying to escape from Lu Han’s traps of coos, crawling on the floor to his father. Baekhyun laughs at his son’s behaviour, standing up to place Jaehyun comfortably on the couch before he widens his opened arms, grinning as Junhyun races into his arms immediately. “Aw, teacher Lu Han was torturing my poor baby, wasn’t he?”

 

Junhyun nods against his clothed chest, pouting. Baekhyun playfully blows air into Junhyun’s ears, whispering, “Appa will teach him a lesson for you.”

 

“Baekhyun!” Lu Han grumbles, “You’re not listening!”

 

“I was just calming my son down from the traumatic experience he had – trapped under your armpits like that, geez,” Baekhyun teases. “Besides, you’ve been swooning over this man for almost an hour now. Aren’t you tired?”

 

“How can I be tired?” Lu Han sighs dreamily, gazing at the stars lighting up the darkened sky. “I’m… I’ve never felt like this before.”

 

Baekhyun swallows the insensitive retort that he was planning to say; that the feeling Lu Han was drowning in is temporary. Baekhyun knows this – he went through that all those years ago. But he inwardly slaps himself, reminding him that not everything ends with sorrow and that he must not ruin Lu Han’s opportunity of happiness.

 

Instead, he hums; walking over to the kitchen to warm up his twins’ nightly bottles of milk and perhaps prepare him and Lu Han some peppermint tea. “And may I know the name of this anonymous man who has been taking your breath away, Mr Lu?”

 

Lu Han giggles at the mention of said man, though his giggle is interrupted by a flying car toy thrown to his head. He hisses, “Junhyun!” as the toddler cracks up with laughter.

 

“I swear, Baekhyun, your sons are as mean as you are.” The Chinese brunette pouts, “They’re sweet to me at the day care, but when they’re with you, they turn into these naughty, little goblins.”

 

Baekhyun frowns. “Don’t insult my twins like that.”

 

“Goblins can be cute,” Lu Han eyes the sleeping two-year old on the couch and the satan’s child who’s aiming a toy car at his face once again. “My goblin goes by the name of Sehun. Oh Sehun.”

 

Baekhyun accidentally slams the mugs by the kitchen counter, his widened eyes turning to look at the startled man. “Did you just—what was his name again?”

 

“I said that his name is Oh Sehun… Are you okay?” Lu Han worriedly looks over at the mugs, making sure that nothing is broken and Baekhyun did not injure himself. “What’s wrong, Baekhyun?”

 

The latter ignores him, leaving the unprepared tea on the counter before Baekhyun walks to Lu Han’s side. “Show me his picture.”

 

“What? Why – Baekhyun, what are you—”

 

“Just do it!” He exclaims, “Please.”

 

Fumbling his phone out from his bag, Lu Han clicks on his photo gallery, scrolling through multiple pictures of Sehun intimately kissing him on the cheeks, but he does not have the time to squeal over them as Baekhyun snatches the gadget for him and slides through the photos. “T-this… It’s him. It’s—”

 

“You know him?” Lu Han gasps, “How did you know him?”

 

Baekhyun merely shakes his head. “Nothing – he’s just… a classmate back in college. I – uh, a friend of mine was… a friend of him.”

 

Lu Han seems relieved. He breathes out, smiling as he stares at the picture on the screen fondly. “It must be destiny, then.”

 

That very sentence has him thinking about the past.

 

“Sehun and I just bumped into each other in the hallway and just fell for each other. Literally,” Kyungsoo shyly laughs. “It must be destiny, then.”

 

“Yes…” Baekhyun murmurs, dazed and distracted. “Destiny.”

 

 

 

 

“I know you couldn’t resist my charms.”

 

Baekhyun massages his forehead, sighing as he traps the upper bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger – too tired to even look at the arrogant smirk that Kris Wu is wearing on his stupid face. He fixes his posture, in order to appear more professional, before meeting the tall man’s piercing gaze. “We are here to talk about business. That is all, Mr Wu.”

 

“Are you sure?” Kris strikes a pose, adjusting his black sunglasses. “You seem to have been checking me out just now.”

 

“That’s because you look like an idiot—”

 

“And technically, I didn’t call you over for this meeting.” The latter wiggles his thick eyebrows. Baekhyun thinks that he appeared awful with those white locks. “You were the one who came here.”

 

Baekhyun huffs in annoyance. “Your secretary s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter