Prologue

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like any other clichéd love stories, they fell in love at first sight. More like one-sided love at first sight. Chanyeol bounded to the small library located downtown, searching for books of Economics when he had caught the most exquisite pair of eyes at the other side of the bookshelf. His intention on searching for books dissolves under the longing of wanting to take a full look of the boy. He kept on staring until the said boy noticed his presence and pale lips greeted him with a smile.

“Are you searching for something?” The boy asks, “A book, perhaps?”

Chanyeol blinked. He snapped out of his trance only to realize that the boy, who turned out to be a librarian, was smiling at him. Byun Baekhyun, it read, Newbie.

“Ah… Y-yes, I am, in fact,” He rubbed his nape, in act of embarrassment and pure shyness. “I’m searching for a book of Economics; I can’t seem to find any of them.”

The boy, Byun Baekhyun, chuckled. “Of course you can’t—this is the romance section.”

“Oh,” Oh. “I—I’m sorry!” He bowed, and with his clumsiness and bad luck, he had slammed his own head against the metal shelf. Even the librarian winced upon seeing him crying in pain.

“That’s okay,” Baekhyun laughed. “It’s nice seeing you out of campus, Park Chanyeol.”

 

 

Coincidentally, Byun Baekhyun turned out to be the first year junior. When Chanyeol had asked the boy how in the hell did he know his name, Baekhyun had stated that Chanyeol was the well-known guy in campus and he was every girl’s dream man. Despite feeling flattered, Chanyeol did feel quite guilty for not recognizing Baekhyun right away.

Two nights before the final exams, Chanyeol had asked Baekhyun out and the younger boy gladly accepted.

“Do you have a three-date policy?” Chanyeol teased, two and a half dates later, under the hood of his car. Baekhyun laughed wholeheartedly, then stared out of the window, quirking his beautiful mouth. “No, but I do have a seventh-date policy.”

By their fifth date, Chanyeol mustered up his courage and held Baekhyun’s hand. The younger, in return, intertwined their fingers together.

By their sixth date, Baekhyun kissed him right before Chanyeol sent him back to his dorm, which was only a quick drive away from Chanyeol’s apartment.

Baekhyun’s seventh-date policy was true after all; Chanyeol was a patient man and Baekhyun thought the taller guy really did deserve to see Baekhyun under him, and panting with need.

The next morning, Baekhyun was in the middle of pouring shampoo on top of his boyfriend’s head before the taller guy had placed a sloppy kiss on his nose with an annoying chatter of how much he loves him.

 

 

“I love you,” Chanyeol had groaned when he reached his , resting his head on the crook of Baekhyun’s neck as the smaller wrapped his legs around Chanyeol’s waist. “So, so much.”

 

 

 

It wasn’t like Baekhyun didn’t realize that every dates they’ve been, it would only be the two of them. Chanyeol would always bring him to dark, lonely places—like the beach at midnight or a diner at dawn. Chanyeol had never introduced Baekhyun to his friends before, nor did they ever kiss anywhere in campus. After all, Baekhyun did feel unworthy after losing his ity at the back of Chanyeol’s car.

And like every single clichéd love stories, they’d have their downfall. For Baekhyun, it happened in July 2011. Reality had cruelly taken his elder brother’s last breath away, and it scarred him. His brother had suffered for months, and two minutes before his brother’s heart failed, he had held Baekhyun’s hand and told him to be happy.

Baekhyun spent the whole study week by crying and strangely, Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter