Chapter 16

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun fidgeted in his seat with profound anxiousness, slightly shaking when Kris Wu continued to tell him about what had happened in the past—somehow, it seemed like it wasn’t only him who had a rough past. It was when a single tear fell from the taller man’s eyes; Baekhyun silently wallowed in pity for the said man.

 

“And that was it…” Kris whispered, his hands holding onto the steering wheel, although unmoving. “She lost the baby, and I lost her.”

 

Baekhyun noticed how Kris had chuckled darkly afterwards, as if Baekhyun had just told him a melancholic joke. “Imagine the pain of having to see her so happy to be practically killing our baby.”

 

“Kris, I…” Baekhyun swallowed, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

 

“It’s okay – it happened a long time ago,” Kris didn’t even spare a look at him as he smiled, reminiscing. “I’ve forgotten about it; these old wounds only returned when I saw her again at that hall.”

 

“I still don’t see the point of telling Chanyeol about my children,” Baekhyun murmured, looking down at his pale fingers. “It would only ruin his engagement with Chaeyoung.”

 

“Tell him,” Kris frowned, finally looking over his left only to see Baekhyun avoiding his gaze. “He deserves to know. Chaeyoung deserves to know.”

 

“He’s not even their real father – he deserves to know nothing. He was the one who left me.” Baekhyun clicked on the unlock button of the doors, nonchalantly walking out of the car before Kris pulled him by the wrist.

 

Kris’ expression looked rather pained than frustrated when he said, “If he knew that you were pregnant, he wouldn’t have walked out on you.”

 

“Well, he did – didn’t he? Being pregnant wouldn’t have changed anything.” Baekhyun tried to shrug Kris’ grip off him. Kris only pulled him closer. “He was ashamed of the thought of us dating. Wouldn’t it be more shameful to have children with the person you can’t seem to be seen with?”

 

“Tell him, Baekhyun.” Kris held onto his hand, drowning in his gaze. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

A soft pair of lips brushing against his left brow was the last thing he remembered before Kris drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

The two of them speak in unison, chuckling in realization of their amusing synchronization afterwards. Sehun is the first one to awkwardly cough, scooting over on the couch to get closer. Kyungsoo only cowers back.

 

“You go first,” Kyungsoo whispers. He’s afraid of what to come – but a glint of hope flutters in his heart when Sehun stares at him with familiar adoration. “Mine’s not that important.”

 

It is important for Kyungsoo; their baby, growing inside of him, is an absolute priority for him – though he isn’t sure if it is the same for Sehun. He’s about to confess that they are expecting a baby out of their dull love, and he’s terrified at the fact that Sehun might consider this news as simply boring. After all, his boyfriend tends to crave for excitement; a word that lies deep within him, buried.

 

Sehun worriedly glances at him. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes,” Kyungsoo says, his hand unconsciously rubbing at his bulging bump. Sehun doesn’t notice. “I’m sure.”

 

“I—I think…” Sehun bites on his lip so hard, it starts to bleed. “I think we should break—”

 

His boyfriend doesn’t even get to finish his sentence when nausea drives up to Kyungsoo’s throat. Kyungsoo covers his mouth, eyes widening as he runs to the nearest bathroom in their house.

 

Sehun could only blink in return, taken aback at what had just happened. He rushes to slam his fists on the locked door of the bathroom, startled at Kyungsoo’s choked cries.

 

“Kyungsoo?” Sehun shouts against the wooden door, thoughts of letting go dissolving under sudden worries. “Baby, are you okay? Answer me.”

 

“I’m fine…” Comes a whimper from the other side of the door. “Leave me alone.”

 

“Open this door, Soo,” Sehun leans his forehead onto the door. “Please, at least tell me you’re okay.”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t answer him immediately, ignoring him for a few minutes before the bathroom door opens with a click, revealing his small boyfriend’s small figure limping out of the bathroom. Kyungsoo drags his bare feet on the floor weakly, staring back at Sehun’s anxious eyes before he sees black and hears Sehun’s constant shouts of his name.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter