Chapter 9

Erstwhile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The woman above him moans, white flashing in her eyes as she reaches her and her slender fingers grab onto the bed sheets tightly, rolling her hips to guide her lover to his edge and euphoria, as well. “, Chanyeol…”

 

Her fiancé grunts, pushing her down to their bed before giving her the last, hard s – she expects him to release in her, like he always does – but instead, he removes himself from her and chooses to release onto the tainted bed sheets, leaving her feeling empty and confused. “Chanyeol?”

 

He hums in response, quick to pull himself together and walk to their bathroom. Chaeyoung stays on the bed, and perplexed by her lover’s attitude, but says nothing and runs to the bathroom to join him, instead. Once she turns the doorknob open, she realizes that her fiancée is standing by the sink, both his hands gripping on the sides. She bites her lips in worry. “Honey, are you feeling all right?”

 

“Huh?” Chanyeol blinks, her voice snapping his mind from his deep thoughts. “Y-yeah, I’m fine.”

 

She traps her thin arms around his bare waist, kissing his back. “You’ve been pretty occupied with your constant thoughts these days. I don’t want you to get stressed over work, honey.”

 

The problem is – he was not stressed over work. At this rate, he wished he were. Day and night, all he could think about is that damned smile, and the confusion trapping him. The person who sent the card to Baekhyun… who was he? Also, he has been thinking about the name that Baekhyun whispered. He may have heard it wrong, but deep inside, he was sure.

 

Baekhyun had a bright, beautiful smile on his face, red blush splashed across his cheeks and that chuckle, that slight laugh when he whispered, “Really, Kris Wu.”

 

Kris Wu. Chanyeol shakes his head. It was impossible.

 

“How about this—take a day off tomorrow.” Chaeyoung suggests, pouting. “You can go grocery shopping with me!”

 

Chanyeol laughs, truly this time, and focuses on his fiancée – rather than thinking about Baekhyun.

 

He waits by the kitchen counter as Chaeyoung gets ready for their little date, but then again – he had kept a little surprise for her and frowns when she walks down the starts, with a list of groceries in her hands and the black inked pen clasped in her hand. She grumbles. “Ugh, so many things to buy!”

 

“Why don't you let me do all the grocery shopping, hmm?” Chanyeol teases, leaning in to nuzzle the tip of his nose with hers – in act of adoration. “My bride shouldn’t be fussing over some grocery list, you should be excited for the massage and manicure sessions I reserved for you.”

 

Chaeyoung gasps, her face brightening at the mention of cosmetic treatments. “You wouldn’t.”

 

“I would,” Chanyeol nods, kissing her by the lips. “And I did.”

 

His fiancé throws her arms around him, kissing him all over his face and thanks him again and again. “I love you so much! You’re the best!”

 

Once she calms down, he holds her firmly in place and chuckles. “I love you too.”

 

“Forever?”

 

“Always.”

 

 

Baekhyun took his time dressing his sons up today—because today is a special day.

 

“Are you excited, baby?” He grins as he fixes the small, cute tie on Jaehyun’s clothes and his son squirms when Baekhyun mischievously reaches down to tickle him by his stomach. As he watches Jaehyun bursting into a fit of silent giggles, his eyes crinkling and disappearing behind the small eyelids, Baekhyun sighs in relief. “Appa is so excited today!”

 

He kneels down in front of Junhyun, who’s fully dressed and has his eyes fixated on his toy car settling in his chubby hands. “Do you know why appa is excited today, Jun?”

 

His son pretends to think for a while, before he drums his small fingers on the toy car. “S… Sign, sign—class!”

 

Baekhyun laughs. “Yup! It’s time for Jaehyun’s first sign language class today!”

 

When Junhyun cheers in excitement, though, Baekhyun notices the other twin being in a daze. He eyes Jaehyun, who’s oddly keeping quiet, before he brushes his fingers against the thin hair. “Don’t worry, baby. You’re going to have so much fun there.”

 

Jaehyun glances back at him and tilts his head.

 

“Appa wishes he could listen to your voice,” Baekhyun pulls the toddler into his embrace and whispers against the thin hair. Although he knows that Jaehyun could not hear him, he continues to speak. “Appa wants to hear your voice so badly.”

 

 

“Your son’s progress on communicating with the other children is very impressive.”

 

Baekhyun turns around to see a very beautiful man standing before him, handing his hand out for him to shake. The man smiles after Baekhyun awkwardly thanks him. “Usually, the children are very shy and distant. But seeing your son trying to start a conversation with the other boys is a good beginning.”

 

“I’ve been worried about him,” Baekhyun says as he looks over to Jaehyun who’s frantically waving at the other boy, trying to make new friends. He laughs silently. “I’m happy to see him taking the initiative to at least communicate with the others.”

 

Junhyun tugs at his pants as the boy pouts, wanting to be carried by his father and Baekhyun complies. The man, who Baekhyun has been talking to, looks shocked before he gasps dramatically. “Oh my god, twins!”

 

Baekhyun is startled by the sudden outburst, but settles on smiling at the male as he hears Junhyun’s terrified whimper. The longhaired man squeals. “How cute! My husband and I have always wanted twins.”

 

“I see—”

 

“But the lords love us and we had triplets, instead.” The man sighs dreamily before spinning around. “My name is Jeonghan, by the way! That’s my idiot husband over there—” he points to the grinning man who’s talking to the other parents. “—His name is Seungcheol.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you,” Baekhyun grins. “I’m Baekhyun.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter