Chapter 9

Stupid Heart

A week after the incident a certain tanned lady sits in her office thinking about the past events that she had encountered during her time in Korea. She had started her new job in Aremac industry where they specialized in photo-shoots and scenery photos. She had just finished a photo shoot of a young family and was in the process of editing the pictures. But a certain event had always been stuck in her mind for the past few days. The day when she had finally met Im Yoona, she had never thought that the waitress who served her was her perpetrator. But what bothered her most was how her heart had acted upon seeing Yoona’s heroic act against Minho. Her heart raced when they held hands and her insides twisted and flipped when they were in a close proximity. That was what had bothered the tanned goddess that day knowing that her heart had acted similarly to how it usually acted whenever she was around Seungri. But why did she cry when she found out her identity? Was it because she was still not ready to meet her? Or was it because she was the person that Seungri promised was going to help her move on? Confused and frustrated the tanned goddess excused herself to lunch and drove to the nearest café, which to her dismay was the Cozy Home Café. Although she still wasn’t ready meeting the doe eyed waitress her stomach argued and grumbled with hunger, she worked up the courage to walk through the entrance. Again the same cashier greeted her and ordered a sandwich with a hot chocolate. Sitting at her usual spot, the tanned girl readies herself with the coming awkward atmosphere with the doe eyed waitress. Hearing footsteps coming closer to her the tanned lady takes a deep breath as her order was placed in front of her.

 

“I’msosorryaboutyesterdayYoona-shi. ThewayIactedyesterdaywasverystupidofme.” The nervous yet awkward tanned woman blabbers to the confused waitress standing in front of her, confused if the lady whom she doesn’t know is talking to her or if the lady was mentally disabled.

“I’m sorry but I think that you’ve got the wrong person.” Confused with what the waitress said, the tanned lady’s eyebrows scrunched up and wonders if 'Yoona' had lost her memory. Looking up the tanned woman’s eyes nearly popped out of its sockets, as it wasn’t Yoona that she had blabbered to but an equally confused and concerned waitress staring back at her. Heat quickly flushed to the embarrassed woman’s cheeks, who was apologizing while bowing ninety degrees continuously to the waitress. To those who encountered the scene would have thought that the lady bowing was attending a metal concert in the café. Having to stop Yuri’s administration the waitress grabbed the embarrassed woman’s shoulders and 'forgave' her for the mistake. After the waitress had left Yuri grabbed her meal and power walked out of the café and into her car, where she let out her embarrassed frustration out. “WAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!”

 

YURI POV

Breathing heavily after a couple rounds of letting my frustration out I calmed down and drove to a certain building to surprise my favourite oppa. I walked up to the reception table and greeted the receptionist. “Oh. My. Gosh! Is that the Kwon Yuri?! I haven’t seen in you for seven years and here you are right in front of me!” the receptionist yelled out in sheer excitement and ran towards me. She gave me a massive bear hug that would’ve crushed my ribs if I didn’t stop her. “Aigoo, Sunhwa unnie! You could’ve squeezed the life out of me with that hug of yours! And besides everyone’s looking at us now.”

 

“Yah! It’s your fault for not giving me a warning that you were going to come back! Do you know how embarrassed I am now” chuckling at her adorable pout and puppy eyes I dragged her to a secluded area of the building and crushed her in one of my bear hugs. “Y-Yah! Yuri-ah! I can’t breathe! YAH ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!” letting go I laughed at her, as she was over exaggerating how she needed a breathing machine after the hug. “It’s only because I missed you unnie. How is the company’s blank Sunhwa anyway?”

 

“Yah! I’m not blank Sunhwa anymore! I’ve learnt a lot of stuff since you were gone. I can’t believe you’re still bringing that up! It took four years for Taewoo oppa to forget that!”

 

“Unnie if you so smart now answer this. There are thirty eggs in an egg carton right?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“If there are seven egg cartons and twelve eggs break, how many eggs are left?”

 

“Hang on let me get a piece of paper.” I start to chuckle as she starts to write down the equation. I laughed some more when she starts to mumble the multiplication table.

 

“Okay what’s the answer.” Sunhwa unnie leans back and has a smug look plastered on her face before saying the answer.

 

“188”

 

“188?” I struggled as I held in my laughter. “Can you please show me how you got that answer.”

 

“Did I get that wrong? First, there are 30 eggs in the carton. If you multiply 30 by 7, it totals 210. Then, you subtract 12 from 210. That’s how I solved it, you can’t subtract 2 from 0.” I started to laugh at her explanation while she looks at me with a confused look as she continues. “So I borrow the 1, then this becomes 10. If you subtract 2 from 10 it becomes 8. But this is 0 and we have to subtract it by 1, but we can’t. So we borrow from here, this becomes a 1 and this becomes 9.  It becomes 188. “

 

“So what’s the answer?”

 

“188.” With that my legs collapsed and I burst into a fit of laughter while tears cascaded down my face as I started to role on the ground. But Sunhwa unnie still looks confused as to why I was laughing. Calming down I explained to her how 12 take way 210 does not equal 188, but equals 198. And with that the both if us laughed out loud in the secluded area of the building, not minding if anyone heard us (A/N: If you guys are still confused with the whole scene about Sunhwa’s math skills then click on the link to find out-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnsT4zahwNU.).

 

After we had calmed down Sunhwa unnie took me to Hyuk-jun oppa’s office on the top floor. Sunhwa unnie entered first while I waited outside, after she gave me the signal I burst through the doors like a boss and watched as my brother’s expression turned from cold to confused to complete and utter surprise. He stood up and opened his arms while I ran towards him and ran to into his open arms. “Yuri-ah!” He swung me around just like how he did when I was little. “Wow! Look at you! You’ve grown up so much. Any news about your life that I've missed out. Especially about your love life?” I shook my head after hearing his questions and made Sunhwa unnie and Hyuk-jun oppa sit down while I explained my plans and any 'gossips' that they had missed out on while I was in Australia. We were still hanging out until I received a call from Aremac to come back as it had been an hour since my lunch break had finished. I bid them goodbye and raced back to my office where the head chief gave me a warning about being late, but since I had finished my tasks early he let me off with a warning.

***

A month and a half had passed since I came back from Australia and everything’s gone pretty smoothly. Although my friends keep on pushing me to guys and girls whom they think suits my liking. I know my friends aren’t the straightest tool in the shed, except for Seohyun of course, and to be honest I know that I’m also not the straightest ruler. I’m probably more like a protractor. I snapped out of my train off thoughts and looked at the clock, it was already lunchtime so I drove to the Cozy Home café. Where Narsha unnie greeted me the same way she did when I first came through the door, except for the fact that she already knew what I was going to have before I said it. Thanking her I sat back on my normal spot and gazed around the room.

 

I had a feeling that someone was watching me so I looked around and saw a hooded figure staring at me from the other side of the window. Trying to remain calm I grabbed the menu and acted as if I was interested in it. The feeling of being stared at vanished and I sighed out in relief. “What’s with the sigh unnie?” I looked up and saw Hyuna placing my order down. Yes she was the same waitress that I had an embarrassing encounter with. But we’re both good now, I came back to the café the next day and apologized about what happened and we both introduced ourselves. Then she introduced Narsha unnie, who also saw the commotion the day before and had begged Hyuna to introduce herself to me since I had been coming to the café for a while. “Oh, nothing. I thought that someone was stalking me just then. Is Yoona-shi still not back yet?” She shook her head before asking, “What’s with the sudden interest with Yoona unnie? Did you guys have a fight and you guys are still not forgiving each other yet.” Stunned with Hyuna’s proclamation my cheeks flushed red while I started denying about my relationship with Yoona. “Jinja! You too aren’t together? But ever since we’ve known each other you’ve been asking me about her. Are you sure you two aren’t together, cause you two would look great together.” My cheeks changed into a deeper shade of red as I looked down to my lap and started to chew on my food. Hyuna laughed and waved goodbye while going back to the kitchen, probably telling Narsha unnie about what happened. Aish, how troublesome. But why did my heart start to beat like crazy when she said that Yoona and I looked good together as a couple. Why did my heart feel so down when Yoona wasn't the one to serve me like before?

 

Someone else’s POV

Why does my heart beat so erratically when I see you? I think that I might have grown feelings for you, ever since I saw you again. But will you ever see me as a new person? Or as the same person who had once haunted your dreams? 

 

A/N: Tada! Chapter 9 has finally arrived! I'm sorry about the wait, I hope that chapter 9 was interesting enough for the wait. My exams are finally done for this semester so I'll be able to have lots of time again to write the finishing chapter(s) (I still don't know if I'm going to finish it in the 10 chapters or more). I just love IY season 1 that's why there're characters from IY. Thank you to the new subcribers for subscribing, the comments and to the readers as well! ;)