Chapter 5

Stupid Heart

7 years later

 

Ring. Ring

A tanned lady hits the snooze button on her alarm, but the ringing still echoes around the room. Getting annoyed of the noise pollutant the tanned girl tosses the poor alarm inside the drawer hoping to come back into dream world. Unfortunately for the tanned lady it wasn’t the alarm that was ringing and disturbing her beauty sleep but in fact it was her mobile phone ringing because of a short midget who is eager to hear the girl’s voice. Finally noticing her mistake the dark skinned lady picks up her phone and answers it, not even bothering to know who was on the other end or find out about the upcoming aegyo attack that she was going to receive.

 

“YUWI-AH!! Good morning!!!”  The poor girl sat up immediately and nursed her bleeding ear (A/N: I’m kidding its not) from the dwarf’s sonic attack.

 

“Yah! Sunny-ah! Why do you always have to ruin my sleep every single time!”

 

“Hahaha I’m sorry charcoal girl, it’s just become a small habit of mine to wake up the sleepy head.”

 

“Yah Sunny for the millionth time! I am not that DARK! You know people here love my skin colour! Maybe I should stay here longer then…” Yuri drifted off, acting as if she was actually thinking of staying in Australia for a while longer. Loud shuffling noises could be heard at the background and another midget answered back.

 

“Yah Sunny stop being mean to Yuri even if she has become a charcoal.”

 

“Yah! TAEYEON! I will come and squish you right now!” The said ‘charcoal girl’ roared at the person on the other line.  Laughter was all she could hear from the other line and a person chocking as well. Hearing the panicked yelps and a person yelling to someone to get water for the shikshin. She guessed that everyone was in the same room listening to their conversation. With that she ended the call and went on to do her morning rituals. Seeing herself in front of the mirror nothing much has change since the past five years. Her skin’s still the same colour as before, and she’s lost a bit of weight from working out with her colleagues in work and she doesn’t wear her glasses anymore since her eyesight had gotten better. But over all nothing much has changed she’s still the same old Kwon Yuri, just that she has more self confidence than before she left Korea. Although the only thing that hasn’t changed is her feelings for Seungri, she still feels her heart clench whenever it’s his death anniversary but she’s slowly moving on. Looking down on the dining table she spots her ticket along with her passport, today was the day that she finally coming back home.

 

It was a few months a go when she received an invitation from Seoul Academy for past student to come and have a reunion, even if some students didn’t finish their college years in the Academy. That was the time she finally decided that it was time for her to come back. Keeping it a secret from her friends and family she bought an apartment near her shared apartment with Sunny and Tiffany, and transported most of her belongings to Korea.  With a top-paying job in the photography industry she was able to find a company in Korea wiling to take her in. And she will arrive in Korea a week before the reunion and hopefully to surprise her loved ones with her arrival.

 

Yuri POV

Buckling myself up on the plane I couldn’t wait until I arrive in Korea, so I fished out my phone and dialed a colleague that I’ve worked with in Australia.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Hara-ah it’s me.”

 

“Oh Yuri-ah! Are you on the plane now?’

 

“Yeah, I can’t wait to arrive in Korea! I hope my Korean is still fluent though.’

 

“Ani, aren’t we speaking in Korean right now?” Hara chuckled.

 

“No, it’s just that I might have an accent when I speak in Korean.”

 

“Aish just stop worrying Yuri-ah, I’m sure you’ll be fine. But I’m going to miss my nightclub sister.” With that I laughed and promised her that I’ll visit her in Australia whenever she can and ended her call.

 

After nine hours in the plane I finally arrived in Korea. Making sure I wear my sunglasses I walk to the baggage collection area and walked out of the airport. As expected there were lots of cameras waiting for Lee Hyori to come out, staying at the back I made sure that everyone’s attention was on her before I power walked toward a man holding a sign for me. He drove me to my apartment and helped me bring in my luggage before he drove off leaving me alone to unpack everything. As expected my furniture was arranged exactly the way I wanted it to be and explored the apartment. After making sure that everything was in place I walked around the neighbourhood to check if anything had changed while I was away. Walking for an hour or so I searched for the nearest café to ease the hunger that I felt, and after a while I spotted a small café that wasn’t there before. So I entered and was blasted by warm air since it was the beginning of autumn in Korea. Looking around the place it had a very cozy feeling to it and the whole place smelt like cakes and hot chocolate.

 

“Hi and welcome to the cozy home café. What would you like to have today?” Hearing what the lady had said I asked for their specialty and ordered hot chocolate before looking for a spot to sit. I sat at a hidden corner near the back of the café and looked at my surroundings, it was very cozy indeed and it had that homey feeling to it no wonder it was called the Cozy Home café.  It had taken around ten minutes before a waitress arrived with my order, she placed it down on the table and when I looked up at her I saw her eyes widen in shock. Quickly recovering she bowed and rushed off behind the counter, weird, she looked familiar but I don’t know who she is. Seeing the delicious red velvet cake with frosting made my photographer instincts to kick in. I swiftly took my phone out and started to take multiple shots from different angles and dug into the food. Sipping my hot chocolate I watched a group of teenage girls walk into the café, they were around eighteen and were all laughing at a girl who looked like she was drooling at the sight of the cakes. I smiled remembering how Sooyoung would start to drool whenever she spots food.

 

Seeing as it was around 5:30 I paid the bill and walked towards the door, feeling that eyes were following me I turned around to sneak a peek and found a pair of doe eyes widening seeing that she was caught. Doe eyes, why do those eyes look familiar? Shaking my head I walked out and walked to the grocery mall to get some basic necessities that I need for dinner. Finished with my grocery shopping I walked back home while carrying the grocery bags; fishing out my keys I walked into the apartment and readied my dinner. After unpacking my luggage I walked into my bedroom and fell asleep as soon as I landed on the bed.

***

Waking up from a great night’s sleep I prepared my Ma juice before setting off for a jog around the neighbourhood. I jogged towards my former university and there it was, still in its former glory but new buildings had been built and a cherry blossom stood in the middle of a row of trees. I was about to enter through the gates but I noticed TOP oppa coming out, so I dove behind the bushes with a grunt and spied on him until he was out of sight. Emerging from the bush my muscles were sore from staying in one position and jumping into a bush which gave me a few scratches on my arms and legs. Deciding on walking back I donned on my sunglasses and headed straight to Cozy Home Café seeing as I was going to spend the morning alone.

 

Walking into the café the same cashier lady greeted me with her smile and I ordered a sandwich with another hot chocolate. While I was waiting for my order to arrive I took off my sunglasses and put on my earphones, deciding that I should call Sunny since it was still pretty early in the morning. Waiting for her to wake up I couldn’t help but feel playful as I readied my aegyo voice.

 

“Yobose…”

 

“SUNNY UNNIEW!!! Wakey, wakey!!” I loudly whispered, since I was still in public, and chuckled at Sunny complaining about her being woken up early on a free day. I laughed as she complained some more about her not growing with her not sleeping enough hours. “Unnie don’t tell me you’ve been watching again?” I faked gasp as I said it. “Yah! Don’t you dare bring up Soo’s old joke again. Everyone’s still making fun of me because of that!!” I laughed some more until the same doe eyed waitress brought me my orders, this time she didn’t looked as shocked and smiled at me while placing down my order. Doe eyes, why do I keep remembering similar doe eyes whenever I see her? “Yuri-ah? Hello, are you still there?” snapping out of my train of thought I answered back and continued to chat with her until she fell asleep. I guess it was Sica’s habits rubbing off on her this time. Standing up I paid my bill and took my hot chocolate with me and walked out of the café. “Miss…Miss!” turning around I saw the doe eyed waitress run towards me while holding something in her hand. Standing in front of me I could see that she was out of breath so I gave her a minute before I asked her what the matter was. The doe eyed waitress holds up my sunglasses that I had forgotten and thanked her multiple times; bowing my head I could feel my cheeks flush in embarrassment. She gave me a toothy grin, waved good-bye and walked back to the café. Aish Kwon Yuri how can you be so stupid and forget your sunglasses, she even had to run to catch up to you. Aish jinja you’re such a pabo.

***

Someone else’s POV

It’s her again she’s been coming here for the last five days, every morning and sometimes before sunset. I don’t know why but she’s somehow captivated me, she always buy something different except for the hot chocolate and sits in the same corner at the back. She looks really familiar but I don’t know where I’ve seen her before, but my heart somehow beats at an abnormal rate. I mean, it would beat fast whenever I see her and then slow down whenever I don’t.

 

She looks so ethereal especially when she laughs. Her tanned skin, pointed nose and brown orbs stand out to me the most. But I wonder why she looks so sad whenever she looks around the café; just then the bell on the door rings and Narsha unnie greets them. From the kitchen I could see that it was just the regular customers Sunny, Taeyeon , Tiffany, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Seohyun (A/N: She over heard their names whenever they come to the café). I haven’t seen them in a while since they were probably busy with their own companies, speaking about companies there was another girl with them from college that they used to hang out with them and also had a big company.

 

Sighing I pushed back the memory of college and went back on preparing their orders before I bring them out. Walking out of the kitchen I could see the lady sitting in the back corner cover her face with the menu as if she was trying to hide herself from them. Weird. Placing down their orders on their table I over heard them talking about a college reunion on Saturday. That’s strange I was planning on going to a college reunion as well on the same day and time as them, could it be that they went to the same college as I attended? Wait, could it be that they were the popular Aces of the campus that I’ve always been hearing? But where was the eighth one? Walking back to the kitchen I bumped into the tanned lady who had her sunglasses on, apologizing quickly she dashed out of the café without even a backwards glance.

 

A/N: Chapter 5!! Is up early on a Saturday morning since it's the weekend, and what a good way to start the day with a little bit of Yoonyul..... I mean Yuri and someone  else! hehehe i bet you already know who it is..... This chapter's a bit long but I didn't want to cut the chapter in half so voila! one long chapter for you readers out there! Anyway enjoy your weekend before school, work, assassin training or whatever it is you don't like on a monday starts....... ;)