Chapter 11

Stupid Heart

YURI POV

“Yoona?!” I could only gasp as I could finally see her again. I can’t believe that she became a CEO, she looks so stunning with what she’s wearing and that aura surrounding her just adds on to her superior image. (A/N: Once again I’m sorry if I’m not able to explain what she is wearing. But here’s a link if you want to know what Yoona’s wearing- http://blog.colveta.com/files/2012/02/dc39r6.jpg). Calm down Yuri-ah, its only Yoona. You have to act professionally around your clients remember, no matter how beautiful your client is. Wait, did I just say beautiful? “Eh-herm.” I snapped out of my pondering state and acted as professionally as I could, even though Yoona was intensely staring at me. I reached out my hand to shake her hand while I said, “Nice to meet you miss Im. I will be your photographer for today.” She shook my hand and electricity sparked from where our hands touched, and when she let go a soft tingling occupied my empty hand. “Yuri-shi, can you please lead us to where we will be shooting?” Hearing Shin-young I faced her and gave her a shy smile before I lead them to the studio. “Here we are. Um, Shin-young shi do you have any ideas for todays photo shoot?” She had a thoughtfully glanced at Yoona while she thought of the concept, while Yoona was again staring at me intensely. I could only look away as I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up. “Aha! I’ve got one. Can you make this rookie here. Look more charismatic and powerful as if to stun people with her beauty and the authority that she has.” After I heard the concept many ideas swirled around my head, and photographer Kwon had arrived in the building. As soon as I had a certain image in my head I turned to face Yoona, I looked at her from head to toe. I guess with how frail she looks she can wear something white with a white background, but how do I make her look superior? I stared at her again and studied her facial expression. Her doe eyes captured my attention straight away, which gave me an idea on how she could look superior. But the problem was what am I going to do with her clothes? Walking back to Shin-young I had a small chat with her about Yoona’s clothing. “Okay, I got it don’t worry I’ve brought some clothes that would suit her. I guess we think a like, right Yuri-ah?”

 

“I guess we do Shin-young shi.” I chuckled silently and looked back at Yoona. She had her eyebrows scrunched together while her head was tilted to the side.

 

“Aish, Yuri-ah you don’t have to be so formal to me. We’re going to be working together for a while, so we might as well get to know each other. Just call me Unnie from now on okay?” I guess we might as well be comfortable with each other.

 

“Okay, Unnie. I’ll just go get the make up artist while we wait for her clothes.” She saluted me playfully and I walked out of the studio, ignoring the feeling that a certain doe eyed person was staring at me.

 

YOONA POV

I could only sigh in relief as she walked out of the studio; I’ve been holding my breath since she last looked back at me while she was talking to Shin-young unnie. When she glanced at me my heart had done cartwheels and backflips as soon as our eyes met. I don’t exactly know what I saw in her eyes at that time. Happiness, maybe? But why would she be happy to see me when the last time we met, she had sadness and confusion written all over her face. Kwon Yuri why are you such a mystery to me? I could only stare at the door that she had walked through while I remembered how we saw each other again after a month or so.

 

FLASHBACK

“Come in.” I heard the voice of an angel from the other side of the door. As soon as I opened the door her eyes widened in surprise and hung open. I could only stare at her; my muscles had stopped moving as if I was stuck in some sort of spell. While my heart raced as our eyes locked together, I don’t know why but I could only see her and nothing else. I watched her as her expressions turned from surprise to relief to confused? Looking at her she hasn’t changed much at all, only the fact that she had become more beautiful than the last time I’ve seen her. She snapped out her reverie and walked closer to me, so close as to I could smell the perfume that she wore. Oh, I could get used to this. She stretched out her hand for a handshake and I gladly took it, loving the way her hand slipped into mine. Electricity sparked from where our hands met and raced up my arm and to the rest of my body, which caused me to let go earlier than I expected. She looked at her hand with a clueless expression. I wonder if she felt that too? “Yuri-shi can you please lead us to where we will be shooting?” She turned to Shin-young unnie and flashed her a small smile, why couldn’t she give me her smiles instead of unnie? Wait; am I jealous because she flashed unnie a smile? No way, I’m probably just tired. Yeah just tired.

 

She lead the way to the studio and my eyes wondered around the room, there wasn’t much things to see except for a few cameras set up, a plain white background, a desk with a laptop connected to the cameras and a couch with a small fridge next to it. “… Do you have any ideas for today’s photo shoot?” Shin- young unnie was thinking for a concept while I was happily admiring this tanned goddess standing in front of me. She must have noticed me staring because she looked away, but her cheeks were tinted pink when she turned away. OMO! Did I just make her blush?! Or was it because I was staring at her for too long that she became self-conscious? Aigoo you shouldn't be self-conscious you look beautiful in whatever you do. “Aha! I’ve got one.” I blanked out as I ogled at her listening carefully to unnie’s request and her thinking face was just adorable! I snapped out of my habit when she turned to face me with a serious expression on her face. She examined me from head to toe and stared at me with such an intense stare that I felt that I was melting. Yuri-ah stop staring at me, you’re making me melt under your hotness!

 

She walked back to Shin-young unnie and were discussing something that I couldn’t really understand. Something about clothes, omo are they planning to make me pose ?! But I don’t think I’m ready to let her see me yet, the only time she can see me is when we’re alone and, and….. Aish you’re such a byun Im Yoona! How will Yuri like you if you’re thinking of naughty things about her, and you’re not even together! I snapped out of my conflict between myself when she glanced at me with those mesmerizing eyes, once again I was captured into the Kwon spell and was paralyzed until she looked away.

END OF FLASHBACK

***

AUTHOR POV

Yuri walked back into the room with another lady beside her. The two were joking around until s certain doe eyed woman were glaring death glares at the tanned woman’s friend. “Shin-young unnie, Yoona-shi this is Park Hyomin, she will be Yoona-shi’s make up artist.” The said lady bowed before flashing them a shy smile. “Annyeong Shin-young unnie, Yoona-shi.” Both tanned and doe eyed women were surprised to see that the manager and make up artist knew each other. “Hyomin-ah how are you?” Shin-young stood up and crushed her in a bear hug while patting her bottom.

 

“Um Shin-young unnie, sorry to interrupt but do you have the clothes that are needed?” Both women let go of their bear hug and faced the tanned woman, before a person knocked on the door.

 

“That must be the clothes then.” Shin-young walked to the door and got the clothes that were wrapped in plastic bags before she gave them to Yuri and Hyomin for them to look. Both women looked through the clothes and decided to have little make up on the doe eyed woman.

 

“Okay, Yoona-shi please pick whatever clothing you want from the rack and Hyomin here will prepare your make up and hair.” Yoona walked up to the rack and picked a white dress and changed behind Shoji screens that were set up at the back corner of the studio. Emerging from the screen she made her way to Hyomin where she put make up on her face highlighting her eyes with mascara and curling her hair a bit for the final product. While the tanned woman was setting up the white background and the lights for the photo shoot. After checking her cameras, background and lights she smiled in satisfaction. She took a few practice shots and checking them on her laptop to see if everything was fine while she waited for Yoona to finish.

 

YURI POV

 I guess all I have to do is wait until Yoona is finished; I was about to check on them when my phone vibrated next to me. It was a message from my brother, I smiled as I see his messages about keeping healthy, not working too hard, getting some sleep, etc. I sent him a photo of myself in the studio and explained to him about my photo shoot of a CEO heiress. He replied back asking about Yoona and if she was hot, I rolled my eyes after reading his messages. Men, all they think about are a woman’s looks. I was about to nag to him about women when someone tapped my shoulders. I looked up and my cheeks instantly flushed red being face to face with a doe eyed angel, she looked so ethereal with how those eyes stared through me. “U-Um you look beautiful Yoona-shi, I’ll be with you in a sec.” She nodded and walked to the white background. I quickly texted my brother a quick good bye before I walked towards the angel. As I walked towards her I saw Hyomin unnie making heat signs with her hands and puckering her lips at Yoona. Feeling embarrassed I did a ‘you die’ signal with my finger running across my neck. Seeing this she increased her administrations and made louder kissing noises, having enough of her childishness I threw my pen that I found in my pocket and hit her straight in the forehead. I could only chuckle as she rubbed her forehead while making crying actions with her fingers.

 

“Alright Yoona-shi for today’s concept Shin-young unnie wants you to look like one of those powerful CEOs you see in dramas.” I could only slap myself on the inside for what I said, while she just nodded and look thoughtful. “So what I want you to do is to pose however you want and stare intensely towards the camera. Do you have any questions?” She once again looked thoughtful for a second until she shook her head. The photo shoot started but it took Yoona quite sometime for her to get used to the feeling of modeling in front of the camera, but once she got into the process she was a natural. I kept encouraging her by saying “Good job, you’re a natural,” etc. Honestly those intense stares that she gave to the camera would send shivers down my spine, while my heart raced and my cheeks burning. I checked the time and it had already been an hour since we started so I called the first session off and gave her a thirty minute break. I looked through the photos that I had taken and started to save them into a file for editing later on. Shin-young unnie and Yoona walked up to me and examined the photos that were taken, shin-young unnie laughed at the first few photos of Yoona looking confused and lost. I excused myself to order some snacks since I’ve been hearing Yoona’s stomach grumbling for the past ten minutes. As the snacks arrived I could see Yoona and Shin-young unnie’s mouth watering, although my mouth also felt like a waterfall came from the opening of my mouth. I took my hot chocolate and a chocolate glazed donut before working on editing the photos that looked good.

 

I was so into my editing that I didn’t hear a mysterious figure watching me. “Wow Yuri-shi the photos are amazing.” I jumped out of my seat as I heard her voice from behind me. “Omo Yoona-shi I didn’t know you were behind me.” I heard her chuckle and it was like sympathy to me.

 

 “No I’m the one that should be sorry I snuck up on you when you were working.” She shyly apologized while she scratched the back of her neck.

 

“Um would you like to see the edited versions? I’m almost done with them.” She thought for a while before she gently declined my offer.

 

“No it’s alright I want to see it when the magazine is published, so surprise me Yuri-shi.” I could only look down as she smiled at me and wonder how lucky I am to be able to see a different side of her.

 

“Please just call me Yuri, we’re going to work together for a while so please do not hesitate to call me Yuri.”

 

“Okay then, please call me Yoona. Since we’re going to work together for a while please do not hesitate to call me Yoona. Nice to meet you.” She reached out her hand and I gladly shook it, as soon as our hands met a bolt of electricity sprang from my hand and to the rest of my body. What is going on? We talked to each other about editing and photography until it was time for the photo shoot to begin again. She changed out of her dress into a new one that exposed her back through an elegant white dress. My cheeks once again flushed pink as she walked towards me, noticing my tinted cheeks. “Like what you’re seeing Yuri-ah?”

 

“Y-yah!” I covered my face and slapped her shoulder while she cocked her head back and let out a hearty laugh. I briskly walked to my camera and changed the settings of the lights; once again I didn’t notice a lone figure creeping up behind me while I was changing the settings. “Boo.” I jumped back and tripped over the loose chords that had wrapped around my ankles. I prepared for the incoming impact but a strong arm wrapped around my waist that prevented me from landing on the floor. I looked up to my savior and was greeted with a pair of mesmerizing doe eyes that were filled with concern. We stared at each other as if we were in our own world and all I could hear was my heart beating at an abnormally fast rate. I could feel her breath on my lips as we moved our heads closer together until we were only a few centimetres away from each other. The gap was almost non-existent until a soft cough interrupted the spell and the both of us separated from each other and averted our gazes away from one another. “Sorry to interrupt your little session but I believe that we still have a photo shoot to do right Hyomin-ni?”

 

“Right unnie.” I let out a soft sigh as I remembered how close we were from kissing.

 

A/N: Here you go, Chapter 11 is up!! this one's pretty lengthy since I lost track with how long this chapter was supposed to be. I hope you liked this chapter, especially the little Yoonyul present i dropped off at the end there..... the photos of Yoona's photo shoot will be shown at the next chapter when the photo shoot is finished. Sorry if there's not much funny bits inside especially between Shinyoung and Hyomin, since i wanted Yoonyul to get along. Thank you to the new subscribers who subscribed, the comments and to the readers as well. i really appreciate it so please continue to read my story and wait for the oncoming chapter(s). Again i don't know how many chapters are left until this story is finished so please bear with it. ;)