Chapter 17

Stupid Heart

YOONA POV

I laid on bed thinking about the past events that had happened today and especially last night. Seeing her cry that night had caused my heart to clench tightly that it hurt to breathe. I had no idea why she started crying but seeing that expression of loss on her face was the most painful feeling ever. I had no clue on what to do, but something in me had urged me to kiss her then and there. The kiss wasn’t as romantic as how I wanted it to be, but I still felt the full impact of fireworks, butterflies and my head going haywire with the feeling of those lips.

 

During the kiss I felt so many emotions within that I didn’t think was possible during the short amount of time that was spent. Images of her suddenly flashed in my head, images of her during and after college. Images that I have never seen before and images that I have seen through my eyes. Unconsciously my heart had doubled its pace, taking my breath away. Then I realized this heart of mine wasn’t mine from the start, but from someone who had loved her dearly. Which had caused my feelings for her to be created, honestly I don’t despise it. Who wouldn’t fall in love with someone who is as perfect as her? Placing my hand on my chest I slowly drifted to sleep and was met with my first love.

 

***

Morning came and I was called into work since I had been ‘busy’ yesterday and spent a day off. As soon as I arrived in my office a big pile of paperwork greeted me along with my trusty manager Shin-young attempting, key word attempting, to hide behind the stack of papers, as I could see her belly sticking out from her hiding place.

 

“Well hello to you too unnie.” I could only stifle a chuckle seeing her jolt, surprised that her secret cover was found so easily.

 

“Looks like the CEO has finally come back from spending the whole day with her girlfriend.” Scoffing at the word girlfriend I walked to my chair and started reading the paperwork while she was wiggling her eyebrows at me.

 

If only.”

 

“What’d you say?” Crap I was thinking out loud.

 

“Nothing to worry about.” She was squinting so hard at me I thought she had her eyes closed.

 

“Well I guess I should let you catch up with your homework little IM and good luck with your wifey. Hehehe.” Aigoo, today’s going to be a long day. I can feel it.

 

I was only a quarter through reading and signing papers when I received a text. Not bothering to look at the sender I opened the message, I couldn’t hold my excitement once I finished reading the text.

 

MICKEYUL: Come meet me at the café when you get off for lunch, it’s about your proposal to Australia.

 

All right! I can’t wait until lunchtime; bring it on paper work there is nothing that can stop me from meeting her! Three hours later I felt like death had taken my soul out of my body with how much paperwork I had gone through, but the good thing was I’m only 30 minutes away from meeting her.

 

After what seemed to be eternity I grabbed my keys and raced out of the building to my awaiting love of my life (so cheesy). As soon as I arrived at the café I noticed narsha and hyuna making kissy faces at me while ‘discreetly’ pointing to where Yul was. I gave them a small nod as a sign of thanks before hitting them on the back of their heads.

 

“Sorry I’m late. Have you been waiting long?” I said while slipping into the chair across her.

 

“No, I got here a few minutes ago. Sorry I took you from your work. It must be a big burden on you since you were absent yesterday.” What are you talking about? You’re never a burden on me, although there is a big pile of paperwork waiting for me once I get back.

 

“You? A burden? I’ll be happy to fly to the moon and back for you.” We just sat there smiling at each other when I noticed the two dorks making puking faces behind Yuri. Ignore them, just ignore those peasants.

 

“So what’s your decision? Will you come with us?”

 

“ I can’t come…”

 

“Oh..” I can hear my heart breaking with her answer. My eyes were starting to tear up knowing that she had rejected me. It shouldn’t hurt right? I mean it isn’t a confession or anything like that. “That’s alright. I guess you have other plans with your family..”

 

“ Yoong. You didn’t let me finish. I was going to say that I can’t come without knowing what time the flight is and what clothes to wear. I didn’t know you would be that sad thinking about me not coming with you, for your first business trip.” Did I hear that right?

 

“So you are coming?” I looked at her like how a curious little kid would look when asking questions. She nodded her head while wiping the tears building up in my eyes. How can one girl break your heart and fix it back up again in an instant?

 

“Australia here we come!” I started bouncing around in my seat knowing that she was coming. We enjoyed our lunch and just spent our lunchtime together, which gave HyuSha (Hyuna and Narsha) time to tease us about our honeymoon in Australia. Once it was time to go back to work we reluctantly said our goodbyes and headed off in our own separate ways. I can’t wait until we go to Australia!

 

***

It’s finally the night before we leave for Australia. Everyone’s been preparing for this trip especially Yuri and I, since this is our very first business trip. We even went shopping together so that we can look professional in front of our business partners. Yul was minding her own business at a secluded section of the mall when these skinny men (could I even call those guys men? More like popsicles.) started to use lame pick up lines such as “Wanna play a game? We can play all night long, etc.” Thinking about it makes me want to puke; I mean it could work if they had muscles and are good-looking. Seeing as Yul didn’t have the heart to reject the pathetic weasels I came in between them and rejected them for her. But seeing as another girl had entered the scene they became all touchy feeling with us. And nobody touches my Yul with those sleazy hands and gets away with it.

 

Grabbing a guy’s arm that was wrapped around my shoulder I professionally twisted it behind his back until he laid on the ground begging for mercy. You should’ve seen the other guys’ face they looked horrified. And of course being the badass that I am I had to show them a lesson of how to pickup women. Forcing every one of them to watch on their knees I walked over to where Yul was standing and swept her off her feet, literally. Carrying her bridal style while walking away from them. As we were walking away I flashed them one of those ‘this is how you do it’ smirks and watched as their jaws hanged open as they saw Yul wrap her arms around my neck and gave me a peck on my cheeks while whispering “My hero!”

 

I checked and rechecked everything to make sure that I hadn’t forgotten anything especially my underwear. I’m never making the same mistake again that’s for sure. Satisfied with everything I did my evening routine and jumped into bed excited for tomorrow to come. Well that is until I realized that I couldn’t go to sleep since I’m too excited. I checked the time and grumbled to myself since I was only going to get three hours of sleep before catching an early flight at 3 freaking A.M.

 

I didn’t manage to sleep a wink at all so I just checked and rechecked everything just to make sure I didn’t forget anything when the time comes.  Getting ready I decided to wear a wide stripe sweater with a black light weight hoodie and denim skinny jeans. Seeing as it was cold outside I decided to bring a leather rider jacket.

Checking myself in the mirror to look presentable I hailed a cab and went straight to the airport. Most of my staff had arrived and were in the process of checking in their luggage. Waiting in line I watched what they were doing. I’m so nervous right now; I have no idea what to do. I even searched up tutorials on the basics of checking in since this is my first time going abroad. Okay Yoona fighting!

 

Miraculously I managed to check in my luggage without much hassle and didn’t look like an epic fail in front of my colleagues. We made our way to the gate and waited for everyone. I excused myself and went to the food stalls since I forgot to eat and bought a few snacks (when I mean a few I meant it in shikshin term. Which is a LOT). Since there was still thirty minutes until we got called on board I decided to have a short nap to waste time.

 

“… miss Im.”

 

“Miss Im it’s time to line up.” I groggily got up from my seat and stretched out my stiff neck and made my way to the check in lady. After checking in and sitting down in business class a sudden realization struck me that I haven’t seen Yuri yet. All these what if’s were swirling in my head as I stared off into space, I wasn’t paying attention to my surroundings when somebody tapped my shoulder.

 

 A gasp escaped my mouth as she was standing right in front of me flashing that gorgeous smile of hers. My eyes wondered down her legs and I had to gulp with how much I was salivating. She was wearing a grey t-shirt with a skater shirt and a leather biker jacket.

She sat right next to me and we proceeded with the safety precautions before the plane took off. We were each handed a blanket but seeing as how she was only wearing a skirt I handed mine to her since the plane might get cold, I think. She refused at first but since I was willing to give my jacket to her instead of the blanket she quickly agreed on the blanket instead. Squeezing my hand and flashing another beautiful smile as a sign of gratitude she soon fell asleep with me right behind her, still holding her hand.

 

 

A/N: Heyo! Merry Christmas.. oh um.. Happy New Year!!! Um i do apologise for being a teensy bitsy late... ok really late. But i do wish everyone a Happy 2016 and that everyone's new year resolution will be completed.. hopefully ;) As usual thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing to this story, because without you guys i wouldn't have gone this far with this story. So thanks once again a big thanks and Happy New Year!