Chapter 3

Stupid Heart

Weeks later attacks on Yuri from Yoona had begun to decrease till there were no attacks for a whole week. Relieved Yuri walks around the campus aimlessly as her friends and the Bigbang oppas were still in their classes and she had a free period. Seeing as there was a staircase that leads up to the ceiling Yuri decides to investigate as she bacame curios of where it leads. And is immediately surprised by the garden on top of the building, nothing else could described how beautiful the scenery was. Nothing, nada, zero, zilch. Walking around the vast garden Yuri notices a slumped figure leaning their back against a wall. Thinking that it was the creator/garddener of the garden she cautiously walks toward the person when she realized that it was no other than her number one bully, Im Yoona. With dumbfounded astonishment Yuri was about bolt off to find safety when she heard wheezing from the sleeping girl. Even though Yoona was one of her biggest fears she bravely approached the girl and placed her hand on the wheezing girl’s shoulders. Immediately her hand was flicked away by the sick girl, receiving a glare from the doe eyed girl, Yuri slowly backs away from her and readies herself to flee from the garden. Yoona on the other hand with great difficulty stood up and started walking towards the exit only to collapse on the ground with a panicked Yuri rushing towards her. Fear mixed with concern Yuri cradles Yoonas head with her arms and notices that Yoona’s nose was bleeding profusely. Panicking even more Yuri dials the only number who she knows can get them to the hospital quickly and that is her Seungri oppa. Since he’s the only one Yuri knows that can drive quickly and efficiently.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

“O-oppa. I need your help.”

“What is it Yuri-ah are you okay? Do you need help with anything? Where are you” Alarm can be heard in his voice and a chair screeching.

“I’m on the roof of the main building there’s a staircase leading to it please hurry.” With that Seungri runs out of class ignoring the calls of his teacher and the students’ curious stares. Running through the hallway Seungri finds the stairs that lead to the roof and bursts through the door seeing a crying Yuri holding someone in her arms while blood soaked both of their clothes.

 

“What happened?” as he walked closer to the unconscious girl he slowly realizes that it was no other than the biggest troublemaker in the campus. Seeing the blood flowing from her nose he picks her up bridal style and rushes to the car with a still crying Yuri behind him. Placing Yoona on Yuri’s lap Seungri revs the engine and drives towards the hospital. Arriving at the emergency area Yoona was rushed into the emergency room.

 

In the waiting room both students waited after calling the admin office of Yoona’s situation. Suddenly the doors open and a doctor walks out.

“Are you Im Yoona’s family?”

“No, but we were the ones that brought her here. How is she doc?” Yuri asks about Yoona’s condition.

“She is in a stable condition now. She is lucky that you’ve brought her here. If not she would have collapsed without receiving any help.” Yuri and Seungri both sigh in relief especially when Yoona’s parents arrived and were able to leave knowing that Yoona was in a safer place for her health.

 

But unknown to them Yoona was in a very serious situation that is threatening her life. “Mr. and Mrs. Im it’s sad to say that Yoona has Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy. It’s a disease of the heart muscle where the heart enlarges and its cause is still unknown. It was lucky that two students managed to get her here on time if not, she wouldn’t be here right now.” With the revelation of Yoona’s condition Mrs. Im burst into tears and leaned into her husband’s tender embrace. He too was saddened about the information presented to him, but he had to stay strong for his wife and to keep it together for her.

 

“How do we treat it?”

“Once she has awoken we can give medicine such as inotropic agents, Vasodilators and Cardiac Glycosides. But there are also surgical options; as well, the only concern is that it will cost a lot more. And there is a low percentage chance of her body accepting the new organ than the chance of actually finding the same blood type and all other factors needed for the transplant to work.”

“We’ll do it. We’ll have a heart transplant for her.”

“But are you certain about this. She may have to wait weeks or months for the right organ to be accepted, and keeping her in the hospital may cost more than expected.”

“It’s okay we can handle it. We have the money.” Mr. Im said while assuring his wife through the tender touches that he gives her.

“Okay please follow me to get her registered on the list.” And with that the three adults walk into the doctor’s office hoping to give their daughter another chance to live her life.

***

One month later

It was another day for Yuri and her friends but it was quiet. Don’t get her wrong you were still be able to hear the faint buzz of the city streets, the laughter of the academy’s students, the scribbling of pens on paper and the usual boring lectures of professors. But something was bothering the tanned girl; something just didn't feel right for her. A bad type of feeling that she just couldn’t shake off, no matter what she does. It only intensified at the end of the day inside Seungri’s car, the place where she could relax even for the tiniest moment.

 

“Hey Seungri-ah have you ever had this kind of feeling where you think that something bad is going to happ…” before she could finish her sentence her world came into a crashing blur. Literally, all she could see was a blur of motion where a truck had rammed the driver’s side of the car.  And the car spinning uncontrollably until it came to a complete stop and another car smashed into the back of the car. Hurling their heads forward, and the feeling of the airbag hitting their faces in order to save their lives.

 

Yuri POV

A blur that’s all I can see right now, I can’t clearly grasp what I am seeing right now. Reaching out to oppa I could his body had gone limp, leaning unto the steering wheel. Gaining back my senses I could see him clearly, blood dripping from the gash on his head. Dripping down his neck and his broken body, leaning closer to him I could feel pain all over my body especially my lungs. It felt like thousands of needles were inside me, burning whenever I breathe. Too focused on getting close to oppa I didn’t notice that I had broken my ribs and had punctured by lungs. Then it was all lights out. Ambulance, hospital and nothingness I don’t know where I am right now, not anymore.

 

“One, two, Three. Clear!”

“Its not working! Again!”

“Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep……”

“Time of death 8:35 pm.”

  ---

“Sir is your child an organ donator?”

“No he’s not.”

“Would you like to donate your shild's organs?”

“We-We’ll think about it.”

 

 

A/N: And here is chapter 3! A bit late but I finally got it posted! Don't worry for all trooper out there I'm slowly getting to the Yoonyul part of the story...... Sorry for the "late" update but I hope you guys enjoy the chapter, and wait for the next one to come ;)