Chapter 10

Stupid Heart

Ring. Ring.

A sleeping woman grumbles in her sleep, annoyed with her disruption of her and prince charming.

Ring. Ring.

The sleeping woman lifts her drowsy head from her office table and spots the culprit who dared to disrupt her beauty sleep. Shooting a quick glare at the telephone she takes a deep breath before answering. “Hello good afternoon, this is Kwon Yuri speaking.” Still drowsy from her afternoon nap she tries to stifle a yawn while she waits for the person across the line to speak up. Still hearing nothing from the person she tries again. “Hello? May I please know who I am speaking to?” She hears stifled laughter from across the line, she was about to end the call until she heard a familiar aegyo that could only belonged to a certain troll. “Yul you should’ve heard yourself. Hello this is Kwon Yuri speaking.” The little troll person across the line mocked her, which sounded like a minion from despicable me. Groaning loudly the slightly annoyed lady was ready to hang up until the little minion, Sunny, interrupted her. “Are you going to the club with us today? There’ll be a lot of good looking people there.” Rolling her eyes the tanned lady threatened the shorter and older woman across the line that she would tell her lover that she was checking out other people. Earning a gasp from the little one the tanned lady hung up before another word could be uttered out of the older girl’s mouth. A sigh erupted out from the tanned lady as she rubs her temples while staring at the ceiling. Her friends, more like Sunny, Tiffany and Hyoyeon, had been begging her to come with them to the club along with their girlfriends and the bigbang oppas. It had been the 25th time that Sunny had called since this morning and another forty more from the other two.

 

Ring. Ring.

“Hello this is Kwon…”  Laughter roared from the other end of the line. The younger grumbled in her chair and formulated plans on how to punish this midget. “Sunny I’m not going. I’ve got to finish this project that is due in a few days.”

 

“Oh come one Yul! We never get to hang out anymore! Everyone’s starting to miss you. I swear it feels like you’re back in Australia with how distant you are from us.” Yuri could only roll her eyes at the short woman’s words.

 

“Yah we last saw each other last week. When you and Taeyeon barged into my office and dragged me out of the building. And then you two forced your dresses on me and dragged me again into the club.” A soft chuckle was heard from the other line.

 

“But you enjoyed it didn’t you? You looked so hot in that dress though! And everyone wanted to go out with you.” Again another eye roll from the tanned woman.

 

“Sunny, they were staring at me because they wanted to get in my pants. It was enjoyable though.” The smaller out of the two smiled and puffed out her chest in pride knowing that her friend enjoyed their ‘surprise’.

 

“See! You did enjoy it!”

 

“That was until everyone who was in a relationship started to make out with each other. I couldn’t even leave because I had to drive everyone since I was the only one who didn’t drink.” The oldest pouted hearing the complaints of the younger and was about to retaliate until she was interrupted by the beeping sound of her phone, indicating that her friend had hung up on her. Pouting she once again dialed the number and received an irritated growl from the tanned woman and hung up. Pouting, Sunny gave in and continued on with her paper works for the company.

 

Sighing out relief, as she didn’t get a call from her friend she slowly laid her head on her folded arms and closed her eyes. She was about to drift off to another deep slumber when the telephone disrupted her connection to dream land. Her nose flared in rage as she grabbed the phone and yelled at the victim across the line. “YAH SUNNY! I DON’T WANT TO GO TO THE CLUB!”

 

“I’m sorry what? This must be the wrong number then.” Realizing her mistake she hastily tried to get the person’s attention.

 

“OMO! I’m so sorry miss! Please forgive me I thought you were a friend of mine.”

 

“It’s alright, a bit surprising but we’re good. Is this the office of miss Kwon Yuri?” Yuri breathed out as the mysterious woman at the other end forgave her.

 

“Yes speaking. What may I help you with today?”

 

“Oh good! My name is Kim Shin-young and I am the manager of a CEO. I would like to book a time for her photo shoot.”

 

“Oh yes, of course! Do you have a certain time that you would want to come in?”

 

“The earliest would be best, I think.”

 

“Ah, the earliest that I have here is on the first of July. So a week from now. Is that all right with you Shin-young shi?” Shuffling from the other line could be heard, as the manager was checking the dates and schedules that were piled up on the new CEO. And to her surprise it was free from any meetings that she had to attend.

 

“Yes, that is perfect Yuri shi. A pleasure doing business with you.”

 

“Thank you for choosing Aremac Industry, see you next week.” As she hung up the tanned woman whooped in joy as she had scored her first big photo shoot.

 

SHIN-YOUNG POV

“Wow, who knew that the photographer was your crush? She sounds pretty exciting to be around.” I chuckled as her face grew red in embarrassment and her hands waving franticly as she denies it. Thinking back to our conversation she had mistaken me as Sunny. There’s only one Sunny who would be interested in going to clubs, there’s only a few Sunnies in Seoul right? Betting on it I called a dear friend of mine. “Sunny-ah! Annyeonghaseyo! How are you? We haven’t talked in ages! By any chance do you know Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Yeah she’s a close friend of mine why?”

 

“Oh ok. I just booked a session with her to do a photo shoot.”

 

 “Unnie! Have you become a model now?! Omo! How could they let you? You’re getting too old now and you’re too short…..”

 

“Yah how could you say that! I’m too y to become a model. All the young and not so beautiful models won’t stand a chance against me anyway. How could you say that I’m too short and old to become a model?! Just because you’re taller than me by a few centimetres.” I pouted hearing Sunny’s revealation.

 

“Yah unnie I know you’re pouting. Okay you’re just too irresistible if you become a model. Happy now?” I beamed at her complements.

 

“Hey do you want to have a lying conversation?”

 

“Okay. You start.”

 

“I’m totally annoyed.”

 

“Why unnie?”

 

“Insung is crying so much and asking me to wait for him while he’s in the army.”

 

“Really? He looks like he’s fine, so why is he acting like that?”

 

“He doesn’t look fine. He follows me around immaturely. Hey, Sunny-ah, is there anything special going on with you nowadays?”

 

“I’m going out with Kim Taewoo.”

 

“GASP! You didn't know that Kim Taeewoo is in two relationships.”

 

“Oh my gosh who’s the other girl?”

 

“We had our first kiss last week. He said that I was his first or something.” A roar of laughter erupted from the both of us as tears slowly piled up on my eyes.

 

“HAHAHAHA! That was a good one unnie! I wish I can talk to you more but I’ve got a meeting to attend.”

 

“Great talking with you. And good luck with Kim Taeyeon as well.” Sigh the life of a CEO is such a tiring thing.

END SHIN-YOUNG POV

 

***

YURI POV

I jumped out of bed, as it was the day that I finally meet the mysterious customers. I wrapped myself with a towel after I had a shower and looked through my clothes. Looking through the different styles I had to pick something that portrayed me as a professional photographer, not just the ordinary work clothes that I usually wear. I have to sell myself so that my career can get boosted up, who knows who else I might do a photo shoot with. Imagining the great possibilities of my successful career I didn’t notice that I had been daydreaming for thirty minutes already, which had left me ten minutes to get fully dressed, eat breakfast and at least an hour to set up. I chose the closest clothing to me and literally jumped into the dress and donned on a pink cardigan (A/N: I’m not the best in explaining as I have said before, so this is pretty much the best I can do to explain what Yuri is wearing. But here is the link if you still want to know what she is wearing -https://yoontaeyeon.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/956f8113b07eca8079ff1f5b912397dda0448315.jpg). I slapped on some make up to make myself look a bit more fresh and lively, despite the stress and frantic emotions building up inside. Glancing at the clock I only had an hour left, so I jumped into the car and sped towards the company building. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I sped through the quiet and thankfully empty road, and soon reached my destination with a new record of three minutes. No time for celebrating, I sprinted into the photo shoot room and hastily set up a white background, the lightings, laptop and the camera settings. With ten minutes left I ran to my office where I soon spotted my reflection from a mirror. And to my horrific disbelief I had sweat gleaming down on my face and neck while my hair that I had left untied was a bird’s nest. Freaking out I grabbed my make up kit and hairbrush as I franticly began to redo my appearance, from a living nightmare to a lively young woman who’s clients are about to walk through the door. OH MY GOD! Its nearly time and my office is a mess from my hasty behavior. I whizzed around the room to clean up magazines that had fallen to the floor and makeup wipes that I had carelessly dropped. As my office was finally clean from the horrible mess I was finally able to sit down and relax on my chair and took one last final glance of my reflection before I heard knocking on the door. Heaving a deep breath I calmed my erratic heart and emotions before signaling them to come in.

 

A short woman that appeared to be in her mid thirties walked into the room, confused as to why she was the only one who entered I stood up and introduced myself. “Good morning, my name is Kwon Yuri and I will be your photographer today.” The older woman chuckled as she saw me bow and nearly hit my head on the table in front of me. “Yuri-shi please you don’t have to be so formal with me. As we will be working together for a while. ”

 

“Oh yes, of course. Would you like to start the photo shoot now, miss?” Again the older woman chuckled as she gently waved her head side to side.

 

“I’m afraid that you’ve got me mixed up with someone else. My name is Kim Shin-young, the manager. Although I would be a great model don’t you think so?” we both chuckled at her joke before we shook hands together. “Pleasure to meet you Shin-young-shi. When would you like to begin the photo shoot?”

 

“She just went to the toilet so she won’t be too long.” As soon as Shin-young finished soft knocks were heard.

 

AUTHOR POV

“Come in!” the doors opened and a tall and slender woman walked through the door. Gasps were heard from both women, “Y-You!?”

 

“Well this is a bit awkward.” Shin-young said as she watched both women staring at each other.

 

A/N: Chapter 10 is up!!! i think i might add a chapter or so sonce this chapter started to get pretty long...... Sorry if there are any mistakes, since I relly want to post this cahpter and I need to go to bed cause i still have school.... =_=..... I hope you guys like this chapter and please wait for the next chapter to come! Thank you the new subscribers, readers and comments as well! ;)