Chapter 21

Stupid Heart

YURI POV

 

We arrived at the hotel, only to be ushered into the company van by non other than our colleagues. Obviously excited about something I do not know of. It was five minutes before we arrived at our destination when they blindfolded me. I was getting nervous with each passing minute as my sight was covered, completely not liking the idea of it at all. That was, until somebody held my hand and whispered soothing words in my ear. And with that, the ride was less stressful, more bearable, and more exciting now that that special person is next to me.

 

Everyone helped me get out of the van and guided me somewhere. Taking off the blindfold I was greeted by a giant face shaped like the sun. It’s gaping mouth acting as the entrance. At once I realized that it was Luna Park, an amusement park! No wonder everyone seemed really excited about something.

 

“Sorry Yul, we couldn’t take you to Disneyland.” Yoona had disappointment in her eyes, and wouldn’t meet my gaze. Sighing to myself I encouraged everyone to enter, as I talked to my disappointed boss. I grabbed both of her cheeks squeezing them together and made her look my way.

 

“Are you kidding Yoong? This is an amusement park! Mickey or not I’m still going to enjoy myself. Come on Yoong! The rides are calling!” I now grabbed both of her hands and dragged her towards the entrance. Still sulking.

 

“Aigoo my Yoona’s still upset! Smile for me Yoong! That sad face doesn’t suit your pretty face.” This got a little reaction, earning a little smile from the sulking girl.

 

“Yoong. Yoong! Can’t you hear that?? The rides are calling for us! Yoona! Yoona! You are so amazing! It’s getting lonely without Yoonyullll~~” This time I earned a little giggle. But hey, at least she’s not sulking anymore.

 

“Come on Yul! The rides are lonely without us!” Now it was Yoona’s turn to drag me inside. I was once again surprised seeing that the whole place was empty (except for our colleagues of course).

 

“Yoong! No one’s here! Are you sure it’s open?!” I gaped at her. Still surprised by the theme park’s lack of people.

 

“Relax. This is supposed to be ours for today. Surprise!” Now it was my turn to have my mouth open. And just like what I did earlier, Yoona stepped closer and gently closed my mouth before winking at me again.

 

“Kaja! We’ve got a lot of rides to get through!” And go through the rides we did. The big ones for the thrill seekers, and even the children’s rides for the child at heart. Not one ride or attraction was left out.

 

The sun was now slowly setting into the horizon, and what better place to watch the sunset than on the Ferris wheel. I was about to step into the Ferris wheel by myself when a hand suddenly grasped mine. Looking to my right I found no other than Im Yoona, flashing me that one million watt smile of hers. We stepped into the same carriage and watched the scenery as we slowly made our way to the peak. The sunset was even more breathtaking now that we are at the ride’s peak. The sky painted a mixture of soft pinks, blues and violets in contrast with the silhouette of the city.

 

“So pretty.” I nodded in response, never taking my eyes off of the scenery.

 

“But, I know that there’s a more beautiful scene to watch.” Curious, I turned to look at her sitting next to me.

 

“There. Right there. Staring into your beautiful eyes.”

 

“EY. So cheesy!” I gently slapped her right shoulder, as she let out soft chuckles.

 

“But you love it though.” Smiling as my response we slowly let the topic slide, already knowing what my answer was going to be. We hopped out of the ride and decided to stroll around the place. Playing prize-winning games once in a while and stopping by places that sold snacks. Ah~ this is bliss.

 

I slowly wrapped my arms around her left arm, only to be dragged away by some unknown force. That unknown force could have only been Shinyoung unnie.

 

“Yuri. Yuri! Let’s ride the ghost train again!” Unnie was bouncing up and down holding my arm. I reluctantly went along with Shinyoung unnie, Yoona waving at us. Sulking as I was no longer beside Yoona.

 

My sulking soon stopped, as the ride sped down the track. Making us scream with its twists and turns; no matter how many times I’ve been on this it still manages to make me scream and my eyes to pop open as adrenaline pumped through my veins.

 

After one heck of a ride Shinyoung unnie then dragged my lifeless body towards another attraction, the mirror maze. As it’s name, it was a maze comprised of mirrors and blinking lights. The room was still spinning around by the time we entered, it didn’t help that Shinyoung was dragging me around the place and that my shoelaces had come undone.

 

“Yah, unnie wait for me! I need to tie my shoelaces.” I quickly bent down on my knee and quickly tied my shoelaces still thinking that the bouncing unnie was waiting for me. But alas, that bouncing unnie had left me behind!

 

“Ottoke. Unnie?! Yah Shinyoung unnie!” I started calling for my lost unnie as I begun my search for her. Everything was going swell until I hear a loud bang, and soon later rushed footsteps as unnie started screaming.

 

“Ah umma help me! Unnie!” Panic arose within me as I soon started to fast walk around the maze. Fear pushing me to find the exit at the least possible time, afraid that something terrible would occur.

***

I swear to God the walls are moving. I have been wandering around for 20 minutes and the exit still can’t be found! Grumbling to myself as sweat became more apparent on the shirt that I was wearing. Grumbling as I was turning another corner a body suddenly loomed into my vision in front of me. I let out a startled scream, my eyes pooping open and my left hand immediately covering my mouth as I started to hyperventilate and mumble incoherently at the same time.

 

“Yuri ah. Shhh. Calm down. It’s just unnie. Come on, let’s get out of here.” Shinyoung unnie grabbed my hand and slowly led us out of the maze- despite garnering a bruise on her shoulder from my spontaneous slapping.

 

Stepping out the sun had already set and the temperature had dropped to a comfortably cool temperature. The breeze immediately cooling down my warm skin- and slowly air-dry my sweat drenched shirt. The night silent. Until, the breeze carried the soft melodies of a song playing in the distance. Curious I followed the soft melody and was awestruck at the sight that was beheld in front of me.

 

The lights were dimmed, but in the centre of the park was a lone Christmas tree. Decorated by lights, bows and little ornaments, and underneath were presents in all shapes and sizes. Around the tree were balloons and even more Christmas lights that sparkled beautifully in the dimmed environment. Spherical lights in all sizes that led towards the tree lighted a path. It was such a beautiful sight to look at but I was sure that this wasn’t here before. And everyone had vanished. Is this another surprise for me?

 

I then finally notice a life size Mickey Mouse standing in front of the Christmas tree. An unseen stereo system playing a song into the empty courtyard. Slowly I headed towards Mickey Mouse who was holding a bouquet of flowers (excitement slowly built up making me giddy at the sight. But I put a tight leash on my excitement managing to walk as normally as I can- although I may have looked like I was constipated). Mickey then gave me the bouquet. A smile tugged on the corners of my lips as the song played in the background.

 

~All day, I wait for your response
I worry that I’ll say something wrong, so I keep writing and erasing
I keep saying things I don’t even mean
All the things I practiced in the mirror, lines from dramas
I forget them when I’m in front of you, I struggle
My hand hesitates in front of your hand- Mickey reached out its hand and I willingly took it.
The sound of my heartbeat gets louder so you can almost hear it, yeah

 

I’m afraid you won’t feel the same way
And that I won’t ever get to see you agai
n- Mickey grabs my other and held it tightly.
I have no courage to tell you
So I’ll open my heart to you through this song

 

I love you, baby I, I love you (since a long time ago)
I love you, baby I, I love you
- He then started to make heart signs with his hands.
 

My heart is like a drum, it keeps beating
My arms just wait for the day to hold you tight
My calendar just waits for the red mark to be drawn
My confession just waits for my courage

 

I’m still a shy fool- He scratches the back of his neck
But this song that I spent countless nights writing
I hope it shows you my heart
I’ll place an earphone in your hand
- Taking out an earphone, Mickey then urged me to listen.

 

“Hi Yul. It’s Yoona. I uh just want to tell you that I might have caught a condition. Called falling in love. Whenever we are together my heart beats faster and my stomach twists and turns so much that I feel like I’m going to vomit. NOT that you make me want to vomit! Okay, that was a fail.” I let out a soft chuckle as I watched the fidgeting figure in front of me.

 

“So doctor, will you help me feel better and say yes? You are such a wonderful woman that I’m afraid that I’ll loose you to somebody else. Will you be my Yul to the Yoon. As I will be your Yoon to Yul.”


How is it? -I removed the device from my ear and stepped closer to her. Removing the headpiece and revealing a nervous looking Yoona gnawing on her bottom lip as her hands fiddled around next to her. But it soon stilled as I grasped her hands, made circular motions with my thumbs on the back of her hands before nodding.
 

I love you, baby I, I love you (since a long time ago)
I love you, baby I, I love you~
- Her smile grew and pulled me into a hug by the waist. Lifting me off of the ground spinning in circles- as we laughed and smiled during this happy moment.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Tah-dah!! The story has finally come to an end! I have heard your pleas and got my lazy off of the couch and started to write Yoona's confession! (Although i just migrated to my bed while typing this up). I apologise greatly for my lack of writing. I honestly had no idea how to write the confession scenes since i'm no romantic. But i hope that this was good enough for you, dear readers.

I will try to write more stories, and try to finish half of the story before postinng so that you guys won't have to wait too long. But, i might have to stick to one shots instead.... We don't know.. But thank you for reading my story (that took more than a year to write =_=)!! I hope that you guys will have a great year!! 

p.s if you guys didn't noticed i used a scene from horror movie factory (when shinyoung was running away) and the recent runnning man w/ snsd (when yuri got scared in the maze) ;)