Chapter 19

Stupid Heart

 

Yoona POV

I waited for her in our room after Hara had left. Why am I here you ask? I needed to get away from Hara or else I would’ve lost my self-control and tackled her then and there in front of everybody. Yes, I’m jealous. I’ve been jealous ever since she showed up at the lobby last night and cut our time together. I was worried sick last night waiting for Yul to get back.

 

FLASHBACK

I was silently pacing back and forth in front of the door while I waited for Yuri to come back. I’m pretty sure that there were tread marks on the carpet, I’ve been pacing for half an hour after we finished dinner and went to our designated rooms. Yul had left at 8:30 and it’s 10:30 now, two hours should be enough time to eat dinner and catch up. What is taking them so long? I paced for another thirty minutes before getting changed and decided to go to sleep. It took another thirty minutes of tossing and turning trying to fall asleep (more like worrying where Yul was), but alas I managed o drift off into a shallow and tiresome sleep (those naps where you just keep on waking up five minutes later).

 

Getting even more tired and grumpy I jumped out of bed and started pacing (again). I checked the time and it was already one in the morning. When is she coming back?! As if my prayers were answered I heard the door click open, as fast as lightning my head whipped to the source of the sound and found no other than Hara carrying Yul on her back. Worry kicked in a millisecond later.

 

“What happened to her?” I’m sure my face showed that I was worried, because as soon as she saw me she flashed a smirk before heading straight for Yul’s bed.

 

“Relax miss Im. You’re Yuri’s all right, she’s only tired and fell asleep. If you don’t mind turning around, I need to change her into her pajamas.” Someone seeing her half ? Let alone changing her? Oh hell NO!

 

“Yah. Yah! What are you doing? You can’t just do that? Do you even have her consent?” Once again she gave me a smirk and merely shrugged her shoulders before taking Yul’s shoes off. In a flash I had grabbed her wrists and was about to throw her out of the room before she managed to free her hand out of my tight grip. Turning around she was rubbing her wrist while giving one of those aloft looking smirks in anime, all I could do was send her glares that would make anyone afraid.

 

 (A/N: Hara's smirking like this)

 

“I must say Miss CEO you’ve got some grip there. What have you been doing all your life?” She turned her back on me and walked back to the sleeping girl, I grabbed her shoulder and was about to turn her around when she had somehow pinned my hand behind me; forcing me down on my knees. “Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Yoona shi, you shouldn’t be to brash. You might turn Yuri off; she likes levelheaded people who don’t do anything stupid because they’re jealous.” My fighting instincts from college quickly kicked in as I swiped my feet in a circular motion hoping to catch her off guard to create some space between us, and luckily it did.  We both faced each other bearing different types of expressions. She had amusement written on her face while I was still drilling holes into those big eyes of hers.

 

“What gives you the right to change her?”

 

“A friendship right. What right do you have to get all jealous with her? You two aren’t going out correct?” that question left me dumbstruck. What right do I actually have to be all jealous with her? “And besides, she gave me consent years ago when we were living together while she was still in Australia.” That just made me horrible with how I acted towards her. She’s got more of a right to change her than I have.

 

“M-Mianhe.” I said while my head was bowed low, ashamed and embarrassed on how childish I had acted

 

“It’s alright. If an unknown person were changing my crush I would’ve lashed out as well. As a good friend I’ll even help you confess to her once you’ve decided that she’s the only one. But if you break her heart, I swear to heaven above that I will kick your along with her eight friends in Korea.” I could only gulp at what I heard, but at the same time I was grateful that another friend of Yul’s approves my feelings for the said girl.

 

“Thank you Hara shi!” I bowed a full ninety degrees to show my appreciation. I held my bow until I felt her hand on my shoulder, she flashed me a smile before answering.

 

“Yoona, just call me Hara. A friend of Yuri’s is a friend of mine, and besides we’ll be working together when the time comes. So for now just walk to the back corner and face it, don’t even think about turning around.” Listening to her I stood and waited at the corner, not daring to anger the other doe eyed lady.

 

Ten minutes later Hara had finished changing Yuri into her pajamas and walked out of our lives the door, but not before giving me rules such as the thirty centimeter rule whenever we’re together. Not wanting the girl to have any negative opinions of me I quickly agreed to her terms and conditions without bothering too much on what she had just said (kekeke it sounds like she’s one of those terms and conditions that people don’t read but still agree to it. One of the biggest lies today.).

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

After ten minutes of hugging we quickly changed into our business attire and walked down to the lobby where everyone was waiting. Yul was ahead of me, which gave me enough time to see her behind in formal business attire. And I must say she looks great in it. The way her skirt hugs every curve of her lower half every time she takes a step, it was enough to make a person have a nosebleed for seven days. Like a period, but through your nose (A/N: okay Yoona that’s enough! Sorry for that disrupting image guys). Anyway as soon as the short briefing was over we split up into the two vans and arrived shortly at our meeting ten minutes early, giving us enough time to set up and to introduce ourselves to our business partners. We then commenced the meeting, everyone looked so professional in their attires and serious looking expressions. At once I felt nervous, of course having this as my first business meeting abroad without my parents, everyone looked so different compared to their casual selves. I felt so small compared to them, even Yul looked confident even though she was also new to this.

 

I was so close to convulsing from anxiousness when a hand had grabbed mine and gave it a small squeeze. Looking at the owner she gave a small encouraging smile from an unnie’s and manager’s point of view. As I scanned the room every one of my colleagues either nodded their heads or smiled at me as a sign of support, Yul gave a wink before mouthing ‘Good luck!’ . This little encouragement gave me enough confidence in myself as the CEO of my mother and father’s industry. My first ever business meeting went smoother than I thought it would be, even though we were stuck in a room for five hours (with break times of course). Yul was a great translator, she looked so cool speaking in English and the way she presented herself to everyone, I guess its all thanks from the ‘future CEO’ training she received from her parents; being one of the heirs for the Kwon Corporation. She would’ve been a great ‘head’, but I’m glad that her older brother took care of their family business. I wouldn’t have been able to be this close to Yuri if she had chosen another path.

 

***

It’s three in the afternoon and we decided to go to the beach since it was sweltering hot in our attires and we didn’t have any work to do (I did, but I’m not missing out on Yuri wearing a bikini what Melbourne has to offer.) (A/N: Yoona you ert). We changed into our bathing suits and raced towards the beach which was right across the road, but to our disappointment the beach was closed since there was a shark sighting not far from the coast. Not allowing the little hiccup to dampen our mood we ran back to the hotel, the swimming pool being our number one destination. The swimming pool was gigantic! There were a few water slides here and there, just like a theme park! But since the heat wave wasn’t going to stop any sooner lots of the hotel’s guests were in the water. Nevertheless we stripped off our clothes covering our swimsuits and was in the process of running into the water when a cough interrupted us from doing so. Whipping our heads to the perpetrator, Yul was still in her robe while waving a bottle of sunscreen.

 

“You might want to put at least a few layers of sunscreen. You might end up looking a little bit like burnt bacon if you don't.” Sighing each one of us begrudgingly walked back and hurriedly put on a layer of sunscreen, impatiently, as the sight of the cool water was calling to our sweaty bodies. After quickly applying sunscreen each and every one of us (except for Yuri who was still applying sunscreen on her tanned leg slowly, torturously). Before I was able to feel the cool relief of the water a hand grabbed my wrist and dragged me back under the umbrella we left our stuff. I was about to protest to the girl when she squirted sunscreen into her palms and started applying it on my face. My face instantly flushed a deep shade of red as her fingers caressed every inch of my face, fully covering it with sunscreen.

 

“You need to be careful Yoong. You can get sunburnt really easily under the sun, especially when it’s as hot as today.” I couldn’t say anything else but pout as she turned me around and started to apply sunscreen on my back. Although I’m pouting on the outside I actually love the attention that she’s giving me, and the way her hands would my back. Leaving tingling sensations after each and graze of her fingers (I’m starting to think something else aren’t I?). I was just standing there enjoying Yul’s hands on me when I hear wolf whistles coming from my coworkers, I sent them glares telling them to go away but they only increased their teasing,

 

“Will you two find a room? This is a public space for crying out loud!” We turned our heads to the familiar voice and I could feel my energy depleting just by seeing her. I just stood rooted to my spot watching Yuri hug the girl, jealousy bubbled within me as I saw how close they were but a reminder kept it at bay. ‘She likes levelheaded people who don’t do anything stupid because they’re jealous.’  It echoed in my head stopping me from attacking the other Doe eyed woman, instead I flashed a small smile when our eyes met. Maintaining the eye contact she gave Yuri’s bosom a squeeze and gave me one of her sly smirks. It is on Hara!

 

She then proceeded to take off the over sized t-shirt that she was wearing and dragged Yuri towards the pool while trying to take her robe off. The vein on my forehead was pulsing with how hard I was trying to not explode, so instead I waited for her to reach the edge of the pool where I broke her grip from Yuri’s hand and pushed her into the water. Her face of shock was amusing as she fell into the water in slow motion. I could feel horns and a tail sprouting from my forehead and tailbone watching her fall, while I held Yuri in my arms. As soon as she landed into the water she tried to get out of the pool but was prevented from doing so by my little minions (staff). I watched them drag her away from the edge before I turned the both of us back under the umbrella where she then took her robe off. Oh and was it a sight to see. She wasn’t wearing a bikini but her legs and toned stomach was enough to give me a nosebleed for weeks, I can’t believe she’s been hiding such masterpiece for so long.

 

(A/N: This is what Yuri's wearing.)

 

After I had snapped out of my very erted gaze (A/N: she had heart shaped eyes whilst drooling.). We jumped into the pool and had fun with everyone, including Hara, until the beautiful colours of the sun setting painted the sky. We proceeded to change into our pajamas and decided to have dinner in our own rooms, exhausted from our eventful day. I waited for Yuri to fall asleep (which didn’t take very long) before calling a certain ‘friend’.

 

“I think I’m ready.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hi guys! Deepest apologies for taking so long to update, that is why i have given you my awesome readers a double update! I don't know what else to say really.... 

Thanks once again for those who is still reading this story, I applaud you guys! especially since i take realllllllyyyyyy long to update. Once again i appologise for my lazyness and tardiness. Hopefully i can pull something out of my sleeve and finish this story with a bang. ;)