Chapter 4

Stupid Heart

There in room 319 a tanned girl rests on a hospital with all of her closest friends and family surrounding her. She laid there with tubes through her nose to help her breathe, her left arm in cast and a life monitor beeping with every beat of her heart. Tension was mostly what all the people inside the private room could feel, fear that she would never wake up from her comma and a slither of hope that she will come back to them. With every beep of the monitor they breathe out with relief knowing that her heart hasn’t stopped functioning for the tenth time after her surgery.

 

“Yuri-ah. Baby, please come back to us. We miss you so much, mommy and daddy are right here so please wake up.” A sniffing mother of two whispered to her youngest child laying in bed motionless. While her husband and oldest son stood behind her watching the youngest with sad eyes. While her friends including the four oppas lingered around the couch staring into space, no one talked except for Mrs. Kwon but in their hearts they were all praying for their Yuri to come back home.

 

Ragged breathing echoed throughout the room and all eyes centered their attention to the girl on the bed. Hearing the wheezing and coughing the maknae of the group ran to get a doctor while everyone surrounded the rasping girl. A group of doctors arrived and managed to persuade them to stay outside of the room. The group waited for what seemed to be an eternity on the hallway of the hospital while the doctors tried to calm the girl’s breathing. A doctor came out and ushered them inside, and there they saw the conscious Yuri doing basic exercises with her fingers. Looking in their direction she smiled and everyone, now able to those chocolate coloured orbs burst into tears with relief. They rushed towards her and hugged her loosely as she was still recovering from broken ribs.

 

“Our black pearl has finally awoken!!  Hallelujah! I can finally get my appetite back!” Sooyoung happily declared and took out a large packet of chips before devouring the whole things in minutes.

“Aish Soo I can’t believe you can still act like that with Yuri in a comma for three weeks!” Hyoyeon declared and slapped Sooyoung on the arm, causing the taller girl to whimper in pain.

“I missed you too S-Soo and everyone.” Although her voice could be barely heard everyone smiled and declared to have a welcome back party for Yuri.

***

A week later Yuri was able to get off the hospital bed and was able to be wheeled around the hospital and into the park that was across the road from it. All thanks to her persistent personality by annoying the poor nurses non stop,  complaining about how the air inside the room is getting polluted by the Carbon Dioxide in the air. And how she’s going to die if she doesn’t get out of the room and specifically claimed to go to the park when she was out of the room.

 

With the cool breeze flowing around her, Yuri took a deep breath and enjoyed the view of the park. Flowers bloomed at the flowerbeds and the leaves swayed with the breeze that swept past, nothing was more perfect spending the day the park. Nothing. As another breeze hit her she heard someone calling her name, “Yuri-ah” the voice sounded familiar to her but she couldn’t put a finger at who it was. The mysterious voice called to her again and this time she recognized it, following the voice she was led behind a tree and there she saw Seungri in white clothes and a faint glow behind him. He stood there smiling at her and opened his arms, just like how he would do it whenever they see each other. Getting up on wobbly legs Yuri walked or should I say wobbled to wards him and put him in a big bear hug, ignoring the slight pain on her ribs she hugged him until Seungri had to pull back.

 

“Hahaha. I miss you too miss damsel in distress.” With a curt bow he smiled at her. Copying what he did Yuri also did a curt bow with a smile plastered on her face. “It’s only because I haven’t seen my knight in shining armour in a while.” Pouting Yuri crossed her arms and glared at him. Seungri chuckled and shook his head; he tugged on Yuri’s hand to the ground and sat on the grass. It was only then he became serious, Yuri became slightly confused. As she has never seen Seungri look dead serious before until he spoke.

 

“Yuri-ah you know I’ll miss you right?” he told her with sadness written all over his face. “Of course I know that, who wouldn’t miss the Kwon Yuri?” with a smug look she faced Seungri, but the latter didn’t look into her eyes and deeply sighed. “I mean it Yuri-ah. We won’t be able to see each other again.” Hearing what Seungri said Yuri cupped his face and made him look at her. “You’re kidding right? I know you’re joking, you always do this when you don’t have enough food to eat.” But Seungri only shook his head and held her hands. “I mean it Yuri-ah, I’m not part of this world anymore. I know you’re going to feel hurt, but I know that someone is going to make you feel better and help you move on. Just remember this, you will always be in my heart Yuri-ah.” With that she burst into tears and her heart broke into a million pieces knowing that a friend, a brother and her first love was gone forever.

The tanned girl sat on the grass behind the tree that Seungri had bid her goodbye and cried her heart out, she cried and cried until she had nothing else left in her and walked back to the hospital. There she met the worried glances of her parents and cried to them about the loss of her friend. Her parents have known that Seungri had died minutes after they both arrived in the emergency room and there was nothing the doctors could have done to save him. Seeing their youngest cry in their arms they felt her pain in their hearts knowing that their close friends were also mourning for their deceased son.

 

“I’m so sorry Yuri-ah. Do you want to come to his funeral? It’s on Thursday this week.” Mr. Kwon said while holding their dear child in his arms. A knock was heard from the door and Seungri’s parents walked in with their eyes glued unto Yuri. “Auntie, Uncle. My condolences, I’m so sorry about oppa.” Yuri bowed and waited for them to speak up and waited for harsh words to be spoken to her, as she believed that it was her fault that the crash happened. If she didn’t take his offer in driving her home then the accident wouldn’t have happened. “Thank you my dear, it wasn’t your fault that this happened. He was only doing what he usually does. Instead, how do YOU feel Yuri-ah. We know that this would have affected you as much as us and we would like it if you come to his funeral to say one last goodbye.” Seungri’s mother flashed her a sad yet genuine smile telling her that it was all right. Flashing back a small smile of gratitude Yuri hugged her Auntie and agreed on coming to his funeral.

***

While a Doe eyed girl was still recovering from the heart transplant that she received when a heart was available for her. Unknown to her that the heart she received was from one of the students that had brought her to the hospital. In her mind she sees images of a girl with tanned skin and chocolate coloured eyes staring at her, smiling and laughing. While her parents walk out of the hospital room to the information desk to find out whom the donator had been to thank his/her relatives for giving their daughter another opportunity to live. It’s strange how when one dies another life blooms taking its place in the big world that we live in. It’s neither cruel nor good. I guess that’s how life and fate works, we don’t know what is going to happen to us, who we’re going to meet and when we’re going to have an eternal rest.

***

The day of the funeral was hard for everyone close to him; no one was ready to say good-bye to him yet. But here they are sending him prayers for a happy after life and hopeful goodbyes wishing that they would be able to see him when their time is up. Although the ceremony was tough for a certain tanned girl she was still able to say one last good-bye to him and wished him to stay healthy in the afterlife, although she knew that someone else would be taking care of him now up there. She also sent a prayer to him to help guide her through her toughest journeys in life just like how he would usually guide her after he protects her from the bullies.

 

After the funeral the close friends of Seungri were invited to come over the Lee’s household for a small gathering to forget the tears shed and the pain left in their hearts. Talking everything out made everyone feeling better than what they had felt a few days ago. Playing and joking around everyone in the room had finally started to laugh and smile even for a split moment in time where they could feel the joy of remembering the good times they had with Seungri.

***

A few days after the funeral Seungri’s parents received a call from the people Im’s, whose daughter was saved due to the decision of his parents to donate his organs. The grateful parents of the doe eyed girl couldn’t thank them enough for the kindness that they had given them, so the only thing that they could do was to show them Yoona’s recovery. And that was the only thing the Lee’s needed to see, they were happy that their son could save another’s life even if he himself could not be with them. Happy about the news he called the Kwon’s about how the organ donation had helped someone and wanted to celebrate with them. Unknown to both of Yuri’s parents that she had wanted to move to Australia to finish her college years and to help her move on from the accident.

 

During the night of their celebration Yuri made the announcement of her leaving. Sure her parents and friends were surprised at the revelation, they couldn’t help but agree to her, as they knew that Seungri’s death had caused her the most grief out of all of them. “Just be sure to talk to us alright Yuri-ah! If not we’re going to come down to Australia and drag you back home!” Jessica had declared before hugging her. “Are you sure you have to go to Australia? You know that you’re English isn’t very fluent.” Tiffany asks her worriedly while the others just snickered at the latter’s comment. “Yah Ppany my English is fine. Besides I can have lessons from the American duo before I leave.” Yuri hugged the sulking Tiffany who is sad knowing that Yuri is leaving them. “Unnie please make sure that you eat healthy while you’re in Australia. You know how they’ve got good food over there with their steaks and fish ‘n’ chips.” The maknae reminded her before giving her a massive bear hug. And the night went on with her friends and family reminding her the Do’s and Don’ts in the foreign country ‘down under’.

 

It was the day a certain tanned girl had to leave for Australia. But before she left she visited a certain girl’s hospital bed before leaving the country. Standing in front of the sleeping girl Yuri observes her sleeping face, and wonders how someone as angel looking could be so cruel to her. She would have loved to slap her, yell at her having to be the one to receive Seungri’s heart. But she couldn’t as much as she wanted to, she just couldn’t hurt her not when she knows that Seungri would be disappointed of her thinking about harming his heart’s new keeper. So the only thing she could only do to her was to say a few things to sleeping girl.

 

“Yoona-shi please take care of Seungri’s heart for me as his heart that is now yours is the only thing reminds me the most about him. The memory of his kindness and love that he showed me when others didn’t, especially you. So please Yoona-shi do as much as you can to keep yourself healthy, so that when I come and see you I’ll be able to show him through you that I have moved on. I know you wouldn’t be able to remember this, but please do so.” And with that Yuri left with tears in her eyes to the new world waiting for her, but the only thing she didn’t know was that Yoona had heard everything she had said and her heart clenched learning that the tanned girl was leaving the country.

 

A/N: There you go, chapter 4 is UP! TADA!!! still not at the Yoonyul bits but it will be soon! i just want to say to all the subscribers and readers a BIG thank you for reading my story, and seeing the comments is great as well! i will try to reply back to those who comment, especially if you don't get any of the parts I've written. And like i said please feel free to comment and have a great weekend! ;)