Chapter 18

Stupid Heart

Yoona POV

Opening my eyes after a very uncomfortable sleep I checked my surroundings while stretching out my stiff neck from sleeping at a very awkward position. I was about to stretch my limbs when I noticed that our hands were still connected. Glancing to my side a sleeping angel with the tip of her tongue protruding out of greeted me. Why is this lady so cute? I sat there watching the sleeping angel (casually turning away whenever somebody passed my seat to avoid looking like an obsessed freak); my cheeks ached with how much I was smiling seeing her right next to me. Gosh I am so lucky! I was doing a mental celebration when her hand slipped away from mine. Instantly my eyebrows scrunched together and my lips formed into a pout. Turning my head I saw her rubbing her eyes while stifling a small yawn, she then stretched her limbs, which caused her shirt to rise up her curvaceous body. Yoona look away! As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t. Looking away would’ve been a sin, so I sat there just ogling at her toned stomach while a big lump of saliva was lodged in my throat. Causing me to gulp loudly, when I said loud I meant you could hear my gulp from the cockpit loud, which (sadly) caught her attention. Look away now! My mind was telling me to look away, but it was already too late. Her lips curved into the iest smirk I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Lord have mercy! This girl is about to die happily seeing the Kwon smirk.

 

“Like what you’re seeing Yoong?” Ottoke! She just asked me if I liked what I saw! Ok Yoona, must keep calm. You must not give into temptation that is named Kwon effing Yuri!

 

“U-Uhm maybe?” Maybe? With all the things that could have been said, you went with maybe?

 

“Why are you questioning yourself?” My eyes widened in surprise as she crept closer to me and whispered in my ear. “I’m right here Yoong.” I gulped again for God knows how many times, as she stayed there in such close proximity. I could hardly breathe, as I felt her breath on my red ear, please do not pounce on her! I was about to face her when a sudden jerk caused our heads to hit each other. What the heck?! I saw her clutching her aching head; leaning forward I was about to ask her if she was all right when another sudden jerk caused me to bounce off of my seat. Placing my hands in front of me for protection I closed my eyes and waited for the impact, nothing but soft pillows was all I felt. Pillows? I gave them another squeeze as I tried to figure out why they were so warm. Opening my eyes I saw that they weren’t pillows but very soft s. Uh oh. At a snail’s pace I lifted my head and met her eyes, slowly I let go of the very soft ‘pillows’ and begged for forgiveness.

 

“I didn’t mean to do that, I swear! Please forgive me!” if I could I would’ve full on bowed at her if we weren’t stuck in a flying tin can. Because if that happened to me I would’ve died of shock if someone just suddenly d my s and squeezed them thinking they were pillows. OH GOD!! She’s going to hate me for sure! Who squeezes a woman’s beautifully shaped s like Yuri’s and not get away with anything?!

 

“Yoong please stop bashing yourself about what you did. I must admit I was shocked when you just grabbed them, but I know that it was an accident so I forgive you.”

 

“But I still grabbed them!” Guilt and embarrassment was slowly eating me alive whenever I recalled the memory.

 

“At least it wasn’t some random guy who did it. Would you have felt better if it wasn’t you?” A random guy touching those lovely chimmy chongas? Aw hell no!

 

“No way!”

 

“Good, then all is forgiven and we shall now go back to whatever we were doing.” Back to the sweet torture of a seductress Yuri? Nope, it’s not going to be good for my blood pressure.

 

“How about we watch a movie instead? You pick.” Please say yes. Please say yes!

 

“Ok! How about we watch Inside Out?” Yes! The two of us squeezed into one chair and watched the movie together, while the rest of the passengers slept and did whatever passengers do in planes.

 

***

Years passed; well that’s what I think it felt like being stuck in such a tight space. Yul and I had dozed off after watching Inside Out (after going back to our normal seats), causing my neck to become sore. Again. I was grumbling to myself when the plane suddenly jerked a few times and the seatbelt sign had been switched on. I quickly fumbled with my seatbelt desperately trying to clasp it together, for the sake of surviving if the plane crashes. After a few seconds of sudden jerking the plane had slowly stabilized, but the seatbelt sign was still on. Seeing that Yul wasn’t securely strapped to her seat I quickly clasped her seatbelt together in case the plane started to jerk around again. And not long after I had buckled her up the plane started to shake violently this time, which caused me to yelp out in surprise. Unconsciously I reached out for Yuri’s hand and held it for dear life, because heck, I was scared to death. Yuri must’ve woken up with how hard I was squeezing her hand and saw me freaking out next to her, because all of a sudden I was pulled into a tight embrace. I couldn’t hear the rattling that the cabin made and my uneasiness slowly faded away as I listened to her steady heartbeat. I was no longer afraid, because I can feel her protecting me from my fear of the plane crashing into the bottomless ocean. From the touch of her hand on my back, her low whispers of encouragement to her slow and steady heartbeat that urged mine to beat in sync with hers. I could feel nothing else but the girl holding me in her tight embrace, and I was fine with that (Especially since my face was resting on very soft 'pillows') (A/N: Way to go on ruining such a good moment =_=).

 

We stayed huddled together until the shaking had stopped and the seatbelt sign had been turned off, where she slowly released me from her warm embrace. I flashed her a small-embarrassed grin as a sign of gratitude.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking, we are 10 minutes from landing in Melbourne airport. The time is currently 5 o’clock and the weather is nice and sunny. On behalf of the crew I would like to thank you for choosing to fly with Air Korea.”  Excited I started to look out of the window where the city came into view. Taking my phone out I started taking pictures of the city skyline while Yul quietly chuckled amused with my sudden change of behavior.

 

Once we landed in the airport two men wearing black suits were holding up signs saying, “Im Yoona’s crew” (in Korean of course. Because how would I have been able to read it if it was in English?). Once we stepped out of the airport the first thing I noticed was how hot it was. It made everyone except for Yul run back into the airport, while the two other guys were just staring at us weirdly. Yuri was chuckling at us amusement dancing in her eyes. No wonder she had worn such clothing while we were still in Korea, she turned back to the men and instructed them something and walked back towards us. I along with the rest of our co-workers were slowly taking of their our layers of clothing and stuffing it in their bags. Chuckling some more she slowly stripped off her jacket and tied her hair in a ponytail, did I not mention how y she looked doing that?

 

A few minutes later two black vans arrived in front of us and we hurriedly walked outside and into the cool sweet embrace of the air con. With a bit of a hassle we managed to arrive in the Grand Hyatt hotel, after getting lost a few times; mistakenly giving them the wrong address. We entered the hotel and man was it a sight to see, this hotel screamed luxury for sure. After checking in we stayed at the lobby to organize ourselves into pairs seeing as there was 10 of us and 5 rooms to share. And of course I managed to convince the team and Yuri to share a room with me. There were whistles and ooh’s from everyone as I was more than happy to share a room with her.

 

After hauling our luggage into our room we jumped unto the bed, giggling at our silliness. We laid there for a while not knowing sleep would soon take over us.

 

***

I woke up to the sight of Yuri unpacking her bags dressed in formal attire. I wonder where she’s going?

 

“Come on Yoong everyone’s waiting for you.” She stopped unpacking and threw a towel at me urging me to shower and change for dinner. Getting out of the shower she was laying on the bed playing with her phone, noticing that I was finished we put our shoes on and headed to the lobby where everyone else was waiting.

 

“Finally the CEO has woken from her sleep. What have you guys been doing in your room?” Shinyoung unnie asked us. Before we could reply somebody in the group beat suggested something that made us both choke on our saliva.

 

“Something smexy probably!” All of our co-workers were trying to stifle their laughter, but there was one that was laughing her head off. Everyone turned their heads at the sound of laughter and saw a lady crouching down holding her stomach.

 

“Yah!” Something whizzed past me and tackled the laughing girl. That something was Yuri, who is now squashing the poor girl under her bosom. “Hara do you want to die?!”

 

“Mianhe Yul!” Yul? She must be a close friend of hers then. But how close are they? That is the question. Both girls managed to gather themselves whilst their arms were wrapped around each others waist.

 

“Guys, this is Goo Hara. She’s one of my close friends here in Australia.” Big, round Doe eyes. That was the first thing I noticed when I first saw the said girl. “I’ll be having dinner with her so I guess I’ll see you guys later.” Others (including me) was saddened upon hearing that the tanned goddess was spending her evening with someone else (that’s not me). A small bunch of people were asking Hara if she was single, or if she wanted to hang out with us. She kindly declined them all, but that doesn’t mean we won’t see her ever again.

 

“Well then I guess Yul and I will be leaving. Sorry Miss President I’ll be stealing your girl for now.” With that she gave me a wink and linked her arms with Yuri’s as they walked away. Yuri waved a quick good bye to no one in particular, as she was getting dragged by Hara and out of my sight. Once they were gone I could hear my co-workers teasing about Yul leaving me. I sent them a quick glare but it only increased their teasing as we walked towards the restaurant. This is going to be a long night.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

After we were Hara started asking me all sorts of questions about Yoona. “Is she songle? Does she have an older brother just like her? Do you have her number? If so can you give it to me?” Etc. Honestly I didn’t want to share any information about Yoona to her, something in me just doesn’t like sharing anything about Yoona to somebody else.

 

“OOHH looks like someone’s jealous!” I snapped out of my train of thought and gave her one of those ‘what are you talking about’ looks. She just merely scoffed before answering, “Please I’ve been one of your closest friends for seven years. Did you not think that I wouldn’t notice it? You’re facial expression basically spells it out that you’re jealous. Are you guys dating?”

 

Once again I shot her an ‘are you kidding me’ look and proceeded to walk ahead of her. She only just chuckled in response while saying “Our baby’s finally fallen in love!” Once she caught up with me we liked our arms and headed to Nando’s for a catch up session. We talked about so many things that we had been doing for the past few months. Apparently not a few weeks ago she met Hugh Jackman at the beach where she was taking scenery pictures for tourism Australia. She ended up taking photos of him instead of the scenery and got scolded by her boss for it, but since her boss was a huge fan of the wolverine (the actor) she let her off easily.

 

We ended up talking later than usual; Hara was driving me back to the hotel and I must’ve dozed off because when I awoke it was already six in the morning. Looking around I was in my shared room with Yoona, but there was no Yoona to be seen. Doing my morning stretches I realized that I was wearing my pajamas? How did I get in my pajamas? I had a quick shower and headed towards the breakfast hall where everyone was already eating breakfast. As I approached our table there was a familiar head sitting beside Yoona. Turning around she jumped off of her seat and gave me one of her bear hugs.

 

“What are you doing here Hara?” I whispered whilst we were in our bear hug.

 

“Just checking up on your girl that’s all?”

 

“What happened?” I asked her.

 

“So you admit that she’s your girl!” She excitedly whispered after hearing my little slip.

 

“N-No. Y-you got it wrong.” Why do I have to start stuttering now?!  She just gave me one of her smug looks and dragged me to my seat, which was on the other side of her. Blocking any ways of communication to Yoona. Although I couldn’t talk to Yoona throughout breakfast I enjoyed playing around with Hara and everyone at the table, even if Hara was being clingy to me all of the time. Probably one of her antics again to provoke the people who wanted to go out with her (A/N: or Hara’s just provoking a certain person ;) ). After breakfast Hara bid us goodbye and promised to come back again for more play time, we then walked back to our shared rooms to get changed before meeting again for a small briefing. I was heading back to our shared room alone as Yoona had somehow vanished when Hara was saying her goodbyes. Entering the room I was engulfed into a tight hug by no other than the person I’ve wanted to talk to.

 

“I missed you.” It was merely a whisper but I heard it clear as day. My cheeks slowly turned red but I didn't mind as I hugged her back while murmuring my reply back to her.

 

“I missed you too.”