Chapter 6

Stupid Heart

It was the night before the college reunion many were feeling excited, some nervous and for others feared going back to college (even if it was just for a day). Tomorrow was a day where a certain doe eyed lady feared, her eyebrows creased as she looked at herself in the mirror wearing her old school uniform (A/N: the school still made the students wear uniforms ever since it was created. Plus the college had always made its past students wear their uniforms on reunion day). She didn’t like it one bit wearing the same clothes that her selfish and cruel self had worn during those college years. Sighing the doe eyed lady changed into her pajamas and jumped into bed hoping that she could have enough rest to give her enough energy for the upcoming day, especially when she would have to meet her number one victim.

 

But to her dismay she kept on dreaming about a tanned lady walking along side her, talking, singing and laughing. Though the whole picture was blurry she could clearly see the smile that she wore whenever she was with her and the chocolate coloured orbs that shine whenever they have eye contact. The scenery changed and the tanned girl was lying on an infirmary bed and thanked her for saving her. “It’s okay Yu….” She was about to find out who the mysterious woman was until alarm clock went off. She couldn’t believe that she dreamt about the tanned lady again for the nth time of the week.

 

The same night- Yuri POV

I can’t believe tomorrow’s the college reunion. I’m so excited to see my friends’ face when they see me in our school uniform again. I haven’t seen them in the past seven years since the holiday breaks were different in each country. Plus my family was the only one to come over for Christmas; speaking of them they weren’t able to come over last year since they were getting ready to expand the company. I wonder how they’ll respond when they find out that I’ve permanently moved back?  Trying on my old uniform I could see that it was a bit more lose than the last time I wore, I guess working out wasn’t that bad.

 

Checking myself out on the mirror a thought suddenly dawned to me that not only was I going to see my friends I would also have to see Im Yoona, the bully who had given me several bruises and cuts on my body whenever I encountered her. Remembering the awful past I could only shiver in fear knowing that I would have to see her again. Sighing I changed out of my uniform and slipped into bed hoping that sleep would come to me, but alas I couldn’t find my way into dream land as thoughts of what ifs would always pop into my head. Until my brain couldn’t take it anymore and fell into a deep slumber.

 

AT THE COLLEGE REUNION

Eager past students of the college walked through the front gates exactly like how they used to arrive in school. Many glancing around if many things had changed while most hugged their long awaited friends. A certain doe eyed girl sneaks through the front gates immediately regretting to come back, but a few metres away from her she spots people taking photos of seven girls walking into the school. “I guess old habits die hard huh?” she heard a guy whisper to himself as he spots multiple men and women surrounding the girls and yelling at them to marry them or just complementing them as they walked on. Seeing them back in their old uniform they looked more stunning compared to there past selves and had more confidence in them. Walking with grace the seven girls headed straight to Yoona and smiled before Tiffany said, “so this was the famous trouble maker of the school, Im Yoona. I must say you look more stunning than before.” Yoona’s cheeks flushed red as she received the compliment. “You guys look even more gorgeous than before as well.” Yoona complimented them but the nine girls waved their hands and shook their heads as if embarrassed to receive complements from someone. “Hey aren’t you the waitress who serves us all the time?” the tallest member asked, nodding I bowed and said, ”At your service. And what else would you like to have?” Chuckling the seven girls invited Yoona to join them at the auditorium where their day began.

 

***

In the auditorium the past students that were able to attend sat in their presented chairs and clapped as their past principal welcomed them and instructed them to come up alphabetically to introduce themselves about their jobs, whereabouts etc. And so everyone started to walk up to the podium and introduced themselves, honestly speaking everyone was bored listening to introductions of each student until the first member Ace walked up to the raised platform and the whole auditorium roared with clapping and whistling. Choi Sooyoung bowed at the crowd and introduced herself and the same thing happened to Tiffany Hwang, until it was Im Yoona’s turn to stand on the stage.

 

Yoona’s POV

Walking up the to the stage I turned around and bowed before introducing myself. “Hello my name is Im Yoona, I work as a waitress for my auntie but I will soon take over my family’s business the Im Corporation. Please to meet all of you.” Ending my short introduction I flashed a small embarrassed grin to the stunned audience and walked back to my seat. The long silence was agonizingly painful, but one slow clap turned into a full on applause and girls (or should I say women) squealed in their seats. Reaching my seat I glanced over to the aces and saw them with shocked faces, I guess no one knew that I was the next CEO of the Im corporations. After the applauding had calmed down the rest of the introductions continued until we heard the name “Kwon Yuri”, glancing back I could see that her seat was empty. Feeling disappointed that I wouldn’t be able to apologize to her for my past actions towards her. “She’s not here today. I thought she would be able to at least come back for today.” Hearing the disappointed remark of a student I saw the Kim’s forlorn expression, glancing at the others all of her friends looked disappointed as well. Feeling that I was at fault I looked down to my skirt feeling my eyes starting to water, until a knock wwas heard from the door.

---

A TWO HOURS AGO

An alarm clock loudly chimed as it tried to awaken its sleeping master, ringing until a hand pressed the snooze button and fell back to sleep. Not knowing that an hour had passed the sleeping figure slowly opened her eyes sat up, still feeling tired the girl yawned until she discovered her uniform hanging from the doorknob. Eyes widening she bounced out of bed, grabbed her uniform and ran into the bathroom. In a flash she finished her morning routine ran to the kitchen and grabbed a slice of toasted bread. Clamping on the bread she raced towards the school, until she realized she had forgotten her ID card and ran back to her apartment. Quickly finding for her lost ID and turning her whole apartment upside-down she raced back to the school gate.

 

Yuri POV

Dammit! I can’t be late on the college reunion I still have people to surprise. Running at full speed to the front gates I noticed that an old man was having trouble crossing the street, being the angel that I am I ran to help him cross the road. After the kind act I ran full speed towards the gates, not even slowing down I passed through the gateway and had an angry ajhussi chasing me. Finally realizing that I was being chased I stopped and let him catch up to me. Arriving in front of me he scolded me for ten minutes for not showing my ID and for making him run after me. Feeling sorry for him I bowed multiple times until he let me go and showed me the way to the auditorium. Seeing myself on a window’s reflection I ran to the toilet and cleaned myself up to look more presentable. Seeing as my hair was everywhere and that I was covered in sweat. Satisfied I found my way towards the auditorium, and just in time I heard my name getting called out. Taking a deep breath I knocked on the door and entered.

End of Yuri’s POV

 

As Yuri walked into the room loud gasps could be heard from the students in the auditorium. The principal asked the tanned lady who she was and was immediately surprised to see a brand new Kwon Yuri. Leading the young lady to the podium there Yuri introduced herself. “Um, hello everybody. It’s nice to see everyone again, as you may or may not know my name is Kwon Yuri. I work as a professional photographer but my older brother has taken over CEO for me.” Ending her little speech she walked back to her designated seat and spotted her friends with slacked jaws staring back at her. Smirking, the now confident Yuri sat on her seat and waited till the introductions were over.

 

A/N: Tada chapter 6 is up!! So it's the day of the reunion! it's not very lengthy but just to let you know I am going over board with my chapters. So I'm thinking about just ending the story with Yuri not forgiving Yoona....

.....

....

I'm kidding!!! I'm still writing the next few chapters and hopefully will have a better ending, what do you think? Anyway I just wanted to update before i get busy with exams, school life, assassinating,  etc. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all the comments, readers and subscribers!! ;)