Chapter 2

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for your patience ^.^

The room was dark, even with the curtains drawn, probably due to the overcast sky outside the windows. Sitting in the shadows, he watched out of the corner of his eye as the woman slipped out of his study with an envelope bulging of cash tucked safely in her jacket. But his attention was mostly on a certain online advertisement for a new secretary. He mulled over the new development. Miss Kim had been of some use at first, but had become too greedy, trying to aim for both the company secrets and the CEO himself. Now his main line of communication had been cut off. There were others but were too unpredictable and untrustworthy. 

He slowly sipped his brandy. He had already decided on the next course of action and had set the plan in motion. A few conversations dropped here and there for the right people to hear, and a few pockets to fill now and then. The man picked up the nearby phone and dialed a familiar number. "Hello? Yes, it's me. I have a job for you."

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Shin Hye scowled as the construction workers carefully put up the Kings Corps. sign on top of the doors of what used to be her family's company. The Golden Sun sign had already been taken down and tossed carelessly in the back of a truck with the rest of the construction debris.

"Don't scowl so much, bunny. You'll get wrinkles when you're still young." 

She turned to see her second Uncle grinning at her. "Second Uncle, it's great to see you! And besides, I don't have as much wrinkles as you do."

Second Uncle chortled at his niece's sass. He blinked at the sun's rays peeking through the gloomy clouds. "Fine weather we're having. You should have brought an umbrella just in case." He glanced at his niece. "As well as some warmer clothing. Winter's coming fast, and it's going to come hard." 

"Second Uncle, what will we do now?" 

He shot the signature Park family scowl at the construction happening around them. "We'll just have to start again. Well, perhaps not completely over again. We still have strong connections, and our reputation can certainly help. By the way, I heard you're applying for jobs. Bunny, you don't have to do that. Your Appa and uncles will take care of you, I promise. Speaking of your Appa, is he here?"

Shin Hye shook her head. "Appa is with Eldest Uncle meeting the family accountant. Although I think he just doesn't want to see this place get renovated by Kings Corps." 

"Ah, so that's where he is. Well, I'll see you again, bunny. Take care of yourself and your business education. Watch out if it rains. Bye now!"

"I will. Take care of yourself too!" Shin Hye waved goodbye as her uncle jogged away. Don't worry about my job applying. I feel like I have to do something to help. Appa and my uncles have done so much, and they all have their own families to take care of too. They don't need me as baggage. What a of good luck that Eldest and Third Uncle were talking about that open position, although it took forever to get them to talk more about the job. 

Second Uncle's prediction came true at that moment, and interrupted her thoughts. The clouds began pouring their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter