Chapter 10

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finals now over. Let the catching up of updates begin!

 

Ever since the near hit and miss with the car, Shin Hye had been feeling uneasy. So she decided to take self defense classes on weekends like she had told Appa she would before she started working at Kings Corps. Somehow, she had managed to pick up a personal instructor who was unexpectedly good. 

"If someone attacks you from behind, elbow first, kick at the shin or behind the knee and run." Her instructor demonstrated the attack points on her body. "Remember it's always better to surprise your attacker and then run. Don't continue to fight, especially when you don't know if the attacker knows more martial arts than you do."

"Alrighty, I think I got it." Quick as a flash, she aimer a well placed kick at the spot behind her instructor's knee, grabbed his hand and shoulder and flipped the instructor on his back. "Aha, see? I got you    oof!" Just as she was gloating, he used his long legs to sweep her legs and upset her balance. She landed with a thud on his chest.

"Stick with the fundamentals, not the fancier stuff. And of course you got it. The student is only as good as the teacher, after all."

Shin Hye rolled her eyes and smacked Jong Suk's chest. "Of course you would have a black belt in martial arts." He laughed as he helped her up. "I still can't believe you live in this big penthouse all alone." Gesturing with her arm, she continued, "I mean, look at this place. You even have your own swimming pool and a training dojo. My old house was big, and it felt lonely even with Appa." 

"You're right. It does get lonely here." Jong Suk smiled. "But I'm glad you moved here. It'll be nice to have a sparring partner."

After taking showers, the pair sat comfortably by the windows with documents spread all over Jong Suk's living room.

"Okay, my security team was able to pull a tag on the car the other day. Turns out it was stolen."

Shin Hye frowned. "So we are being targeted. But why? To stop us from searching further? Usually that means theres something to be found."

She was interrupted by Jong Suk's phone ringing. "Hello? Ah, yes I understand. Very well." He ended the conversation and turned to Shin Hye. "They got the identity of the man who was driving the car. He's a well known hit man, but the police were unable to capture him or find out who hired him."

"Looks like we'll have to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter