Chapter 5

Clash of Interests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye came to a stop several feet in front of the two men. The questions had come from someone behind her. Flashing around, she saw a short haired girl with a peeved expression staring at her. The girl scoffed. "Doubt you'll last very long, anyways."

"Lee Yu Bi, that's rude. Apologize." Lee Jong Suk's voice now came from behind her. 

"Whatever. It's true, isn't it? Why else would she even work here? Anyways, Jong Suk, just reminding you Uncle says not to be late to the family dinner again. I don't want to spend another two hours listening to them fawn over you about not taking care of yourself. Boohoo, just because you're the CEO." Throwling one last baleful look at Shin Hye, Yu Bi her heels and marched away. 

Shin Hye snickered in her head. She has quite the audacity to speak to him like that. Although what she said does make me wonder why he hired me in the first place. Does he think I'm trying to leak his company's secrets?

"I do apologize, that was my cousin, Lee Yu Bi. I assure you, she doesn't mean anything malicious." Jong Suk said to break the tension. 

Hmm, he looks embarrassed. As he should be. "That's alright, Mr. Lee." She replied with a slight bow of her head.

The male companion that Jong Suk was with now turned to her with a beaming smile and a hand for her to shake. "Well then. Welcome to Kings Corps. I'm Kim Young Kwak, the Head of the Human Resources Department. It's so nice to meet you. I'm looking very forward to working with you."

She returned the handshake with a radiant smile of her own. "It's nice to meet you too. Please take care of me."

"Ahem, if you could please come this way. Punctuality is valued very highly in this company." Interrupting abruptly, Jong Suk turned away and stepped towards the elevator.

With a quick nod to Young Kwak, Shin Hye hurriedly followed after Jong Suk. As soon as she stepped into the waiting elevator, Jong Suk handed her a heavy stack of files. 

"The document on top is our employee handbook. In here are the rules every employee is expected to follow. Make sure to cover every rule thoroughly. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination of your internship," he stated business-like. The elevator dinged and rolled its doors open. "The 11th floor is my office. Report here every day on time. The desk by the door is for you to use. There's a list of important people who when they call should be directed to my phone immediately. Otherwise, just page me of anyone else who's calling. Organize the other files and match them up for me when we attend meetings. We have one today at 10:30. The rest of the meetings will be your job to organize." At the same time that he was saying this, Jong Suk had been rapidly leading her down the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter